Is XBox live really worth it?

KevinStorm

So I've had an XBox 360 for several months now, but I haven't had the desire to hook it up to the internet and play the online multiplayer. My major concern is the possibility of ten year old douchebags causing problems and starting shit(which I've seen on several PC multiplayer games). Is this an issue on XBox Live?

Another concern I have is, is it really worth it for the money, and does it improve the gaming experience that much? I don't have much free time to play single player games, so would Live be worth the time and money?

That's about all I can think of right now.

Immature idiots are a problem with any online multiplayer. God bless the anonymity of the internet.

However, that's why we have /forum/index.php?showtopic=43283">The Official EWB Xbox Live Community. Play with your friends here at EWB and your problems with teenage douchebags will be (mostly) solved.

And remember, check the first post of the thread frequently for new additions.

It seems like everyone has horror stories about idiots ruining their multiplayer games, but I've never really had a problem with any of that. Maybe I've just been really lucky...but there are definitely a lot of cool people online, if you can find 'em, and playing online with them definitely adds a lot to certain games.

But if you don't have much time for gaming, as you've said, maybe you'd be better off buying a long single-player game and spending your time with that. If you can't be online very often, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be paying for it every month.

Playing against douchebags has only made my game experiences better.

I played a game of NHL 07, and the kid I was against kept bragging that he was better then me, ranked top in the world. My goal in the first minute by Mats Sundin shut him up good, and made me love the game more then ever.

But if you don't have much time for gaming, as you've said, maybe you'd be better off buying a long single-player game and spending your time with that. If you can't be online very often, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be paying for it every month.