"Projekt Revolution"

Guest Wrestlekid

Guest Wrestlekid

Yeah, it seems as if the US tour just started this year, and I'll be going to the Charlotte show on the 14th of August. Just wondering if anybody's been to one of the previous "Projekt Revolution" shows, or if you've seen LP at all. Seems like a pretty good lineup this year.

Linkin Park

Korn

Snoop Dogg

The Used

Less than Jake

Mike V and the Rats

Ghostface

Funeral for a Friend

M.O.P.

Downset

No Warning

Instruction

Autopilot Off

I italicized the acts I'm looking forward to the most, plus Snoop, to some extent :shifty:

The only thing thats kinda weird is the fact that snoop is the only rapper. i wouldnt mind it if they took out two or three of the lesser known bands and added some more rappers.

I was at the first show here in Cincinnati, it was a good time. Ghostface didn't make it though which pissed me off. The second stage acts weren't all that impressive to me, Downset wasn't bad though. Didn't get to see M.O.P either, would have liked to.

Don't like Less than Jake at all. The Used don't really do anything for me (the people I work with want to hang me for that), but they are really nice guys if you get a chance to meet them.

Snoop was great, and KoRn stole the show. I had to leave before Linkin Park came on (I don't consider that a loss), but I heard they were lucky KoRn got the crowd pumped beforehand or else they would have flopped.

More on KoRn - AMAZING live... the energy was off the charts and they played incredibly well. They closed with the new cover of Another Brick In The Wall... and I gotta say they do a pretty good job with it.

All in all a decent show, KoRn and Snoop were the only performers I actually liked going in, but I went for free so it was well worth the price of admission.

EDIT:

Hellfire - Ghostface is a rapper. Ghostface Killah - Wu-Tang. M.O.P. are rappers too. Plus LP were the "pioneers" :rolleyes: of the rap rock movement. And KoRn gets a lot of credit for rap rock as well (which I really don't understand. They did some stuff with rappers, but I would never consider them a rap rock band).

Edited by Zero

Guest Wrestlekid

Whats wrong with liking Snoop?

Nothing wrong with it, but it's the first mainstream rap act I'll see.

and Zero, good to hear that Korn plays well live, I wouldn't have expected that.

Ghostface is a rapper. Ghostface Killah - Wu-Tang. M.O.P. are rappers too. Plus LP were the "pioneers"  of the rap rock movement. And KoRn gets a lot of credit for rap rock as well (which I really don't understand. They did some stuff with rappers, but I would never consider them a rap rock band).

whoops, i didnt think that Ghostface and Ghostface Killah were the same person, my mistake for that one. I dunno who M.O.P are, and i know about the LP rap rock thing. Korn really doesnt have the rap rock thing, i mean some of the songs might but overall, i dont think so.

Yeah, the Ghostface thing confused me at first too.

I think the whole point of the tour is about genre bending. Like a music "revolution." Most of the bands are considered rock, but are a unique kind of rock. I mean, I hate LP, but they do have a distinct sound. KoRn has a very distinct sound. Less than Jake is still kinda doin the Ska thing. Plus the rap artists. So while it is a rock tour, I think the whole point is to blend several different sounds to as I said, cross genres.

KoRn is the only band I'd be interested in seeing.

Its strange that KoRn gets the 'rap rock' label. They've only done two songs with 'rappers' Children of the KoRn with Ice Cube, and Play Me with Nas. It probably has more to do with the fact that they pretty much helped get Limp Bizkit going as well.

KoRn is the only band I'd be interested in seeing.

Its strange that KoRn gets the 'rap rock' label. They've only done two songs with 'rappers' Children of the KoRn with Ice Cube, and Play Me with Nas. It probably has more to do with the fact that they pretty much helped get Limp Bizkit going as well.

That's how I've always felt. I think another part of it was MTV and the mainstream didn't really get ahold of KoRn until Follow the Leader, which had the song with Ice Cube and the song with Durst on it. Plus that came out in late 98, right before the big rap rock invasion of 99-00. So I assume that's part of how they got lumped in there too.

