WCW 2000: The Rise Of The New Blood

TGC

I've only read this second page, but it's a very entertaining read. The big two-stable feud works very well and encapsulates the whole show the way it should.

I like the DDP push (DDP mark!), but somehow I don't think he'll be walking out of Slamboree with the title. Neither do I think Billy Kidman is ready for it. It's Hogan or Jarrett, and Jarrett needs to be rid of that title quickly. Hopefully that means Hogan will have a short reign that serves to put someone else over, but who knows?

And doesn't Waltman use Syxx-Pac just now? I thought in WCW he was just Syxx, in WWF he was 123 Kid or X-Pac, and now that WWE has both trademarks, he fused the name.

Yeah, you guys still continue to kill me with how fast you're writing these shows. But, like I said, I'll always be reading, and trying to reply, so here we go.

Does it seem strange the the unknown guy gasps out the stuff about Stacey without Steiner even asking? Meh, I'm sure if I was being choked by Steiner, I'd be trying to read his mind too.

Wow, it seemed like Los Fabulousos were slowly getting a small push before the restart, and now they're getting destroyed by Terry Funk. I mean, sure, it's been happening for awhile now, but it's usually Funk against 3 others or something, and they're fighting each other, but in this case, single handedly destroyed. Funk really is God...a broken down God, but still.

I've mentioned it to you on MSN already, but I'll say it here as well. I love me some Scott Steiner. On the mic of course, because I've always found him quite bland in the ring, even before he was jacked up. On the mic, however, when they started giving him mic time during the nWo era, he always seemed to be able to put on an entertaining, and sometimes incoherent promo, which always cracked me up. This was one of those cases where you showed it very well in your writing. Also, can anyone smell the Steiner Screwjob coming up?

Douglas on commentary is great, and allows for some nice back and forth between him and Tenay, not to mention some shoot comments against the other guys. His commentary made the first tag match worth reading, specially when he mentioned how rules didn't stop them from cheating. As Jesse "The Body" always said, win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat, and in this case, it works for Kronik and they move on.

Savage and Piper shooting on everyone in their own way, and I'm loving it. This is a great way to put your insider information to use and really bring out the whole aspect of what the New Blood vs Millonaire's club war was all about. That was something that the real WCW never seemed to use despite the fact that it would have done them very well. It seems like they were too scared of poking fun at themselves. Them going on to defeat the new Team Franchise was a damn moment which surprised the hell out of me.

Tension continues to show within the New Blood between Kidman/Torrie and Jarrett/Kimberly, which once again brings some nice little shots between the two couples, but for some reason I can only see this being a ploy, giving Page and Hogan a false sense of security. Then again a Kidman/Jarrett feud could be good....later, down the road...after Kidman gets rid of Hogan...you hear me Mr. TGC..LATER!! :crying:

Creative Control and The Mamalukes were basically a throw away match, but Disco being run out of the arena was great. Bigelow and Funk are talking about The Cat. You heard it here first. You're Welcome!

Nice little Page and Hogan interview, with their tension being a lot less than Kidman and Jarrett. Hogan seems more worried about not being called "Hulk" than he does about winning the title. Was Slamboree the time that Arquette won the title in real life? I'm too damn lazy to go back and check.

Now we get to my first real mark out moment of this show, and a title run for Curt Hennig. Such an underrated talent, and he deserved better than he really got. His win may not have come clean, but he got it, and that's all that matters. Also set up Booker T as a face, unless of course he finally does swerve everyone. Steiner's definitely going to be pissed, and damn it, I still want to know who that mystery man is. Hopefully Hennig gets a hell of a long run.

Second mark out moment, and so soon after the last one almost gives me a heart attack. The Outsiders showing up once more is great, and they get right down to the shoots as well. Bischoff comes out and we get some more shoot style comments. God I love these kinds of things. Sticking true to WCW with the reverse booking as both Outsiders pin The Career Enders.

The main event was crash style booking at it's finest with it not even really being a match. Vampiro and his group continue to play the mind games, and I loved the thought of Sting wondering what the hell was going on before BAM! he becomes a human pinata. Nice way to end the show and a very good Thunder. Quite long, and quite a lot of progress on storylines, but damn it, I still hate you for being able to write this entire show today. :crying:

Ok, it is time to put in the six pence. Two cents just sucks these days.

I've read since it started again, but felt like this last show had the right 'feel' for me to finally reply. That being. Funk over Los Fabulosous ? You sir, shall die a slow and painful death ... twice. Aside from that, the booking in this here deal has been unGodly good. Seriously, spot on in the match ups, the matches themselves, and the winners. The actual feel of WCW that this had is kinda gross .... and that's definately a good thing.

You also had Flair and Sid losing to Kronik. Correct choice, especially when you followed it up with Piper and Savage winning. Flair needs to fight this war on the 'political' front, and Sid needs to be free to be a 'big gun' in all of this. Savage and Piper always seem to be lost in everything, and this team gives them something somewhat solid. At least, as solid of ground as those two can have.

The shoot in the Bisch-Outsiders segment was gold, especially with the added Douglas comment. WCW worked amazingly well when they were firing the gun directly at the WWF. Considering now that WCW itself needs shots taken at it, this angling in for leverage with words can only lead to pure gold for whomever you decide to do it with. Airing dirty laundry and ADMITTING it can only be good for your WCW. Anythying that's entertaining and happens to be truthful can only lead in the right direction.

As is Hennig with the US Title. I can't agree with Enforcer more, so I don't need to say anything else about this except ... 'mark.'

All in all, wow and damn. Amazing job initially and I'm sure it will continue. Booking is never a problem with you, and neither are promos. The deciding factor in this, is the decisions you make with individuals. At the moment they are working, and working great.

WCW News And Views

Monday, May 1, 2000

By Wildro

So much to deal with this week, so I'm going to forgo the normal style and hit many issues a little bit, as opposed to a few issues a whole lot.

-So who has thus far benefited the most from The New Blood vs. The Millionaire's Club storyline? If you said Jeff Jarrett, Billy Kidman, or pretty much any member of The New Blood, think again. They have all lost matches thus far, aside from a very few like Abbott Perfect and Shawn Stasiak and they are due to lose this Sunday I am sure, as have most of The Millionaires thus far. All except for one, and he also just won the WCW United States Title. Curt Hennig is by far oddly enough benefitting the most from this storyline thus far, and it makes absolutely no sense. Someone like Mike Awesome, who came in with such massive fanfare and heat only to be jobbed out twice so far, the most recent to The Outsiders in under four minutes, would have made a far better candidate to actually succeed and get a good push out of this. Now I personally don't think Curt's walking out of Slamboree as the United States Champion, so he'll only wind up with a week and a half reign, but that's beside the point. He's looking really good thus far and, despite my own liking and marking for him, he's not the guy that should be reaping the most rewards from a storyline like this. None of The Millionaires are. It should be a member of The New Blood, otherwise the point of this storyline is that these kids will never make it. Sadly, most of them won't.

-Am I the only one who thinks that the dissention between Billy and Jarrett is a work? Isn't it far too early for them to be falling to pieces already? Of course this could also be because of political pressure from people such as Hogan forcing Russo and Bischoff into this so as to have a solid reason why he's walking out of Slamboree as the champion again. It's hard to say really.

-So Buff is indeed gone from WCW for the forseeable future. When the fight between he and Luger occurred, and reports are pretty clear now that it was more like a brawl, massive amounts of drugs were found in his system and in his bag and rental car. It was an issue of too much happening at the same time, and Bagwell was let go. Insiders say if he can get himself cleaned up he'll be welcomed back, but not for at least another sixty days. Meanwhile Luger's "injuries" are simply a storyline reason to send him home for thirty days as a result of his part of the brawl.

-Sid suffered a stinger after the botched Powerbomb on Thunder. Word is he's going to work tonight, and he's going to take a pretty big bump, but this could be just the excuse that Sid's looking for. Softball season starts up again soon, and he's made it known that he wants two months off from mid May to late July. Sid should just be fired.

-Disco's running off and his fainting spell, and then verbal burial by Bam Bam, was the end of his WCW career. He and WCW parted ways, and it is expected that he will sign with the WWF soon. No word as to why.

-And finally, Bret Hart has officially announced his retirement in his Calgary Sun column. He does mention that there is plans for an angle that he would work with WCW on, but that it won't reach its culmination until WCW's next scheduled tour of Canada, as he's unable to travel at this time.

We'll end today's column with a look at the Nitro Preview from wcw.com. Oh, and note the change in the WCW World Title Match. It went from an announced Caged Heat Match on Thunder to a regular Cage Match. Typical WCW. Until next week...

WCW Monday Nitro Preview

After costing Scott Steiner the WCW United States Title, handing it to Curt Hennig and The Millionaire's Club, and blatantly disobeying Vince Russo, Booker will face Terry "FUNB" Hogan in a WCW first, a Boiler Room Brawl Match. Both men will be locked inside, with the only way of winning the match to escape the tunnel like boiler room. Look for some of the most insane violence ever seen in WCW, as these two will literally beat each other half to death to escape the confines of the Boiler Room Brawl.

Speaking of Steiner, he had a run in with the rest of The New Blood on Thunder over his "freak" Miss Stacey, all of which culminated in him losing the US Title and getting a World Title Match tonight inside a steel cage against The Chosen One Jeff Jarrett. Can Steiner trade up his lost WCW United States Title for the ultimate prize, the WCW World Heavyweight Title?

Plus, the semi finals in the WCW Tag Team Titles Tournament take place tonight, as Kronik take on Macho Man Randy Savage and Roddy Piper, and Creative Control go against The Outsiders.

All this and SO MUCH MORE, only on TNT.

credit wcw.com and theinside411onwrestling.com

NBNitro.jpg

WCW Nitro

May 01, 2000

Birmingham, Alabama

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Kimberly

Boiler Room Brawl Match: Booker vs. Terry "FUNB" Hogan

The camera scurries through the boiler room as the sounds of a fight are getting louder and louder.

Tenay: Welcome to Monday Nitro, folks, and we are starting off this week with one of the most anticipated match-ups in recent memory. Terry "FUNB" Hogan and Booker are locked inside this boiler room, somewhere, and it sounds like they might have...

Kimberly: Oh they have Mike, there they are.

The scene shows a long shot of Booker and Hogan trading lefts and rights in a corner. The shot tightens and it can be seen that they are giving it all they have here.

