The England thread

England Squad;

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart;

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Kyle Walker;

Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Matthew Jarvis, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;

Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney.

So the big suprise is Jarvis. Apart from that it is same old same old really.

I think Parker may play some part against Wales but should definately start against Ghana. The lad is having an amazing season and it's shocking the amount of times he gets overlooked for England.

I'd like the team against Wales to be Hart, Johnson (Why ain't Micah Richards in the squad again else I'd have him at right-back), Terry, Dawson, Cole, Young, Parker, Wilshere, Lampard, Milner, Rooney in a 4-5-1.

I think Capello will probably go with Hart, Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole, Young, Barry (Maybe Wilshere), Lampard, Milner, Rooney, Bent in a 4-4-2.

Like it matters, we'll cruise the qualifiers, then come Euro 2012, we'll fail as per usual.

I'll still watch, but it's getting to the point with England where I'm starting to not care anymore, it's the same shit repeated every 2 years with the odd failure to even qualify thrown in.

I've always like Richards since he made his suprise debut for England in like 2006 or something, he looked an awesome prospect back then and I thought he would have made the England right back spot his own by now. Just read that he was stretchered off in the U21's 4-0 win against Denmark earlier this evening though, doesn't look too good for him for the rest of the season.

Foster out due to 'illness', Carson in.

Edit: Also Capello has confirmed Wilshere will start tomorrow which more than likely means no Lampard. Finally a change for the good in the England set-up.

Edited by Starvinho

England Team: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole; Lampard, Parker, Wilshere, Young; Rooney, Bent.

Looks like a 4-5-1 with Rooney and Young on the flanks, Parker holding with Lampard and Wilshere in the middle free to roam. Looks a decent team to me, I'm glad Parker has got a chance and hopefully with Wilshere in more of a free-role he'll produce some magic. It may even free up Lampard and we might see some of the form and goals he produces in a Chelsea shirt.