The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

May as well stick this in here as it's comic related.

I read a comic featuring Batman, Superman and tons of other Marvel/DC characters in some kind of giant battle against each other. Now all I remember from it is towards the end, I believe Bruce Wayne was a lot older than normal, and I remember it being in some kind of 'Batman Hospital' with big white robots with the red batman logo on the chest of em.

Does anyone have the slightest clue what comic it is?

I know it sounds wierd, I ain't sure if its a Marvel Vs DC comic, but I really wanna get hold of a copy again as it was pretty awesome from what I remember.

• 3 months later...

I have rejoined the nerdliness!

Today I pulled a JHS and bought the four main Civil War comics so far, as well as the first of Moon Knight (I'm getting the rest of this edition that have been released tomorrow probably), as well as the entire classic Frank Miller version of Batman in book rather than comic form.

Thanks to Civil War I'm reminded how many comics I'll need to be getting and how it's going to ruin me financially <_<

I must say Worldstorm has been a real disappointment to me. I wish I hadn't bought that guide to Worldstorm issue and I was disappointed in both Wildcats and The Authority. Gen 13 was a nice find though so I guess it's not all bad.

I picked up Civil War: Choosing Sides. That should be interesting considering Howard the Duck is on the cover.

I also got caught up in the Richard Donner hype and got Action Comics. Got The Boys number 4 and it continues to rock. Heroes for Hire which I'm considering dropping, Anita Blake which looks good, Ultimate Spiderman is trying to hook me but I'm not so sure yet. And I also got something called 7 Soldiers or something like that. I honestly don't know what it is but even after a couple let downs I am still a whore for Morrison.

Anyone else get anything good lately?

So I just wasted 4 bucks picking up Issue 30 of a 30 issue series? :(

Well yes and no. They say that the bookends, SS#0 and SS#1 can be read completely standalone and work on their own. And knowing Morrison, they probably would. However having read them all to date, I'm not the best person to answer that.

And sadly, it'll be weeks before I get my copy of SS#1.

• 1 month later...

Guess that's thirty-one pieces of silver you've got now, huh? Sleep well, Judas

Oh my God, this thing is something else, Civil War #5 is easilly the most powerful they've done in the events of Civil War, everything's topsy turvy :wacko:

My bible memory isn't all that great, apart from being an awesome sounding line, I didn't particularly get it. I'm assuming Judas was paid 31 pieces of silver yes?

Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver by some priests for his betrayal of Jesus. Also, on a note, I almost forgot that was IRON FIST that they arrested, not Murdock.

Gotcha. And yeah, Choosing Sides helped me out with the Iron Fist bit. There's no other mention or hint that it isn't Murdoch throughout that issue is there?

Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver by some priests for his betrayal of Jesus. Also, on a note, I almost forgot that was IRON FIST that they arrested, not Murdock.

Gotcha. And yeah, Choosing Sides helped me out with the Iron Fist bit. There's no other mention or hint that it isn't Murdoch throughout that issue is there?

Well, I'm assuming it isn't Matt, seeing as Iron Fist is meant to be him to show off that he "isn't" Daredevil. Plus, Iron Fists new solo series is beginning soon, so I'd say this would be an interesting way to get him back out of the Daredevil costume. Plus, isn't Matt meant to be in Japan if I recall rightly?

EDIT: I meant Monte Carlo, not Japan, too much reading the New Avengers Compilation #3 I picked up >_>

Edited by Benjiflies and Hurricanes~

Well, I'm assuming it isn't Matt, seeing as Iron Fist is meant to be him to show off that he "isn't" Daredevil. Plus, Iron Fists new solo series is beginning soon, so I'd say this would be an interesting way to get him back out of the Daredevil costume. Plus, isn't Matt meant to be in Japan if I recall rightly?

EDIT: I meant Monte Carlo, not Japan, too much reading the New Avengers Compilation #3 I picked up >_>

I think so yeah. They did a thing in Choosing Sides showing Iron Fist and Daredevil essentially explaining that Iron Fist was gonna wear the Daredevil costume. If I could be bothered I'd go get the thing and find what it says.

Why so? Tell us more.

A mate just lent me the X-Men Supernova's story arc. Its shit, but it's very readable shit. I'm also catching up on Astonishing X-Men.

Its been a lull in my usual comic buying schedule these last couple of weeks, although this week sees the release of Doctor Strange: The Oath part 3. I've enjoyed it so far.

Why so? Tell us more.

A mate just lent me the X-Men Supernova's story arc. Its shit, but it's very readable shit. I'm also catching up on Astonishing X-Men.

Its been a lull in my usual comic buying schedule these last couple of weeks, although this week sees the release of Doctor Strange: The Oath part 3. I've enjoyed it so far.

Spider-Man: Reign is Spider-Man in the future, it's a 'What If?' scenario in the vein of the legendary "Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller. It looks so amazing and the rumours are hyping me even more.

EDIT: If you don't get "Punisher: War Journal", you're missing out on one fucking awesome number one.

Edited by The Benji Without Fear

Why so? Tell us more.

Spider-Man: Reign is Spider-Man in the future, it's a 'What If?' scenario in the vein of the legendary "Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller. It looks so amazing and the rumours are hyping me even more.

EDIT: If you don't get "Punisher: War Journal", you're missing out on one fucking awesome number one.

I thought it was pretty decent. Although reading the MAX Punisher and then reading that felt weird. Punisher's "diary/thoughts/comments" bits seemed out of character in War Journal, but twas still very good.