Tenay: I'm Mike Tenay, folks, alongside Kimberly for tonight's Nitro, live from Birmingham, Alabama. And contrary to a rumor started by The Franchise today on wcw.com, Tony Schiavone has not been fired. He is simply on assignment in...

Kimberly: Oh would you please shut up about an announcer. Nobody cares. What they do care about is a Millionaire and a Millionaire lover going at it right now in the first ever WCW Boiler Room Brawl.

The fighting inside has been taken up a notch, as Hogan is slamming Booker's head into a stack of crates. Booker falls to the floor as Hogan removes his trusty weight belt. At this point the camera cuts rather abruptly to a hallway, where Russo is standing with several security guards. Steiner is standing in front of them, with his pipe. Miss Stacey is holding his headdress.

Russo: Scotty, I ain't letting you in there. Not yet. I know Book screwed you over, but not yet.

Steiner: I ain't hearing a word coming out of your damned mouth, Russo. Now step aside or I will step on you, and you won't like it.

Russo: Scotty, trust me on this....

Steiner: Trust you? Isn't Jarrett sposed to trust you later on tonight in my Caged Heat WCW World Title Match? Oh wait, it's not Caged Heat no more is it you self serving sonuva...

Russo: Boys, we need to do this for Scott's own good.

At this point the security step up. One touches Steiner, and he gets taken down fast with the steel pipe to the head. Steiner swings at another, but he ducks and Steiner puts a small hole in the wall. He drops the pipe, slamming two of the guards heads together. As he is dealing with the remaining four, Russo scurries off down another hall. Finally Steiner opens the door and slams it shut behind him, his steel pipe once again in hand. Miss Stacey just stands and waits.

Tenay: Scott Steiner is in the boiler room now too, folks.

Kimberly: They just saw that you know.

The scene is back inside, where Hogan is now leaning against a wall, holding his head. Booker is hobbling off down a path between some crates, some pallets, and oddly enough a few old boilers that are upturned. He turns, and PerfectShawn Stasiak attacks him. Booker now exchanges blows with Stasiak, as Tenay wonders aloud how many New Blood members Russo and Bischoff placed inside the boiler room to attack the participants of this match. Hogan now comes over to where the two are fighting, and he grabs both men by the neck and slams them face first into each other. He then grabs Stasiak, and whips him into another stack of crates. They fall over onto him, making a noise that reveals that they are empty and not all that dangerous when they fall, as Hogan grabs Booker by the neck again. Hogan delivers a boot to the stomach, then hooks Booker into The Pedigree.

Hogan: Eat this you bas...

But Hogan is cut off as he is leveled from behind with a steel pipe. Steiner then kicks Hogan down some more, before turning his attention to Booker.

Steiner: You wanna come and screw up my match, Book? You wanna cost me my US Title, Book? I'm gonna beat the black off your ass now Book, just like I used to do to Harlem Heat all the time.

Booker gets to his feet, and he is dropped with a right punch to the side of the head. Steiner uses the pipe to choke Booker, then tosses it aside and picks him up, where he Short Arm Clotheslines him to the floor. Steiner locks in The Steiner Recliner, while Booker screams out in pain. At this point Russo's voice can be heard.

Russo: There he is, take him out boys, do what ya gotta do, but get Steiner outta here now.

Steiner releases the hold and grabs his pipe again, which he puts to the knee of Ron and then Don of Creative Control. He uses it to trip The Wall sending him head first into another stack of pallets, and then gut shots Mike Awesome, dropping him.

Steiner: Stay the hell outta my way or else I'll kill all of you.

Hogan is now behind Steiner and he grabs the pipe. The two struggle with it until Hogan gets it. Steiner takes a step back, and Hogan is nailed in the back of the head with a steel chair. Hogan drops and the camera repositions itself to show Kidman drop the chair on top of Hogan.

Kidman: Take out Booker if you want, but Hogan is mine.

Kidman rolls Hogan onto his back, places the chair on his chest, then climbs onto a stack of pallets and delivers a Shooting Star Press onto the chair and Hogan. Billy rolls off in pain, as Hogan twitches a bit and rolls onto his side.

Kimberly: That was awesome.

Tenay: That was sick, absolutely sick. What happened to letting these two just beat each other up?

Kimberly: I blame Steiner.

Speaking of him, he reapplies The Steiner Recliner to a mostly out of it Booker, then releases the hold as Kidman gets to his feet.

Kidman: Booker's winning this match, help me drag him out the door.

Steiner glares, and when Billy grabs Booker's feet Steiner levels him from behind with a forearm shot, then Powerbombs him onto a small stack of pallets. He lays some boots to Creative Control and The Career Enders, then he grabs Hogan's feet and drags him out of the door, where he slams it shut behind him again and the referee raises Hogan's hand.

Russo: What the hell Scotty? What the hell?

Steiner grabs Russo by the throat and pushes him against the wall.

Steiner: I told you last week I do what I want when I want how I want to who I want. Stay outta my way, or I'll take you out like I did your precious New Blood Jobbers. You got me?

Russo grabs his throat as Steiner lets go, gasping for air.

Russo: Big mistake Scotty. Just like Booker, you just made a big mistake.

Steiner turns and lays Russo out with one punch to the jaw. He then grabs Stacey by the arm and the two walk off.

Winner: Terry "FUNB" Hogan by escape

Workrate: 51

Crowd: 86

OR: 75

Tenay: Terry "FUNB" Hogan just won the match. He won the first ever WCW Boiler Room Brawl just like DDP won the first ever WCW Parking Lot Invitational.

Kimberly: Oh Scott Steiner is in so much trouble. So much trouble. If The New Blood doesn't get him before the night is over, my Chosen One will get him inside the steel cage later on tonight.

Tenay: I think we need medics to check on a few people here, including Vince Russo.

Kimberly: I think we need to go to a commercial. Now!

commercials

Tank Abbott vs. The Cat

Abbott comes walking from the back towards the ring, where The Cat is already inside. Abbott stops, looks at the announce table, then walks over and grabs a mic.

Abbott: A few weeks ago I said I was going to beat someone up every week until that big wussy Goldberg came back and faced me man on man. Now, I beat Mark Madden so bad he quit WCW and ran his fat ass home, and I beat some of the Internet fairies up too. I've beaten up Disco Inferno so bad he ran off, and tonight I'm going to beat up The Cat. I'm going to beat the hell out of Terry Funk and everyone else in The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match at Slamboree this Sunday, and I'm not going to stop until I've beaten and bloodied and destroyed everyone. I'm not going to stop until that big wuss Goldberg faces a real man, me, one on one. And this is all on your damned head gold nerd.

Abbott tosses the mic at Tenay, who flinches, then he rolls into the ring, as The Cat pounces. The ref calls for the bell as Miller is driving his knee into Abbott's back. He mounts Abbott and slams his head into the mat repeatedly, but Abbott is able to roll around and get free, applying an Arm Bar in the process.

Tenay: Abbott is crazy, but that was a spectacular amateur move there.

Abbot releases the hold, gets to his feet, and stands waiting. Cat gets up, turns, and Abbott nails a Spear. The fans boo, as Abbott then delivers a Jackhammer on the out of it Cat and makes the cover. The academic 1-2-3 comes immediately, and Abbott is victorious. The crowd now cheers a bit as Terry Funk and Bam Bam Bigelow slide into the ring behind Abbott. He turns and sees them, grinning as he does so, and he swings at Funk, who ducks. Bigelow connects with a huge Clothesline, then he and Funk grab The Cat and leave the ring as Finlay rushes into the ring. The duo and The Cat escape through the crowd as Finlay checks on Abbott. Soon enough a camera finds them in the back, as they exit out a door into the rain. They start to head to a car, when Mean Gene catches up with them; holding an umbrella.

Mean Gene: Is this rain or a hurricane? Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, and The Cat, just what is going on here? What are you three up to?

Funk turns to Gene, as Bigelow gets The Cat into the backseat.

Funk: Gene Okerland, I have a few words to say to this group that calls themselves The New Blood. I may be older than dirt, I may be broken down in more ways than I can explain, and I may not be what Eric Bitchoff and Vince Russo want for their WCW, but I'm the Hardcore Champion, and I plan to fight until I'm dead to keep this belt. Now if those two idiots don't want Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, and The Cat, that's their loss, but we're not going anywhere. You can beat us up, you can beat us down, but you can't make us leave. We may be unwanted, but we're The Unwanted now.

Mean Gene: The Unwanted?

Funk: This Sunday at Slamboree, I guarantee that The New Blood won't be very happy.

Mean Gene: Speaking of Slamboree, I was informed just a moment ago that Eric Bischoff, that's his real name you know, has just added Bam Bam Bigelow and The Cat to The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match. You have to fight your own partners, Funk.

Bam Bam and Terry look at each other and smile.

Funk: I wouldn't have it any other way, Those idiots just tripled our chances of winning now though, didn't they? We'll talk again after we win the match this Sunday Gene Okerland.

And with that, Bigelow and Funk get into the car and drive off, accidentally splashing some water on Mean Gene on the way off.

Winner: Tank Abbott by pinfall

Workrate: 59

Crowd: 50

OR: 54

commercials

The First Lady of WCW?

After the break Billy Kidman's Hogan theme rip off plays, and Torrie walks from the back with her lollipop in her mouth, a mic in her hand, and Hogan's "FUNB" vest on her body. Once in the ring the music stops and she smiles to the half booing crowd.

Kimberly: Oh what does the ten cent tramp want?

Tenay: I can't imagine this is going to be anything good.

Inside the ring Torrie then looks solemn.

Torrie: Sadly, I am out here to inform all of you, Sid, and Jeff Jarrett that my man Billy Kidman won't be able to wrestle Sid one on one tonight as was planned thanks to Scott Steiner and the vicious attack in the Boiler Room Brawl. Can we see this again?

NitroVision comes to life and shows the Powerbomb from before, replays it again, then shows it in slow motion.

Torrie: My poor baby. Just like Booker, Billy had to get medical attention in the back, and he is unable to wrestle. Thankfully, unlike Booker he didn't have to go to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder. That serves you right Booker, don't mess with The New Blood.

Boos for that statement come from the crowd, as Kimberly is shown tossing her headset to the table, grabbing a mic, taking off her heels, and walking towards the ring.

Torrie: But don't worry, my baby will be ready and able to go this Sunday for The Ready To Rumble Triple Cage Match at Slamboree, where he will win the WCW World Heavyweight Title, cripple Hogan, nail a Shooting Star Press onto DD pee yew, and teach The Chosen Jackass a thing or too as...

