AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

AMC has something called Fear Fest (which used to be Monster Fest) thats happening the week before Halloween. TWD is set to premiere at this Fear Fest thingy, so that would be the last week of October wouldend it? (i am not to high on Halloween, iz´s the 31th or something?)

• 5 weeks later...

It's premiering on Halloween at 10PM EST with a 90 minute episode.

I hate when they premiere horror related things ON Halloween, the Halloween season ends November 1st, would you rather have your product out in the months leading up to it instead?

I guess what realy matters it that everyone will be out partying. They should have put it a day earlier IMO.

Ah well, i think this will be big no matter what, as long as the releas groups are not out getting drunk i don´t mind.

Halloween's on a Sunday, everyone will be out partying the night before. But yeah, surely it makes more sense for it to debut on the first Sunday in October and center Fear Fest around it all month long.

It's also the same weekend of the zomBcon convention in Seattle (zombie capital of the world!), which has prompted some hope that Darabont and some of the cast might be announced to be attending the con that weekend for the premiere. As someone who is almost certainly going to that, I would be so delighted.

The Walking Dead Wins Second Season

The story of Frank Darabont’s attempt to bring Robert Kirkman’s beloved zombie comic The Walking Dead to TV screens has, in the last year or so, been filled largely with good news. It got picked up by US network AMC (and FX over here), went quickly from pilot to first series commission (AMC’s usual six episode kick-off), and has been building some healthy buzz, particularly after the trailer was shown at Comic-Con and arrived online. Now there’s another milestone passed as the show has won a second season before a frame of the first has even aired.

Fangoria reports that the show has been officially renewed, with filming set to start in February next year. And in keeping with AMC’s usual schedule, the next season will be 13 episodes.

While the first season took place in the blazing Atlanta heat, it’s possible that the next set of stories could take a cue from Volume 2 of the comics and be set during a different season. "It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter,” Darabont tells Comic Book Movie. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.”

And given that he and Kirkman have been playing with the narrative and shifting stories and characters around a little (though the overall plot will be largely faithful to the comic), he might just get the chance to introduce his favourite character from the books: Michonne. “When she shows up – and boy, is she a character I can’t wait to get to – when she comes striding out of the wasteland like a Clint Eastwood f***ing spaghetti Western character cross-melded with some samurai movie, like the Baby Cart character with the f***ing sword, and there’s just a little drift of snow in the air. I would love to put that on film."

So if you were excited to see the show already, now you don’t have to worry about it being cancelled immediately should you end up loving it, and then having to go through years of therapy to get over it like we did to get over My So-Called Life and Firefly. Er. Ahem.

The first episode, written and directed by Darabont, will air on October 31 in the US and arrives over here shortly afterwards. There will be plenty more on the show in a future issue of Empire.

James White

You want to talk news...!

NBC Washington caught up with Thomas Jane (The Punisher), who revealed that he has been speaking to director Frank Darabont about playing a role in AMC's "The Walking Dead." Darabont and Jane recently worked together on "The Mist."

"That show is going to be a a big f*cking hit," Jane said about "The Walking Dead." "I've seen it and it is fantastic. I'm going to come on and do a guest thing. Maybe play a bad guy."

Jane explained that he was originally supposed to star in the series when it was destined to be on HBO. He ended up going with "Hung" and "The Walking Dead" went to AMC.

He said he'll insist on being a living human in the guest role. "I'm not going to be a zombie. That's too much make up."

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18856&count=0#ixzz0yIg5fosg

Well, okay, not really news, but still. :w00t:

Ugh. Michonni. Fuck that.

Get out.

Also it'd be interesting to see who Tom Jane played, since I couldn't really see him as The Governor. He's such a criminally underrated actor, though (Hung is mostly a boring show but I keep watching it because of the great work Tom Jane and Jane Adams do on it).

Ugh. Michonni. Fuck that.

Get out.

Also it'd be interesting to see who Tom Jane played, since I couldn't really see him as The Governor. He's such a criminally underrated actor, though (Hung is mostly a boring show but I keep watching it because of the great work Tom Jane and Jane Adams do on it).

I was catching up on shows I've missed last week with the girlfriend and I found that I just couldn't sit through the latest Hung. I despise Tanya so much.

And Michonni is fine, she just killed what I liked about Walking Dead a little bit. Everyone was so real and the characters were believable, but it felt like Kirkman just went 'Hmm. Not enough action. LETS ADD A SAMURAI.' >_>

Honestly, considering that

Tyrese took out an entire room full of zombies that he was trapped with, and Andrea has developed into being just as deadly as Michonne if not more with about the same amount of explanation (Michonne used to do fencing hence the sword skills, Andrea... has... a naturally good aim so she's a sniper? Or something?), the only thing that really separates her from them is the stoic personality and I guess a flashier weapon. What makes her have the hype she has as a character is persona and figuring out a very cool application for something Rick and Glenn figure out very early in the series (zombies don't go after other zombies, so if you smell like a zombie you might be safe).

Honestly, considering that

Tyrese took out an entire room full of zombies that he was trapped with, and Andrea has developed into being just as deadly as Michonne if not more with about the same amount of explanation (Michonne used to do fencing hence the sword skills, Andrea... has... a naturally good aim so she's a sniper? Or something?), the only thing that really separates her from them is the stoic personality and I guess a flashier weapon. What makes her have the hype she has as a character is persona and figuring out a very cool application for something Rick and Glenn figure out very early in the series (zombies don't go after other zombies, so if you smell like a zombie you might be safe).

I agree. Andrea much much > Michonne. The only cool thing she had was her enterance.

I dunno. What she does to The Governor is some great moral gray area shit, and prompted yet more hilarious bickering between Kirkman and dumb people who read The Walking Dead in the letters column.

EDIT: As for the comic itself, the Hunters arc was a bit disappointing but the way it's transitioned into the Washington DC arc and the way that arc is clearly building to some big holy shit moment I really like.

Am I right in thinking they said they're not including The Governor? That'd be a damn shame. Some of the stuff he's involved in is sick as fuck and might be a bit too nasty for TV, but his character worked great against Rick. I can't wait to see some of the Prison stuff if they end up going that route.

I've never read that, so who knows. I mean, admittedly The Governor is really pushing the envelope even for cable, but if you took out the shit he does to Michonne and... probably his daughter, good god, he's still an amazing villain.