NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Guest StreetzHopin

all i have heard so far contains to the Lakers....

Phil Jackson is out as Lakers head coach....

Kobe Bryant has officially opted out of his contract...

Shaquille O'neal has requested a trade by the Lakers...

Karl Malone decides to become a free agent...

Edited by StreetzHopin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StreetzHopin

Nets excersize option 2004-2005 option on head coach Lawence Frank, so little Frank will be back next year...

TMAC says he wants out of Orlando....

The Magic have requested 4 players in return for TMAC from the Indiana Pacers they are Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender & Jamaal Tinsley...

Edited by StreetzHopin

Nets excersize option 2004-2005 option on head coach Lawence Frank, so little Frank will be back next year...

TMAC says he wants out of Orlando....

The Magic have requested 4 players in return for TMAC from the Indiana Pacers they are Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender & Jamaal Tinsley...

Ze Edit button is thy friend :) Also, cited sources are excellent.

And depending on the validity of that McGrady news, Indiana would need to be pimpslapped if they bit on that offer.

Nuggets World

Bzdelik appears to be returning as head coach since he is in Chicago interviewing assistant head coaches. Very good news.

Camby's on the fence about returning.

Chris Anderson will more than likely not return. He's never gotten along with Bzdelik and I'm sure some team will be more than willing to pay for his high energy.

Ryan Bowen was also released, another high energy guy who should find a home as a roleplayer.

Looked over the list of guys signed up for the open tryouts and recognized nobody. At least last year we saw Jimmy King and Master P show up.

Guest StreetzHopin

good news about Bzdelik, but ill be sad to see Bird Man leave....

But maybe the Nuggets will strike gold & get Kobe this off-season, or possibly draft an Andre Igoudala to help them out at the SG position....

Who the fuck wants Grant Hill? No one, thats who. He's damaged goods, worse then Griffey was. If I'm the Lakers no way I'm taking Hill. The number one is a good start, but beside T-Mac they have no one that is worth Shaq.

The Lakers, depending on if they could nab Kobe from free agent purgatory, would be wise to get Hill. If it works out, you get Okafor and a healthy Grant Hill, who can both step up and be good-to-great next year (Okafor good, Hill great.) If Hill stays injured, you still get Okafor and a likely third person. While it may not seem much at first sight, the Lakers would be getting a potentially dominant starting center and a nice wad of cap room due to shipping off Shaq's contract (and yes, I would think Hill would likely take a pay cut for the chance to play.)

As for the Magic, Shaq would get a big homecoming, and not to mention it'd be Lakers v2.0, with McGrady in place of Bryant.

if the Magic got Shaq back for G-Hill & Okafor, that would definatly keep TMAC around, and make the Magic a serious contender....

Again, who wants Hill? He's nothing. I wouldn't take him, I doubt that Kupchak would. I'd rather start over with Rush and Walton as out best players then take Grant Hill.

EDIT: Midget, Okafor won't play Center in the NBA, he's too small, he'll move to PF like K-Mart.

Edited by sycodmn

The Hill/Okafor for Shaq trade would never happen for cap reasons and it's too ludicrous to happen anyway. But the thought of T-Mac and Shaq on the Magic is nice.

Yeah, too bad it would be Shaq, T-Mac, and 10 stiffs.

Any team that wants Shaq is either going to have to send a superstar, or pull a Herschel Walker style trade.

Why would Hill take a paycut to play in LA when he's been making $15-16 million a year for sitting on his ass in Orlando? Okafor, a damaged Hill and a 3rd party would still not be enough to give up Shaq in the Western Conference. Okafor would have trouble guarding KG, Timmay or even a guy like Webber if he's healthy, AND he has no offensive skills whatsoever. The Lakers would have been wiser just paying Shaq his money instead of possibly ending up with neither of the big two. If Orlando pull off that deal, it would be highway robbery, and as I said earlier, grounds for a collusion investigation.

And McGrady can go fuck himself. Send him to one of NBA's purgatory destinations (either the Clips, Hawks or back to Toronto). He's a perennial whiner who won't be happy unless he plays for a winner. . . but then again he can't be the biggest star on the team, and that's what's most important to him.

Again, who wants Hill? He's nothing. I wouldn't take him, I doubt that Kupchak would. I'd rather start over with Rush and Walton as out best players then take Grant Hill.

EDIT: Midget, Okafor won't play Center in the NBA, he's too small, he'll move to PF like K-Mart.

This is exactly what people were saying about Griffey up until like 3 weeks ago. Hill's had plenty of time off and when healthy he's a very good player. They didn't bring him back this year for a reason, with the playoffs out of the question why not let him recover to 100% or as close to it as possible? Give me a break about Rush and Walton. There's no way the crowd in LA or the Laker fans are sitting and waiting while Rush and Walton develop. Okafor at PF isn't that bad either? Put Hill at SF and you're off to a pretty good start. Convince Kobe to return.

The Hill/Okafor for Shaq trade would never happen for cap reasons and it's too ludicrous to happen anyway. But the thought of T-Mac and Shaq on the Magic is nice.

Um....cap reasons is exactly why it would happen.

Yeah, too bad it would be Shaq, T-Mac, and 10 stiffs.

Add in a returning Garrity and that's a very good team.

Okafor would have trouble guarding KG

Yeah, and he'd be the only guy in the league with that trouble. :rolleyes:

Edited by sahyder1