Torrie is stopped as Kimberly, now in the ring behind her pushes her down. Torrie comically oversells the push, rolling to the floor.

Kimberly: Okay Torrie, you little ten cent tramp, we've heard enough of your rambling for one night. Allow me to translate to you all what she said from slutty talk to WCW's First Lady speak. Billy Kidman is afraid to go one on one with Sid here tonight, even though my man and YOUR WCW World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett already did, already won, and ended his chance at ever getting another WCW World Title shot as long as The New Blood holds the belt. Billy is scared like the little boy that he is, but he has no choice but to get into the Triple Cage this Sunday, where he's going to cry like a bitch and wet himself before he gets Stroked from the top cage to the mat by The Chosen One.

Kimberly smiles and smirks, as Torrie, on the floor, takes off her own heels, tosses her lollipop to the floor, and gets back inside.

Torrie: Okay skank, I'm facing you now, so let's see you push me now.

Kimberly: Or how about this?

With that Kim slaps Torrie, who is shocked. Torrie attacks, and the fans cheer as the two ladies roll around on the mat in a cat fight.

Bischoff: Stop it stop it stop it dammit.

Bischoff and Jarrett come from the back heading down the ramp towards the ring as the fans boo. Once inside Jarrett gabs Kimberly and holds her back as Bischoff keeps Torrie in the corner. Jarrett is yelling at Torrie and moves as if he's going to attack her, which results in Kidman racing down the aisle and sliding into the ring. He and the champion go nose to nose, until Bischoff gets between them too.

Bischoff: Enough. This crap has now bled over to your ladies too? No. Vince and me won't allow this anymore. Billy, you look fine to me, but just to be on the safe side you will now team with The Franchise Shane Douglas and The Wall to take on Sid and Ric Flair tonight. And you, Chosen One, you have Scott Steiner inside a steel cage tonight for your WCW World Heavyweight Title. And you two, Torrie, you go to the back and stay there the rest of the night, while Kimberly you go back to the announce table. Now!

The ladies leave the ring amid boos, while Bischoff glares at Kidman and Jarrett.

Bischoff: This is what The Millionaires want dammit. If you're fighting amongst yourselves, you're not fighting them and taking their power. This is exactly how they held you all down for so long. Billy, while you were the most exciting new Cruiserweight to hit in years, yet they got you to fight with the other cruisers and forget about the fact that you have more ability than any of them combined. And Jeff, whether it was Flair pitting you against Mongo, Mongo for god's sake, here, Stone Cold attacking you from behind like the coward that he is up north, or Vince McMahon forcing you to wear a stupid Halloween costume, you've been kept away from World Titles because they all knew you were a champion in the making. But once Vince Russo and me got back in power, once we saw the light, look at you two now. Billy, you've beaten Hogan for god's sake, and Jeff now you are the champion you were always meant to be. So this crap ends now. At Thunder, you two are going to team up to take on Hogan and DDP in a Tag Team Match as a prelude to Slamboree, and you two will win dammit. Now shake hands, or else.

Bischoff throws the mic down and glares, as Jarrett and Kidman do the same to each other. Finally they shake, but it is a very tense scene. Bischoff then points to the back, and the two walk off, neither trusting the other.

Tenay: It's dissension in The New Blood folks, and that can't bode well for them this Sunday at Slamboree.

OR: 72

commercials

WCW Tag Team Titles Tournament Round Two Match: Kronik vs. The Macho Man Randy Savage and Roddy Piper

Savage and Piper are led from the bus, through the back, and onto the stage, where they are met with a chorus of cheers, before they are laid out from behind by Kronik. The foursome brawl on the ramp and to the ringside area. After several minutes of this Piper and Adams get into the ring and the referee calls for the bell. However this doesn't mean we have a Tag Team Match, as the brawling between Clarke and Savage continues. Savage gets the better of it, and he lays Clarke on a table he set up outside the ring. He climbs to the top turnbuckle, but Adams grabs him and tosses him into the ring. Piper applies the Sleeper, but Clarke gets inside and hits Piper with an Elbow to the back of the head. The referee tries everything to break it up and get some semblance of a match going, even trying to get between Savage and Adams, who both reach out and pie face the ref to the mat as they continue to fight. The ref looks exasperated. He throws up his hands and rolls to the floor where he talks with the ring announcer, who immediately announces that the referee has thrown the match out and declared this a draw, advancing neither team in the tournament. The fighting stops briefly, but then it resumes again with renewed ferocity following the announcement. Bischoff comes from the back and heads to the ringside area, where he argues with the ref who will not reverse his decision.

Tenay: The rules were supposed to be relaxed for this tournament, but unlike other wrestling organizations, our referee's decisions are final, and he's not budging even a little on this one.

Bischoff then punches the referee, as inside the ring Piper kicks Adams in the groin as Savage hits what looks to be a variation on a Stunner on Clarke. Piper points to Savage, then to Bischoff, then to the table, but nothing happens as The New Team Franchise hit the ring and attack the duo from behind with chairs. Savage and Piper are beaten down to the mat, and when Kronik are back up they deliver one High Times to Piper in the ring, and a second one to Savage outside the ring and through the table. The Franchise looks pleased, as he grabs a mic.

Franchise: Haha, now that is what I call getting your asses Franchised. Nice work boys, those two no good bast(BLEEP)erved it after costing The New Team Franchise and now Kronik the WCW World Tag Team Titles, belts that I never lost to begin with. But what's done is done, and what's done is their wrestling careers after two High Times like that. And you know what else is done? Your time as a walking, talking, non crippled man, Flair. You arrogant sonuvabitch, you have the audacity to keep showing up week after week? You have the balls to come out here later tonight and team with Sid? Flair, I've crippled your son, your son's two girlfriends, and your best friend, and this Sunday at Slamboree I'm going to cripple your ass too. But don't your forget, Ric, don't your forget your big ass surprise too. I am going to bring someone with me to the Pay Per View, Ric, and they are going to help me prove once and for all that The Nature Boy is the one that wasn't good enough, not The Franchise. I bled, I tortured myself, and I wrestled in sh(BLEEP)ole after shi(BLEEP)le for ECW because you kept me out of WCW for so many years, but now my time is here, haha, and yours is over. This Sunday, Flair, this Sunday you will bear witness to the birth of a new force in Professional Wrestling and Sports Entertainment, you will bear witness to a new symbol of greatness, and you will bear witness to Shane mother f(BLEEP) Douglas ending your career once and for all. HAHA!

Douglas, with hatred in his eyes and look of pure madness on his face spits on Piper, then leads the others to the back.

Winners: No Contest by referee's decision

Workrate: 60

Crowd: 71

OR: 67

commercials

The New WCW United States Champion...

It's back outside, with a wet and unhappy looking Mean Gene.

Mean Gene: This is a travesty that I'm locked outside the building being told to run here and there and everywhere like a common dog. I tell you, my lawyers and me are going to have a long talk about this kind of treatment. And someone else who should talk to his lawyers is the newly crowned WCW United States Champion, Curt Hennig.

Hennig walks up, holding an umbrella of his own, and dressed to wrestle.

Mean Gene: You're the first member of The Millionaire's Club, Curt, to win gold from The New Blood, so what are you doing still locked in the bus and out here in the rain? We could have done this interview inside.

Hennig: No we couldn't Gene, because they aren't letting either of us in there. We're the big, bad, enemy after all, aren't we?

Mean Gene: Signing a nice, healthy, fat contract that Eric Bischoff offered me doesn't make me a bad man, Curt. Nor does it you. Otherwise, we haven't done anything to anybody since we got here.

Hennig: Oh I know. We haven't held the WCW World Title, we haven't crushed the dreams of Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, or Chris Benoit and sent them running up north, and we didn't force Disco to quit and also run up north and sign with the WWF, now did we?

Mean Gene: Well Disco ran off like a scalded cat after a Halloween prank gone awry, but wait a minute here, Curt. It sounds an awful lot like you're condoning the actions of The New Blood against the likes of Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and....

Hennig: It's Terry "FUNB" Hogan now, Mean Gene, like he had to point out last week. And I'm not condoning anyone doing anything, but I can see the points they are failing to make. Meanwhile, me, you, and Chris Kanyon are being punished for being friends with the Millionaires and not falling in line with The New Blood. Isn't that right?

Mean Gene: I don't see how any of this pertains to us being locked outside in the rain doing this interview, Curt.

Hennig laughs, then he holds his title in his hand by his head.

Hennig: I am the WCW US Champion, but as long as The New Blood remains in power we don't have enough to change things, Gene. However that's all about to change. Later tonight The Outsiders wrestle Creative Control in what is now the finals of the tourney, at Slamboree Hogan and DDP get a shot at the world title, and also at Slamboree I'm going to keep this beauty right where she is against Steiner, Booker, and Stasiak.

Mean Gene: Booker? Oh no, Curt, that match is a Triple Threat, not a Four Way Dance.

Hennig: I may be locked outside of the building, but I'm still the champion and I can still decide how I want to defend this belt. And Booker, well since he wanted to say to hell with The New Blood enough to help me win this, he deserves a shot at it too, so now it is a Four Way Dance at Slamboree. Unless Bischoff wants to see how it feels when a champion shows up on TV with the competition and tosses a title in the trash, that is.

Mean Gene: You wouldn't dare, Curt Hennig. That belt has over 20 years of tradition.

Hennig: I wouldn't want to, Gene, I wouldn't want to.

Mean Gene: Well, finally, before I wrap this up and get some dry clothes on me and some hot cocoa in me, who is this man running around with PerfectShawn Stasiak laying you out with steel pipes? Some think it might be Scott Steiner who as of late has been using the same tactic.

Hennig: If Steiner wants your attention, he grabs it and then lays you out with a steel pipe. This jabroni attacks when you're not looking, Gene. But to this day I haven't seen his face, so I have no idea, but I'm glad you brought it up. Let's have a warm-up for Slamboree, Stasiak. You bring your friend to the center of the ring on Thunder, I'll bring my US Title, and we'll see who's laying on the ground bleeding when we all go face to face.

Mean Gene: Are you challenging this mystery man to a United States Title Match for Thunder?

Hennig: Perfection doesn't run, perfection doesn't hide, and perfection doesn't cheat. And I'm...

Mean Gene: Hey now you can't say that you'll get us all sued to here and back.

Hennig: I was going to say, I'm not perfect anymore, but Stasiak never was. See you boys Wednesday, I hope.

