The England thread

Vassell is now averaging at three goals a game for England.

How exactly, when he has 14 caps (around that) and has scored 6 (might only be 4, but more likely 6). He might be averaging a goal every three games, but certainly not three goals a game.

Edited by timmayy

Yeah, thought thats what you meant :P.

Thats a damn good record, a very good one. I think Vassell should play more, but I agree with MDK - Vassell is best used in the last 20/25 minutes where he can use his pace on tiring defenders, he is excellent at that.

Vassel needs to replace Rooney still.

Yeah Rooney scored a good goal, but if them good goals come like every ten games, then he just isn't right for the spot up front. Vassel played great today, he deserves his spot in the starting lineup. Same goes for Defoe, I don't have a clue why Sven isn't taking him to Euro.

Good game though I must say. Still that thing about Butt or Lampard, because IMO Butt had a great game from when he came on.

Also anyone see Coles miss? That's why he needs to get the heck out of the team, because he is shit.

Oh and to add something else, Scholes doesn't need replacing. He had a great game today, minus the miss he had. Some off his passes were out standing and to even think about replacing him with someone like Joe Cole is just pathetic.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guest _sTe_

Can anyone confirm whether or not Rooneys screamer took an early deflection, because it fucking looked like it. I think thats why he was grinning too, no one on Sky picked up on it.

When watching MOTD, my first impression was "That took a deflection, it wasn't that good". But after they showed another angle, it actually just flew past the Iceland defender. It really was a good as they made it out to be.

• 2 months later...

Not a huge game or anything but still anyone watching? I'm watching most of it and I've got to say, I loved the David Beckham goal. The ball in from Terry seemed brilliant even if the defence were a little sloppy and Beckham did great. I want to see Schevchecko(sp?) score one of his super goals still.

Yeah got the game on, nothing overly impressive but on the same token not awful, the Beckham goal was good a nice cross in from Terry and bam in comes Beckham, nice to see him on form.

EDIT- Does anyone know what the story with Kieron Dyer is, they keep booing him, has he done something wrong.

Edited by Cortez

2-0.

Superb cross from Beckham and Owen was in the right place at the right time to head it in. Although I'm not like an England supporter, I'm super happy for Beckham and Owen. I honestly think these two can work superb at Madrid in the new season, cant wait to see how it goes.

Also I think tonight is showing that Sven is going with Butt over Joe Cole to fill Scholes place, and he's damn well right to do that too if you ask me.

I think the Dyer/Robson argument was that Robson wanted Dyer to play wide right, but Dyer wanted to play in the centre. It got heated, and Dyer blamed Robson for 'wrecking his International career'. Their may have been more. I'm pretty sure that's how it went. The general feeling is that Dyer owe's Robson an apology.

Watched the game whilst on the PC, and talking to people, so didn't see much. Beckham's goal was good from the standpoint of him taking the chance well, and taking the gamble. Good cross from Terry.

Wright-Phillip's goal was very very nice indeed. He looked good after coming on. Impressed me a lot.

I liked Wright Phillips tonight - he gave us pace, something we lack in midfield.

Perhaps:

Gerrard ---- Lampard ---- Beckham ---- Wright Phillips

Beckham on form tracks back and works, Wright Phillips has pace, Lampard is a box to box player and Gerrard is decent wherever. So that looks our best bet without Scholes.

We now have at least two men for each position, barring left wing

James/Robinson in goal

Neville/Johnson RB

Campbell/Woody/Terry/King/Rio CB

Bridge/Cole LB

Wright-Phillips/Beckham RM

Beckham/Gerrard/Lamps/Butt/Cole/Dyer CM

A Cole/Bridge/J Cole/Gerrard All LM?

Owen/Defoe/Vassell/Rooney ST

I think it was a good game, Johnson should give Neville a run for his money, and Smith proved he was shit. I think for the qualifiers, he should drop Smith and Butt, play Defoe up top, move Beckham into the middle and play Wright-Phillips out wide