I think Linkin Park should finally cut Korn's strings, tour wise. They really aren't much of a draw anymore, and their music has certainly lost its touch. I don't get while they bring a guy like Snoop on tour and not Jurassic 5, especially after they worked with Chali on their remix album. Come to think of it, I'd prefer The Roots and Jurassic 5 (both appeared on that Reanimated) to Snoop anyday of the week.

My favourite part about this tour is No Warning - a local Ontario hardcore punk band - playing with Linkin Park.

They're getting a lot of shit around here for "selling out", which is just crap. I, for one, am really happy for them - they get to play their shit to an audience who, no doubt, has never heard of them before, and they get to go on tour and MAKE MONEY doing what they've been doing for years and years - playing hardcore punk music.

I was in disbelief when I found out they were going on the tour, too. But good for them.

I'd go to see Snoop, and No Warning. But I'm sure the prices are absolutely atrocious, so I'm not going to. ;)

I think Linkin Park should finally cut Korn's strings, tour wise. They really aren't much of a draw anymore

Are you kidding me? When I went, there were more people there to see KoRn than Linkin Park. KoRn is a huge fucking draw, they could have just as easily headlined this tour over LP.

KoRn stole the show two years ago at Jones Beach at the K-Rock Dysfunctional family picnic as well, even though Papa Roach (?) & System of a Down got top billing. A LOT of people left after KoRn performed, and it was still early in the evening which supports Zero's statement that they can headline just about any tour they wanted to.

Their albums may not be as great as they once were, but they're amazing to watch live, and put most other groups to shame.

***THE FOLLOWING IS COMPLETELY RANDOM***

IIRC, Linkin Park offered Nine Inch Nails a slot on the Second Stage.

... :lol:

Hahahaha, NIN can sell out arenas on their own. Still, the second stage isn't always bad, Slipknot's headlining Ozzfest's second stage, and Ghostface Killah is headlining this tour's second stage. Now a funnier thing about this tour, LP offered Limp Bizkit to open the first stage, now THAT made me laugh. But not in the same way the NIN statement did.

Their albums may not be as great as they once were, but they're amazing to watch live, and put most other groups to shame.

I work at a local rock station here in Cincinnati, people kept coming up to our tent to ask us what time the bands were going on and most people were surprised and/or pissed to hear LP had top billing. Like I said, the only reason LP has top billing is because it's their tour. If this were just a tour, I'm sure KoRn would headline, or at least KoRn and LP would alternate top billing each night.

***THE FOLLOWING IS COMPLETELY RANDOM***

IIRC, Linkin Park offered Nine Inch Nails a slot on the Second Stage.

... :lol:

Hahahaha, NIN can sell out arenas on their own. Still, the second stage isn't always bad, Slipknot's headlining Ozzfest's second stage, and Ghostface Killah is headlining this tour's second stage. Now a funnier thing about this tour, LP offered Limp Bizkit to open the first stage, now THAT made me laugh. But not in the same way the NIN statement did.

Yah, but that's Ozzfest. I don't think it'd be right to have fucking legendary acts like Sabbath, Slayer & Priest on the Main Stage, then Slipknot. :shifty:

On PR, it wouldn't be right to have NIN on the Second Stage, because without NIN, chances are Linkin Park wouldn't be here today, or atleast not in this form. Maybe they'd be harder and less popular if NIN never existed.

Meh. NIN > 98%

Oh don't get me wrong Tristy, if I were Trent, I would have told Chester and company to go fuck themselves. As I said, NIN can sell out an arena alone, give them their own festival tour and they could pack any Amphitheater. All I was saying, the second stage ain't horrible, but it would be a huge step down for the godly NIN.

Oh don't get me wrong Tristy, if I were Trent, I would have told Chester and company to go fuck themselves.  As I said, NIN can sell out an arena alone, give them their own festival tour and they could pack any Amphitheater.  All I was saying, the second stage ain't horrible, but it would be a huge step down for the godly NIN.

:wub:

We should pro-create.

I know the second stage ain't bad, but IMO, on this years PR, it is. :P