Hennig walks off in the rain, as Mean Gene looks after.

Mean Gene: Mike, Kimberly, you heard him. Back to you, and I'm done for the night. To hell with this...

OR: 76

commercials

Handicap Match: Billy Kidman, The Franchise Shane Douglas, and The Wall vs. The Nature Boy Ric Flair and Sid

Sid and Flair are walking the aisle after the commercials. Once they are in the ring the three separate entrances for The New Blood members take place. Douglas is last, and as soon as he is on the ramp Flair and Sid leave the ring and head up the aisle, where they are met by Kidman and The Wall. Sid and The Wall go toe to toe, but Flair kicks Kidman in the crotch, then goes at Douglas. The two of them brawl back up the ramp and into the back, where they disappear. Meanwhile Sid and The Wall wind up in the ring, with Kidman on the apron, so the referee calls for the bell.

Tenay: Well it's still a Handicap Match, as it's Kidman and The Wall against Sid, who's been left all alone here.

Kimberly: Imagine that, Flair bails on someone. Will the shocks never cease?

Tenay: That's not what Flair is all about, Kimberly, and you know it. He doesn't run out on his partners.

Kimberly: He's spent his whole life bailing on poor little David Flair, why wouldn't he run out on Sid too?

Tenay: What?

In the ring, Sid is trying to fight off the duo, but the odds are clearly against him. NitroVision comes to life with the sound of glass shattering, which gets a pop from the crowd for all the wrong reasons, and when the video comes to life Douglas and Candido are standing in front of a broken window smiling and laughing. The camera gets a look inside the window, and Flair is on the floor, covered in glass and bleeding.

Douglas: See ya Sunday, Ric. Hope you're ready.

Candido and Douglas then walk off, while in the ring Sid, who was distracted by this, is attacked from behind by The Wall. As Billy keeps the referee busy The Wall then delivers a Powerbomb on Sid. He tags in Billy now, who hits his second Shooting Star Press of the night, hooks the leg, and gets the 1-2-3 to pick up the win for his team. But they aren't through, as Billy rolls Sid to the floor, where The Wall drags him up the ramp and to the stage.

Tenay: Oh no, oh no not this. Sid suffered a Stinger in his neck this past Wednesday at Thunder, don't do this.

Kimberly: Sting did what to Sid?

Despite Tenay's pleadings, Sid is set up by The Wall who Powerbombs him off the stage through the clear foam padded "second stage" below. The fans start a minor 'holy shit" chant that TNT fails to properly mute, as Kidman laughs and points at Sid while screaming into the camera that on Sunday that's going to be Hogan.

Tenay: Sid is hurt, we need medics, Sid is hurt.

Kimberly: And Kidman couldn't do it alone could he?

Winners: Billy Kidman, The Franchise Shane Douglas, and The Wall by pinfall (Kidman pins Sid)

Workrate: 70

Crowd: 84

OR: 77

commercials

After the break medics are shown trying to help Sid, who isn't moving. Bischoff walks out onto the stage with a mic.

Bischoff: Sid, hey Sid, I hope that softball throwing arm isn't hurt too badly, because now that your wrestling career is over, you're going to need that to fall back on more than ever. Oh, and by the way, you just joined The Wall in The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match this Sunday at Slamboree. You get a shot at the WCW Hardcore Title, Sid, and if you no show this like you've no showed other shows here lately, so help me god I will fire you on the spot.

Bischoff laughs as he walks off.

Tenay: What? Sid isn't moving and he just got booked in a match?

Kimberly: A match where if he doesn't show up, he's fired, Mike. Poor, poor, poor, Sid.

Tenay: This is outrageous. While we let the medics deal with Sid, I have some other news to tell you all about. Now folks, I told you last week that David Arquette, the star of Ready To Rumble, was going to be on Nitro, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Now he will be at Thunder, but he couldn't make it here tonight, and this is why.

Footage is shown of David Arquette and Courtney Cox talking outside on the set of 3000 Miles To Graceland. They are arguing about whether David should go back to WCW, when Kurt Russell walks up. He tells Courtney it's time to re-shoot the love scene. She tells Kurt what her and David are arguing about, and he laughs out loud. Arquette gets mad, gets in Kurt Russell's face, and gets shoved to the ground.

Kurt Russell: Are you insane, David? Stay down.

He walks off, and Courtney helps David up, before she too chastises David.

Courtney Cox: God David, that's Kurt "Plisken" Russell you idiot. And way to embarrass me too.

She pushes him in the chest then walks off shaking her head. Arquette fumes, stomps his foot, then runs off chasing after her calling her name.

Kimberly: Okay that man is pathetic. I knew it on the set to Ready To Rumble, but he really showed it there. What a complete loser.

Tenay: I don't know that I'd mess with Kurt Russell, Kimberly.

Kimberly: The Chosen One would have laid him out with a guitar shot, nailed The Stroke, and then locked in The Figure Four.

Tenay: Yeah, sure he would. Folks, as they load Sid into an ambulance, we're going to take this break, then have the WCW Tag Team Tournament Finals Match between The Outsiders and Creative Control.

commercials

WCW Tag Team Tournament Finals Match: Creative Control vs. The Outsiders

Creative Control heads to the ring, as Tenay says that so far tonight Vince Russo, Booker, Flair, Savage, and Sid have all been sent to the hospital. Ron and Don wait in the ring, but nothing happens, as Kimberly laughs saying that it's almost a shock to see that Scott Hall has no showed a WCW event. It's at this point that The Outsiders come over the rail through the fans. Hall slides into the ring, as Nash climbs onto the apron slowly, still limping. Hall pushes Ron head first into the turnbuckle, then lays into Don with lefts and rights. Hall whips Don into the ropes, ducks, and Don runs face first into a big boot from Nash as the bell sounds. Nash then points to Hall, who hits The Outsider Edge on Don. Nash delivers a knee to the sternum of Ron in the corner as Hall gets the 1-2-3 and The Outsiders win the vacant WCW Tag Team Titles in under a minute. The referee hands the belts to The Outsiders, who over act a lot, but as Awesome and Kronik head from the back down the ramp they hit the floor and head off through the crowd, where the camera quickly loses sight of them.

Winners: The Outsiders by pinfall (Hall pins Don)

Workrate: 65

Crowd: 79

OR: 74

Tenay: We have new Tag Team Champions, and it's Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, The Outsiders. They just jobbed out Creative Control. The Millionaires have the Tag Team Titles.

Kimberly: For now, maybe, but not for long, I promise you this. Now shut up, my man has something to say.

The Chosen Champion

The scene cuts to the back, where Jeff Jarrett is standing next to a beautiful, blonde, woman.

Woman: I am Pamela...

Jarrett: Shut the hell up, Slut Nuts. Hold the mic, smile, look pretty and dumb, and let your Chosen Champion do all the talking. Say another word, and you'll piss me off. Just ask Chyna and Debra and The Kat what happens when a tramp like yourself pisses me off, okay honey?

Kimberly: And if she's not careful she'll piss me off, too.

Jarrett: Now, I don't wanna ignore the big match at Slamboree or the Tag Team Match at Thunder, but I have to talk now about tonight's Main Event Cage Match against Big Poppa Slap Ass Scott Steiner. Scotty you stupid, roided up, freak of nature. You had it sweet. We all kinda feared ya, we all respected ya, and we all let you do your own thing. You're crazy, no doubt about it, son, but I'm crazier. Like a fox, that is. You want to demand a WCW World Title shot, you wanna attack The New Blood, and you wanna send my boy Vince Russo to the hospital? Well Scotty, now you've really pissed me off.

The fans in the arena can be heard booing.

Jarrett: I don't care who you are or what you think you can do. I don't care if you held every Tag Team ever in the history or wrestling. Hell, I don't care if I once saw you bench press a three hundred pound woman before you got your freak on with her. I am not going to let you take my World Title, and that's just the way it is, son. This isn't a Caged Heat Match, and even though I won't need it, if they want to The New Blood can come down here, climb the cage, and beat the holy hell outta you. Lock yourself in a cage with me? Scotty, you're as dumb as your arms are big. After tonight, you won't be heading into any United States Title Matches at Slamboree, you'll be following Booker, Flair, Sid, Savage, and yes, Russo to the emergency room, you over grown under educated Slap Nut. Now choke on that Pamela Slut Nut.

Jarrett walks off as the new backstage correspondent looks shocked.

OR: 88

commercials

Escape From The Millionaire's Club

After the break, the camera catches The Millionaire's Club and Outsiders members Hall and Nash unlocking the bus, letting Hogan, Kanyon, Hennig, and Piper free.

Nash: Run wild, my friends, run free. Free like the wind.

Hogan smiles and slaps Hall and Nash on the chest.

Hogan: Just like old times, brothers?

Hall: We invade like we did four years ago?

Nash: Hey, where's DDP?

Hogan: He's around. Come on, dudes, let's kick some New Blood ass.

With that the former nWo members head into the building as did the others.

OR: 78

WCW World Title Cage Match: Jeff Jarrett© (w/Eric Bischoff) vs. Scott Steiner (w/Miss Stacey Keibler)

Steiner's siren goes off, and he heads to the ring in his garb with Miss Stacey in tow. Once inside the ring, he removes the headdress, as the cage begins to lower.

CH-CH-CH-Chosen One rings through the arena, and Eric Bischoff leads the WCW World Champion from the back for his first title defense in weeks. He holds his guitar high, as pyro goes off behind him on the stage. He removes his glasses, his jacket, and hands the title to Bischoff, then he walks down the ramp and gets into the ring with the guitar in hand. He walks over to Steiner as the cage lowers the rest of the way down, and the two glare eye to eye, before the referee calls for the bell.

Tenay: Kim, fans at home, this Cage Match can only be won by pinfall or submission. Cage escape rules don't mean anything to us here in WCW. The cage is just another weapon.

Kimberly: One my man will use to his benefit here tonight, I promise you.

Jarrett turns his back on Steiner, then quickly spins around swinging the guitar in the process. Steiner catches Jarrett's arm, stopping the swing, and wrenches the guitar from his hand, forcing him to his knees in the process. Steiner then tosses the guitar off to the side.

Tenay: And when it's one on one as opposed to all the interference on Thunder, this is when Steiner is at his most dangerous, Kimberly. The champion could be in trouble in that cage.

Kimberly: I doubt it.

Inside the cage, Jarrett is indeed in trouble as Steiner's massive strength and general size allows him to overpower the champ. Steiner whips Jarrett into the ropes, catches him, and presses him above his head, then catches him and slams him to the mat. He quickly makes the cover as Bischoff is screaming on the outside, and somehow Jarrett kicks out at two and a half. This trend continues for several more minutes, until Steiner grabs his pipe which was also laid inside the ring, and whacks Jarrett in the back with it. Jarrett crumples to the mat, as Steiner drops the pipe and walks slowly towards his prey. He locks in The Steiner Recliner, as Bischoff is going nuts on the floor.

Tenay: That is it, we have a new champion. We have a new champion for sure.

Kimberly: He cheated, he used the pipe disqualify him ref.

Tenay: As you well know, Kimberly, under Russo and Bischoff's new rules, there are no DQ's inside the confines of a cage here in WCW. It's perfectly legal.

With Jarrett locked inside the move, the reinforcements rush to the ring in the guise of Billy Kidman, The New Team Franchise, and Kronik. However Team Franchise are stopped by Kanyon and Hennig, who attack, and Kronik come face to face with The Outsiders and Piper. Only Kidman escapes through, and he leaps onto the cage. Steiner sees him and releases the hold, and as Billy flies through the air Steiner levels him with the guitar, awakening the dead crowd. Jarrett rolls over, and when Steiner comes back to reapply his submission finisher, Jarrett nails him in the knee with the pipe.

Kimberly: That's my man. Now it's all good.

Tenay: Of course it is.

Jarrett can't get to his feet, but he doesn't need to, as he rolls the pipe to Kidman who, while groggy, lays it into Steiner's knees again and again. As The Millionaires and The New Blood fight to the back amidst security, the fans explode as Hogan and DDP come through the crowd from opposite ends of the arena. Billy climbs to the top rope and flies off with yet another SSP, as DDP and Hogan are almost to the guardrails. DDP hops the rails as Jarrett gets to his feet and sets Steiner up. DDP is scaling the cage as Hogan is now making his way over the railing too. Jarrett nails The Stroke, covers, and scores the 1-2-3 as DDP drops into the ring. Hogan slams Bischoff's head off the side of the cage and retrieves a key, as Kidman and Jarrett swarm on DDP. Hogan opens the door as the fans cheer.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett by pinfall

Workrate: 66

Crowd: 65

OR: 65

A Cage Match Slamboree Preview

Hogan points at Billy as he rushes in. Kidman rushes towards him, but Hogan catches him and slams him head first into the cage. Meanwhile DDP is set onto the top turnbuckle by Jarrett. Hogan whips Billy across the ring and delivers The Big Boot at the same time that DDP counters what Jarrett was attempting into a top rope Diamond Cutter. However as it must be, soon Creative Control, The Wall, Mike Awesome, Tank Abbott, and Finlay all hit the ring as the cage rises. Hogan and DDP try to fight them off, but the numbers are too much, and soon enough they fall. Miss Stacey is standing by the still downed Steiner as Creative Control hits the H-Bomb onto DDP. Jarrett, now on his feet again, Strokes DDP after this, while Awesome and The Wall hold Hogan while Kidman kicks the hell out of him. Steiner gets to his feet, his pipe in hand, as Jarrett sees him. Jarrett rolls to the floor as Steiner rushes forward and delivers a Clothesline over the top rope to Abbott. He then lays the pipe into Finlay's stomach and tosses him over the top as well. He again takes the pipe and takes out the knees of both Ron and Don, as Kidman scurries out of the ring and up the ramp with Jarrett and Bischoff. Hogan starts to fight with Adams, as Clarke falls to a pipe shot from Steiner. Hogan whips Adams towards Steiner, who catches him and Belly to Belly Suplexes him over the ropes to the floor as the fans are screaming with approval. Steiner and Hogan eye each other warily, as on the ramp Jarrett and Kidman start arguing. Bischoff tries to break it up, and gets shoved aside by Kidman. Jarrett seizes this opportunity to Stroke Kidman onto the ramp. As Jarrett walks to the back, Steiner and now Hogan and DDP are still glaring at each other. The scene fades to black with Tenay screaming to not miss Thunder.

OR: 83

Nitro OR: 74

TV Rating: 5.09

Attendance: 4007

Raw Rating: 7.10

First thing I'm going to mention is Jarrett "Stroking" DDP. Sorry, that was just the last line that jumped out at me as I finished reading this.

I continue to love the things you're doing with this diary, especially the whole feel of this war. You're actually giving these guys a fighting chance, which is something they never really had in WCW.

Hennig's promo was particularly good, but is it just me or are way too many people having half opinions. So far Hennig and Kanyon have both said that they can see why the New Blood are doing what they're doing, but yet they've sided with The Millionaire's club in all this. Seems suspicious in a way.

Kimberly is annoying the living piss out of me, which I think is what you're going for. Her on commentary definitely deflated this show a bit just because I could hear her annoying voice penetrating my brain. Was not a good thing. Hopefully Torrie smacks the hell out of her one of these times.

Steiner's a loose cannon, which is a very good role for him to play. Not siding with anyone but taking his shots and doing whatever he wants to do. I like your Steiner.

There is something else I wanted to mention, but now I forget. If I remember, I'll add it in here.

NBThunder.jpg

WCW Thunder

May 03, 2000

Memphis, TN

Announcers: Mike Tenay and The Franchise Shane Douglas

Problem Solved?

Thunder starts with a limo pulling up to the back of the arena. It is soon followed by a second limo, as Mike Tenay and Shane Douglas are talking about the events of Monday Nitro and how, among other things, The New Blood has barred Scott Steiner and his freak Miss Stacey from the building tonight. The driver of the first limo opens the door, and out first comes Kimberly, holding the WCW World Heavyweight Title. Right behind her is Jeff Jarrett, The Chosen One, and he has a guitar in hand. The driver of the second limo opens up the door, and Billy Kidman gets out dressed in a very expensive looking suit. He then grabs Torrie by the hand and helps her from the limo. The four walk up, glare, and then Kidman extends his hand to the champion.

Kidman: I'm willing to let bygones be bygones for tonight, champ. We work together to take care of DDP and Hogan on Thunder so that they don't make it to Slamboree and The Ready To Rumble Triple Cage Match, where the best man wins.

Jarrett smiles, laughs, and shakes Billy's hand, all the while Torrie and Kimberly are glaring and mocking the dress of the other.

Jarrett: You two knock it off before one of you pisses me off. If Billy and myself can bury the hatchet, for one night, then so can you. Tonight, The New Blood takes care of Mr. Kimberly Page and Slap Nut Mania once and for all.

Jarrett laughs, puts his arm around Kim, and walks off, while behind them Torrie and Billy share a knowing smile before following them inside.

The Thunder opening occurs for the first time in weeks, followed by a shot of Tenay and The Franchise at the announce table.

Tenay: Welcome fans to the number one wrestling program on Wednesday Nights, welcome to WCW Thunder. And oh what a show we have for you tonight. Not only do we have what could be the biggest Main Event in Thunder history as just four days before they are all locked inside The Ready To Rumble Triple Cage Match for the WCW World Title Terry "FUNB" Hogan and DDP take on The Chosen One Jeff Jarrett and Billy Kidman in Tag Team action, but we also have Curt Hennig defending his WCW US Title against both PerfectShawn Stasiak and his hired help.

Douglas: You've been taking hype lessons from Schiavone haven't you, Tenay? Tonight is also the last night you're going to see The Nat...what? WHAT?

The Franchise tosses his headset aside as he gets to his feet and storms off.

Tenay: Folks, we have some commotion in the back already...

The Millionaire's Club Styling And Profiling

The scene cuts to the back, where Nash and Hall are spray painting "New Millionaire Order" on the side of Kidman and Jarrett's limos, both of them smirking as they do so. Hogan walks up, smiles, and pats Hall on the back.

Hogan: Just like old times, dudes, just like old times. Now where's the others?

As if on cue the camera pans around, where we see that a white limo is parked, and a second white limo is pulling up. The door bursts open and Hennig, Kanyon, DDP, and Flair all come from out of it.

Flair: WOOO! Where's Mean by god WOOO! Gene at? Hogan? Where's the women? Nash? Where's the wine? Curt? Where's the entourage that The Millionaire's Club is so used to? Tonight we're going to style and profile for Sid, for Lex, and for all the women world wide who can't be with us tonight. WOOO!

DDP: Oh Good God, Nature Boy.

At this point Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo, The Franchise Shane Douglas, The Career Enders, and a whole slew of police and security, now wearing red "R&B Security Inc" t-shirts, come from the building.

Bischoff: What in the hell are you doing? Where in the hell is the bus, the security, and what did you do to Kidman and The Champ's limo? What is going on out here?

Again as if on cue, some honking can be heard, as from the other direction the now infamous Millionaire's Club Bus comes barreling down the road. The Millionaire's scatter as it slams right into Jarrett's limo, sending it slamming into Kidman's limo. Russo and Bischoff are going nuts, as the side door of the bus opens and Piper staggers out of it.

Piper: Note to self, never ever ever let Mach drive the bus when he's not had his meds, man. Never again.

Savage comes from out of the bus now, smiling from ear to ear.

Savage: Oh yeah, now that is what I call some bad parking. Yeah, I screwed the pooch on that one, didn't I?

Russo: That's destruction of private property you stupid...

Savage: Finish it, I dare ya to finish it, Vince. It don't matter if you're surrounded by the National Guard, I'll rip you in half. So finish it, yeah, finish it.

Piper tries to calm Savage down as the police stand between him and Russo, while Flair and the others re-enter the scene.

Flair: We have the WCW United States Title, we have the WCW Tag Team Titles, and we want our private dressing rooms, our music, our women, and our dignity back. We want in the godd(BLEEP)ilding now, you sonuvabitches. Let us in Bischoff. Let us in Russo.

Bischoff: Oh you have some power back so you think you can run the place again? I don't think so, Ric, I don't think it's going to work that way ever again.

Piper: How about I turn The Macho Man loose, give him the keys, we all hop into the bus and drive it right through the side of the building then, Eric. How about that, man?

Hogan: I love it dudes, let's go. Let's turn this place into a drive-thru tonight.

Russo: Hold on hold on.

Russo huddles with Eric and Douglas as The Millionaire's Club high fives each other and Flair and Hennig strut and "wooo".

Russo: How about this one. We'll let ya in, we'll even give you your music and one dressing room back for the night, make ya act like the rest of the boys have acted for the past ten years here in WCW. How about we do that, and then at Slamboree if you can grab all the gold, well, you can have it all back on Nitro.

DDP: Just like that? Just like that, Eric?

Bischoff smiles and nods.

Bischoff: Just like that, Dallas. All you have to do at Slamboree is hold onto the United States Title in a Four Way, Curt, hold onto the WCW Tag Team Titles against Kronik, Outsiders, win the WCW World Heavyweight Title in The Ready To Rumble Triple Cage, Hogan or Dallas, and of course the big one.

Russo, Eric, and Douglas laugh now.

Douglas: Sid, who I don't see here tonight, has to win the WCW Hardcore Title in The New Blood Hardcore Challenge against nine other guys. Haha.

Russo: So, do we have a deal?

The Millionaire's do a little talking amongst themselves now.

Flair: Russo, Bischoff, Douglas you piece of crap, we have a deal. All or nothing for us pal, all or nothing. Plus, I want him. Tonight. I want the man that took out The Package and tried to kill Sid last week. I want your ass, Wall, tonight, in that ring.

The Wall smiles as Awesome pats him on the back.

Bischoff: You got it Naitch, you got it.

Douglas laughs again as the police and security part like The Red Sea and The Millionaires enter the building.

OR: 72

commercials

After the break it's to the ring, where Three Count are inside, standing on their circles, all holding mics. As Shane Helms begins to speak, however, the music of Tank Abbott plays and out walks the man who has been attacking people for weeks as a way to get to Goldberg. He stalks to the ring, gets inside, and grabs the mic from Karagias as Moore starts to argue with him

Abbott: Shut up you little piss ant. I told you, Gold Nerd, I told you every week and every show you don't come out here and face me I was going to rip people in half, and tonight it's these little fairies.

Abbott rams the mic into Helms head, as Karagias leaps at him.

Handicap Match: Tank Abbott vs. Three Count

Abbott catches Evan and Belly To Belly Suplexes him onto the mat as a referee runs down to the ring and calls for the bell. Abbott grabs Moore by the hair, picks him up, and delivers a Jackhammer to the much smaller man as Helms slides from the ring and runs up the ramp. He stops at the top and watches as Abbott then sets and readies himself. Evan gets to his feet, and Abbott sprints across the ring and delivers a Spear that shakes the ring. He then grabs Karagias and delivers a second Jackhammer, this time hooking the leg and getting the very easy 1-2-3. Tank then tosses both Three Count members over the top ropes to the floor, as on the stage Helms shakes his head, looks angry, and heads into the back.

Winner: Tank Abbott by pinfall (Abbott pins Evan Karagias)

Workrate: 69

Crowd: 51

OR: 60

Who's Next?

Abbott grabs the mic he used before to bash into Moore's head.

Abbott: I ain't even close to done yet. I know you can hear me, Bill, and unless you acknowledge my challenge I'm gonna start grabbing innocents all around ringside. I don't care if it's Tenay, the ring girl, the guy who's walking around selling popcorn, the Internet geeks, it don't matter to me at all. I want your ass, Gold Nerd, and I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to get...

At this point the familiar drum beat begins, and the fans go nuts. Abbott smiles in the ring, as the camera cuts to the entranceway, awaiting the pyro and the man himself. However the music dies off, and the fans in the arena actually begin to boo. At this point NitroVision comes to life, and Bill Goldberg is on the screen.

Goldberg: Oh I can hear ya alright, Abbott. I can hear ya all the way at the children's hospital here in Atlanta. I just took a short break here to tell ya one thing. At Slamboree this Sunday, you're next!

Goldberg smiles right before NitroVision ends. In the ring Abbott tosses the mic down and walks out of the ring and into the back. The camera follows him as the fans can be heard chanting "Goldberg". Abbott turns a corner and he finds Russo.

Russo: I heard it too Tank but you're in The New Blood Hardcore...

Abbott: Replace me. I want Gold Nerd's ass this Sunday.

Russo: Replace you? With who?

Abbott looks around, then smiles and points off camera.

Abbott: You were trying to sign him anyways, so replace me with him.

Russo smiles and extends his hand to Abbott, who shakes it.

Russo: You got your match, Tank.

OR: 83

Tenay: Who is that, Franchise? Who just replaced Tank Abbott?

Douglas: Oh I think you'll find out this Sunday, Tenay. Haha, it looks like The New Blood is just full of surprises at Slamboree.

commercials

Ten Man Cruiserweight Number One Contenders Match Battle Royal: Blitzkrieg vs. Brad Armstrong vs. Idol vs. Kaz Hayashi vs. La Parka vs. Lane vs Lash LeRoux vs. Shane Helms vs. Shark Boy vs. The Artist

Candido is in the ring with Tammy and he is holding a mic, while the ten Cruiserweights are surrounding the ring.

Candido: This Sunday at Slamboree we're going to have a Cruiserweight Title Match. But first we need a Number One Contender. So once we leave the ring, you ten enter it, and then you try and toss each other out. Last man in the ring, I'll beat you this Sunday on Pay Per View.

Candido and Tammy exit the ring, and the bell sounds. The ten men scramble into the ring, as Candido and Tammy join Tenay and The Franchise on commentary. Almost instantly within all ten men being in the ring, Brad Armstrong is nailed with a Spinning Heel Kick from Hayashi that sends him back over the top rope and to the floor as the first elimination. Lash LeRoux and The Artist are exchanging lefts and rights in the far corner, while across from them Shark Boy and La Parka are trying to eliminate Idol. Lane rushes across the ring, prompting Tenay to wonder if he is going to save his partner. Instead he grabs Sharky and La Parka and tosses them and his own Tag Team partner over the top, eliminating three more in one fell swoop. At this point, while Idol is on the floor yelling at Lane, who simply smiles and shrugs, Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias limp down the aisle way. Shane Helms races across the ring and delivers a Flying Clothesline that sends Kaz Hayashi over the top and to the floor, making him the fifth elimination

Tenay: We are at the halfway point here, Chris, and one of these final five men will meet you at Slamboree this Sunday...

Tenay is interrupted.

Tammy: Make that four.

What Tammy is referring to is just moments earlier Shane was being yelled at on the floor by Evan as Shannon Moore stood on the apron. Shane pushed Shannon to the floor, then turned to get nailed with a Standing Drop kick by Lane that staggers Helms back. He might have been safe had Karagias not grabbed and pulled the ropes down, helping to eliminate his own partner as well. Helms is furious and he pushes Evan, but as the two are about to come to blows Blitzkrieg comes flying over the ropes, courtesy of Lane yet again, crashing into Three Count With only three men left, and The Artist and Lash occupied with one another, Lane smiles and plays to the crowd, receiving some boos in the process. He waves them off, then rushes over towards Lash and The Artist. However they stop fighting long enough to use his own momentum to send him over the ropes and onto the floor.

Tenay: And we are down to only two left. One of these two, Chris...

Candido: I already beat The Artist a dozen times across the country, and as for the Cajun, he's nowhere near my level. This Battle Royal is filled with ten Cruiserweight Jobbers.

Once again as the commentary team is discussing things the scene changes in the ring. Lash LeRoux ducks a kick by The Artist, spins around, and nails a Reverse Neck Breaker on him. He reaches down, scoops The Artist up, and calmly tosses him to the floor, as the crowd makes a small amount of noise registering the win by The Ragin' Cajun. Lash stands on the ropes and points to Candido, motioning for the belt around his waist, as The Artist slides back into the ring behind him. He climbs up behind Lash, sets him up, and delivers a Belly To Back Superplex to the mat. Lash is down and not moving, as The Artist spits on him, spits in Candido's direction, then rolls to the floor amid some mild boos.

Winner: Lash LeRoux

Workrate: 56

Crowd: 52

OR: 54

Candido: Lash is going to be no sweat at all this Sunday, I guarantee it. Ain't that right, Franchise?

Douglas: Haha, you know it Chris, you know it.

Back-Up

The scene shifts to the back quickly, and it's to a darkened room. Once again a candle gets lit, and it is used to illuminate the face of Sting. The fans cheer in the arena.

Sting: Vampiro, Demon, Fallen One, you three, you Blood Pact, you can beat on me, you can drop blood one me, you can try and get into my head, heck, you can do it all at once, but what you can't do is beat me in a wrestling match. You can't pin me, and lord knows you can't make me quit. You can try and try and try, but you aren't going to defeat The Stinger. Now this Sunday at Slamboree one of you is going to step in and try, and you've got the element of surprise on your side, I'll give you that, but what you ain't got is Sting's drive and will to succeed. You ain't got Sting's heart. Oh, and you ain't got Sting's back. He does.

Another candle is lit, and it rises up to illuminate the face of Muta. He smiles.

Sting: I got me some Screamin' Norman as a warm up, I got me Muta as back up, and I hope you three come and try to soften me up. Muta?

The mysterious man from the Orient sprays green mist over the candles, snuffing out their flames. In the dark it is silent and still for a moment.

Sting: It's show time, folks!

OR: 81

commercials

Screamin' Norman Smiley vs. Sting (w/Muta)

Smiley is in the ring in a football helmet, pads, and wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey, garnering him some heel heat from the fans, as the lights go out, thunder rolls, and then Sting drops from the ceiling, sans his music. He unhooks as Muta then drops down right next to him. The duo head to the ring, where Sting hands his bat to Muta before he gets inside.

Tenay: What a great move by Sting to get back up for this Sunday, when he knows it will no doubt be three on one at some point.

Sting gets in the ring, removes his jacket, and extends his hand to Smiley, who warily accepts. The bell rings, and Norman screams out and rushes across the ring. Sting sidesteps him with ease, and Smiley crashes into the turnbuckle. Sting smiles and walks over, and at this point the lights go out. They flicker on and off, and when they come back on fully Smiley is being held by the throat by The Demon. Sting kicks and punches, as the referee calls for the bell. The Fallen comes from the top turnbuckle, his hooded body flying in the air, but Sting turns and delivers a roundhouse to the gut. Vampiro is on the floor, as Muta slides into the ring behind Sting, bat in hand. Sting sees him, smiles, and turns back to The Demon, only to get a bat shot to the back of the head. Sting drops as The Demon Chokeslams Norman to the mat, then kicks him from the ring. Muta rains down blow after blow after blow onto Sting, until Vampiro enters the ring with a mic and stops him with a wave of his hand. Vampiro then drops to his stomach, gets very close to Sting's contorted in pain face, and speaks.

Vampiro: There is no surprise this Sunday Sting. You will face a man from your own past. A man you thought was an ally. A man who serves the same dark master that I now serve. You will face The Great Muta this Sunday Sting, and you will know pain. Now join us as we worship, won't you?

The Demon grabs Sting by the hair, drags him to his knees, and turns him to face the stage, where a figure in a dark cloak is now hovering above the big NitroVision screen. Vampiro, Muta, and The Fallen bow to him, while The Demon holds Sting in place. Sting's face is confused, as the figure above the screen begins to laugh and it echoes throughout the arena. Finally a bolt of lightning flashes from his hands, setting the ring ropes on fire.

Master: This is but four, angelic one, this is but four. You shall have to face all six of them, before you shall finally face the seventh. Nay, before you shall finally face, Seven.

The lights go out, the ropes go out, and when the lights come back on Sting is covered in blood, although the ring is not drenched, and The Blood Pact is gone. Sting gets to his feet, looking mystified, before he falls through the ropes and staggers off through a side entrance into the back.

Winner: No Contest Due To Interference

Workrate: 73

Crowd: 68

OR: 70

Douglas: I got nothing to say, Tenay. Nothing.

Tenay: Folks, we're going to try and get things in some semblance of order, then we'll be back.

commercials

Following the regular commercials, there is a lengthy commercial for Ready To Rumble, followed by a lengthy commercial for The Ready To Rumble Triple Cage Match. This is followed by more regular commercials.

commercials

Tenay: Folks, I've been promising the star of Ready To Rumble, David Arquette, would be here for a week now, but sadly once again this week he's not here. However I have been assured by David's agents that this Sunday Night at Slamboree David Arquette will be in the building.

No United States Title Match Tonight

Curt Hennig's music plays, to a pretty good reaction from the crowd, and the US Champion comes from the back with a smile. He slides into the ring as something that sounds an awful lot like his old music plays, and PerfectShawn Stasiak comes from the back. He stands on the ramp and smiles, then points to the back, as in the ring behind Hennig a man slides under the ropes with a steel pipe in hand. This tall man gets to his feet, then uses the pipe to choke Hennig from behind, lifting him up off of his feet as he drains the breath from his body. Stasiak slowly walks to the ring, as Hennig goes limp. The man drops Hennig to the mat, then tosses his pipe to the floor. Stasiak gets into the ring and points to the sky, to which the big man smiles and climbs to the top turnbuckle. He stands tall, then flies off with a Senton Bomb onto the US Champion. The man rolls through and comes to his feet, stopping against the opposite corner, where he slams his hands on the turnbuckle pad. Stasiak claps, then drops down and gets into Hennig's face. The camera picks up him say that they will see Curt this Sunday. Stasiak gets to his feet, and he and his monster of a man leave the ring and head to the back amid some boos, as medics rush to the ring.

OR: 68

Tenay: Who in the world was that?

Douglas: That? Oh that's just PerfectShawn's secret weapon. You may not know him, but Hennig does. Oh yes he does.

commercials

The Chosen One Jeff Jarrett and Billy Kidman (w/Kimberly and Torrie) vs. DDP and Terry "FUNB" Hogan

Hogan's music plays, the Hendrix one, and he comes from the back to a roar of approval from the crowd. He stands on the stage, as the music changes to "Self High Five" and DDP comes out next. The Millionaire's Club duo high five, then head to the ring. Once they are inside the music changes, and Billy Kidman's Hogan rip off music plays and he comes from the back wearing his Kidmania shirt, alongside Torrie who has her customary lollipop. They walk halfway down the ramp, before CH-CH-CH-Chosen One rings through the arena and the WCW World Champion and DDP's wife and manager Kimberly come from the backstage area.

Douglas: Hogan and Page aren't going to make it to the PPV, Mike.

Tenay: I wouldn't bet on that, Franchise. Quite honestly Jarrett and Kidman are out of their leagues here against Hogan and DDP.

At ringside Jarrett says he will start off, to which Kidman is very agreeable, and Jarrett heads into he ring to face DDP as the bell sounds. It is within just a few moments that DDP has the match well in hand. Jarrett gets pinballed from DDP to Hogan, in the corner, and back again over and over and over as Kidman is his corner yelling out for a tag. Jarrett walks two steps and falls to the mat as the fans cheer. He crawls a few feet towards the corner, as Page grabs his foot and tags in Hogan. Hogan comes in, rips off his shirt, takes his bandanna off, and then tosses it to the crowd before he drops an elbow onto Jarrett's back. He jumps up and points at Kidman, then grabs Jarrett and tosses him into the corner. Jarrett reaches up for a tag, but Kidman pulls his hand back and hops off the apron. He and Torrie walk up the aisle as Kimberly is yelling. They stand at the stage area, as Hogan shakes his head, then goes back to work on Jarrett.

Douglas: What is he doing? What is Billy doing?

Tenay: Payback for Nitro and The Stroke, maybe?

In the ring Hogan and DDP take turns tagging in and out and punishing Jarrett, before they finally allow this Handicap Match to come to an end. DDP waits as Jarrett gets to his feet, then he nails him with a Diamond Cutter. Page hooks the leg as Kimberly yells, and he gets the 1-2-3 to get the clean pin over the WCW World Champion. On the ramp Kidman is all smiles. He now has a mic.

Kidman: Bygones be bygones my ass, Double Jackass. If you want me, if you want revenge, come and get it man to man in the parking garage.

Kidman tosses the mic down and heads to the back, as NitroVision comes to life and shows a Millionaires vs. New Blood battle going on in the back.

Winners: Terry "FUNB" Hogan and DDP by pinfall (DDP pins Jeff Jarrett)

Workrate: 64

Crowd: 78

OR: 73

At this point Flair and The Wall head out from a side entrance exchanging blows. They fight to the ring, as Kimberly is helping Jarrett to the back. Flair and The Wall get into the ring, where Hogan and DDP help Flair take it to The Wall. NitroVision then shows Jarrett walking through a door marked "garage entrance" with his guitar, and DDP sees it as well. He motions to Hogan, and the two leave the ring as the ref calls for the bell.

The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. The Wall

The Wall is still suffering from the three on one attack, as Flair chops the leg. The Wall drops, as Flair struts and WOOOs to the crowd, before he drops a knee on the injured leg and rolls through.

Douglas: I don't frigging think so.

Douglas tosses his head set aside for the second time tonight, as in the ring Flair has The Figure Four locked in. The Wall is screaming out in pain as Franchise slides into the ring. However Douglas is too slow as the big man taps out like a maniac. Flair releases the hold as Douglas drops a knee on Flair's head. Douglas mounts The Nature Boy raining down blows, as the brawl from the back now completely spills out onto the arena floor with the fans going nuts.

Winner: The Nature Boy Ric Flair by submission

Workrate: 66

Crowd: 81

Tenay: Folks we will be right back. Don't go anywhere and we will get this all sorted out.

As the carnage continues the camera catches Bischoff, Russo, R&B Security Inc members, and a man holding a Singapore Cane on the ramp.

Russo: And this is what you got to look forward to on Sunday in The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match, kid.

Justin Credible: Now this is where I belong.

Tenay: Wait, wait that's Justin Credible, that's...

commercials

Hummers Everywhere

A camera is following Hogan and DDP as they walk through the garage talking to each other and looking for Kidman and JJ. They see them a little ways down by a dumpster, and they take off running. Kidman and Jarrett are yelling and pushing each other, but as they see Hogan and DDP they stop and start fighting them instead. Hogan tosses Kidman into the side of the dumpster as Jarrett and DDP punch each other. Then from a little distance away headlights turn on, pointed at the foursome. Hogan and DDP stop, and this was all the time Jarrett needed to grab a guitar and smash it into DDP's head from behind. Kidman does the same, and the Millionaires fall. Kidman and JJ toss them inside the dumpster, then they wave the Hummer on. The camera can see Kimberly and Torrie inside, and it starts to rev its engine and starts squealing tires as it drives towards the dumpster. However another Hummer squeals in between the first Hummer and the dumpster, and the door opens. Scott Steiner jumps out with a steel pipe as the first Hummer veers to the left. Kidman and JJ run over and jump inside, yelling for Kimberly to "go go go" as Steiner swings the pipe and breaks the back window. Kimberly drives off, as Steiner tosses his pipe down, his screams being bleeped out by the censors as Thunder goes to black.

OR: 68

Thunder OR: 76

TV Rating: 4.64

Attendance: 4012

Heh, great opening segment ... Mach can't drive .... why was I able to picture this ?

Squash opens and it was great. As much as I can't stand Tank, 3 count dying is always a good thing

Goldylocks to own abbott ..... thank you.

I'd have loved to watch the cruiser battle royal deal ... Lash winning is great. Poor man's Jericho. Perhaps some bad cruiser blood can come out of this ?

I drool over Sting and Muta together ..... Great history against each other can only lead to great history with each other. Wonderful choice.

(not to thrilled about the match, but understand why it went down like that)

hmmm who attacked Curt ? .... hmmm I have a clue maybe.

The ending works because of how things have been booked to this point, but I'm not digging the clusterfuck too much ..... way too much shit going on for me personally and seems to take some of the emphasis on earlier developments like Muta with Sting and Hennig being attacked ..

overall good show though

WCW News And Views

Sunday, May 7, 2000

By Wildro

First things first before we run down the card for Slamboree and I pimp insidethe411ofwrestling.com's prediction contest.

-Sid is at the building for tonight's PPV. There was a lot of speculation about what the comments by Eric Bischoff on Monday meant, so allow me to try and clarify. Sid has no showed at least four House Shows he was booked on, as well as no showing a recent Thunder taping. He didn't have the permission to do either, and it resulted in some last minute card changes. He is expected to be on his way out of the company, despite people like Kevin Sullivan and Terry Taylor giving him full support. It is also expected that his stinger and then being thrown off the stage are storyline worked to have his exit make sense, much like Bagwell and Luger. Bischoff is said to be telling Russo over and over that anyone who is written out must have it done in such a way that furthers the storylines currently going on in WCW. No more dissappearances or the like, Bischoff is saying he wants this all to look like it was clearly planned out. Does this mean that it's not all clearly planned out, then?

-So there was a rather rushed Cruiserweight Battle Royal and a last minute match made for Slamboree on Thunder, wasn't there? Russo wants to rid WCW of the Cruiserweight Title all together, as he did the TV Title last fall, but Bischoff is blocking this for now. His reasoning being that this allows for stories that don't fall under the New Blood vs. Millionaires Club umbrella to take place. The last thing he wants is for this to become the second coming of the nWo and have it dominate the entire company. I'd say it's too late for that, but we'll see. Sadly the company doesn't have a Jericho, Eddy, or Malenko to run with the Cruiserweight Title anymore. Kidman is out of the division it would seem, and all reports seem to indicate that when Chavo, Rey, and Juvi return to TV they won't be involved with the division anymore either. Maybe this was the reasoning behind Helms and Three Count having issues and Lane and Idol also having words during the Battle Royal?

-At recent House Shows Jeff Jarrett has "lost" the WCW World Heavyweight Title to DDP, Hogan, and Kidman, each twice now. The Franchise comes running out from the back, acting as WCW Commissioner for the night, and restarts the matches because of some minor infraction that the new winner used. He then helps Jarrett cheat to win and retain his title. Why are they doing this? Well, they are also taping these matches and listening to the crowd response from them. Apparently Bischoff and Russo can't quite agree on how the match at Slamboree should end. This seems to indicate that someone new is winning the WCW World Title, it's just a matter of who. Personally, I doubt the veracity of this rumor though. Yeah, I'm sure they did these "title changes" at house shows, and yeah they are taping them, but somehow I doubt that this is because they can't agree on who should walk out of the PPV as the new champion. Seems rather convenient that this leaked the day before the PPV doesn't it?

-And finally, Buff Bagwell did indeed appear on the final ECW show on TNN. He did indeed blast WCW, Russo, and Bischoff on said show in his shoot, and he will indeed be wrestling a match at their next PPV. I would guess he's done with WCW now, isn't he? "(CENSORED) WCW, (CENSORED) Eric Bitchoff, and most of all a big hearty (CENSORED) you to Russo, who couldn't book his way out of a paper bag." Not the best shoot, but it gets the point across.

Okay it's time for the Prediction thingee. You know how it works, and you know what you win. Shall we?

WCW Slamboree PPV Card:

-Ready To Rumble Triple Cage WCW World Title Match: Jeff Jarrett© vs. DDP vs. Billy Kidman vs. Terry "FUNB" Hogan

-Sting vs. Muta

-Ric Flair vs. Shane Douglas

-WCW United States Title Match: Curt Hennig© vs. Scott Steiner vs. PerfectShawn Stasiak vs. Booker

-WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: The Outsiders© vs. Kronik

-Goldberg vs. Tank Abbott

-The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match: Terry Funk© vs. Mike Awesome vs. Ron vs. Don vs. Fit Finlay vs. Stevie Ray vs. Justin Credible vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Cat vs. Sid

-WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Chris Candido© vs. Lash LeRoux

Extras:

-Will there be an unscheduled extra match on either PPV or the Pre Show?

-Who will be pinned in the United States Title Match?

-Which will go longer, the entrances or the match in the Goldberg vs. Abbott match?

Have fun, and I'll see you here tomorrow with post PPV thoughts.

WCW Slamboree PPV Card:

-Ready To Rumble Triple Cage WCW World Title Match: Jeff Jarrett© vs. DDP vs. Billy Kidman vs. Terry "FUNB" Hogan

(There is just no way he doesn't walk out as champ. If Kidman is going to have a 'holy shit' run, it's too early. Putting the belt on Hogan/DDP does nothing)

-Sting vs. Muta

(Muta winning just doesn't make sense. Sting needs to be a variable in everything going on at the moment ... losing takes that away)

(If Douglas loses, his effectiveness is wiped out)

-WCW United States Title Match: Curt Hennig© vs. Scott Steiner vs. PerfectShawn Stasiak vs. Booker

(No way Hennig loses this in a clusterfuck match. Stasiak is going over Hennig, just not now ... it'll be later on, and clean)

(I can see Kronik being the ones to take the titles, but not now. The way the Outsiders have been booked, they have to retain for now)

(Goldy returns and kicks Abbott's head into the fifth row in eight seconds ... you really need a reason ?)

-The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match: Terry Funk© vs. Mike Awesome vs. Ron vs. Don vs. Fit Finlay vs. Stevie Ray vs. Justin Credible vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Cat vs. Sid

(He's the master survivalist, and master of surviving the bullshit match. This is a bullshit match)

(LeRoux scores one for the young'ns and sets up the Douglas win later on in the night)

Extras:

-Will there be an unscheduled extra match on either PPV or the Pre Show? Yes

-Who will be pinned in the United States Title Match? Booker T

-Which will go longer, the entrances or the match in the Goldberg vs. Abbott match? The entrances

The beauty of this diary is that despite the fact it's a great diary and it's interesting and everything else it should be it hasn't lost the crazy crapness of WCW. With that in mind it makes me think that things won't go down quite as they should, just like they didn't in the real WCW.

WCW Slamboree PPV Card:

Keeping Jarrett with the belt probably makes the most sense. DDP has no reason for winning. I wouldn't be surprised if it went the WCW way and Hogan took the title and went back to the top of the mountain. However, I think the pure shock factor of Kidman winning is enough for the title to go to him, as well as that it keeps the title in the New Blood and keeps the JJ v Kidmania feud simmering.

-Sting vs. Muta

Like the floating man said there are still more to come. I expect to see them turn up soon most probably in this match and see Muta pick up the win through various evil tactics. More intriguing though is if "the seventh" is going to be the same man from WCW or if you've kept the idea and changed the star.

Basically Flair can be cheated out of it and keep his heat. Douglas loses through whatever reason and he's suffering. This makes me think WCW would have Flair win but I don't think you'd do that and I'll stick with Douglas.

My own view is that Stasiak is going to fade out and that his mystery partner is going to be the man who gets the big push and eventually takes the belt from Hennig along the way so Hennig needs to keep it. Meanwhile Steiner will be beating Booker across the arena and going generally insane with little concern for the match.

I can't see The Outsiders losing until a team has been really really built up to face them and I don't think Kronik have had that build up yet so I can't see it changing hands. Don't ask me who that team will be though.

No contest. You either kill off Abbot and make everything you've done a waste of time or you kill off Goldberg and the man is never seen again. Therefore I predict a before the match sneak attack that gets the match thrown out. This is probably the match I'm most interested in seeing how it goes as I pretty much don't have any clue.

Credible to be the resident hardcore maniac and to bring some attitude to WCW. Meanwhile Funk can still put up a great fight. Keep in with his new group and later down the line have a brutally intense feud with Credible. Everybody else seems to just be filler. Except awesome who I was hoping would get a jesus push but alas it is not to be.

Give the fans something to cheer. Then let a bidding war start for Lash to see where he'll go. Oh I don't know and does anyone really care about this match?

Extras:

-Will there be an unscheduled extra match on either PPV or the Pre Show? Yes. Macho and Piper squashing someone or maybe an extra impromptu Hardcore match to get the title from Funk.

-Who will be pinned in the United States Title Match? PerfectShawn whilst Steiner and Booker are brawling around the arena.

-Which will go longer, the entrances or the match in the Goldberg vs. Abbott match? For dear God's sake I hope it's the entrances. Then some intense battling before a swift resolution.

WCW Slamboree PPV Card:

-Ready To Rumble Triple Cage WCW World Title Match: Jeff Jarrett© vs. DDP vs. Billy Kidman vs. Terry "FUNB" Hogan - Jarretts going to job and I don't think Kidmans ready yet so it was a toss up between Page and Hogan

-Sting vs. Muta - Muta wins through interference from Vampiro and co

-Ric Flair vs. Shane Douglas - Douglas cheats to win to set up a rematch

-WCW United States Title Match: Curt Hennig© vs. Scott Steiner vs. PerfectShawn Stasiak vs. Booker - This could go to pretty much anyone realistically but I think Hennig will use his experience to win capitalizing on interference from Stasiaks man

-WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: The Outsiders© vs. Kronik - Seeing as the Outsiders only just won the belts it would be strange to see them drop them this soon, especially to Kronik

-Goldberg vs. Tank Abbott - Just can't see Tank Abbott going over Goldberg

-The New Blood Hardcore Challenge Match: Terry Funk© vs. Mike Awesome vs. Ron vs. Don vs. Fit Finlay vs. Stevie Ray vs. Justin Credible vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Cat vs. Sid - Looking at this logically, Sids going out of the company, Stevie Ray, Ron, Don, Bam Bam, Finlay, The Cat and Stevie Ray haven't been booked strong enough leaving it too 3 people. I'll go with Funk to further him as someone who overcomes the odds

-WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Chris Candido© vs. Lash LeRoux - If Candido is going to be a strong champion then he needs to be winning these sort of matches with ease

Extras:

-Will there be an unscheduled extra match on either PPV or the Pre Show? Yes, maybe Piper against The Wall

-Who will be pinned in the United States Title Match? Booker

-Which will go longer, the entrances or the match in the Goldberg vs. Abbott match? The match due to long staredowns

• 3 weeks later...

WCW Slamboree PPV Card:

Pretty sure Jarrett isn't losing the title this quickly, and I don't see either of the other three in need of the belt. Kidman gets taken out by Hogan, Page goes down to Jarrett, and the two feuds continue. Of course Kidman and Jarrett get their shots in on each other as well.

-Sting vs. Muta

This seems like a throw away match on paper, but I'm going to say Sting wins it by DQ when he's mobbed by the rest of them. Vampiro and such.

Gotta go for Shane Douglas here, despite I think Flair might take it. I'd actually like to see a No-Contest between the two, maybe with Flair too bloody to continue or something of that nature.

Curt Hennig, cause come on, you're not going to give me a Hennig title run and then take it away like that are you? Steiner delivers pipe shots to everyone and is forced out of the match. Someone comes in to help Stasiak and inadvertently helps Hennig

Kronik. Outsiders don't need the belts, despite me really liking them. Kronik needs the titles to get over, not to mention it gets another belt back from The Millionaires, and hopefully will be your only title change of the night.

Goldberg-Hopefully you're not going to hype his return only to have him laid out by Tank Abbott.

Terry Funk, just because he's the old man who just won't stay the fuck down, even when he should. Everyone else is going to be too busy fighting each other and Funk is going to steal the victory somehow.

Candido, simply because LeRoux=Cannon Fodder!

Extras:

-Will there be an unscheduled extra match on either PPV or the Pre Show? I'm going to go with no

-Who will be pinned in the United States Title Match? Stasiak

-Which will go longer, the entrances or the match in the Goldberg vs. Abbott match? Entrances

• 7 months later...