General Television Thread

Hellfire

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

Seems pretty apt in this situation.

Futurama (along with The Simpsons) was one of the shows i grew up with and is the first point of call when i am feeling stressed/upset.

I hope Netflix or someone of that ilk, gives it another home. I imagine it would be a lot cheaper to produce than say Arrested Development.

To be fair, last couple of seasons have been pretty lackluster. I'm not surprised.

Caught up with the first three episodes of Hannibal last night. Really good. Can't wait for the rest.

Calling it brain-numbingly awful would be a compliment as well. >_>

And yeah, I'm not really that surprised or upset about Futurama. It's just its time.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it too. I find it odd that people are clamoring for Netflix or someone to save it now, though. It cheated death once, what more do you people want!?

I feel like I'd want to watch Da Vinci's demons if the character of Da Vinci... uh... wasn't Da Vinci. Does that make sense?

No. Explain.

I feel like attaching the name and legacy of Da Vinci to the show cheapens the show. I feel like if the character of Da Vinci was called something else, but based on Da Vinci, it would be more... appropriate? I don't know, I'm finding it hard to put into words other than the idea that my inner snob (that I have no right to have) hates that Da Vinci's name is attached to what's clearly a bit of tacky trash STARZ television.

And yeah, I'm not really that surprised or upset about Futurama. It's just its time.

Ditto. I'm a little sad to see it go, but the timing's more than right. People want it to keep going, but sometimes you have to accept the ending, lest you end up like Groening's other creation and become a zombie of a show, where it looks the same, but it's dead inside.

I remember being excited when I heard Futurama had been brought back from the dead...and then forgot all about it and never watched a single new episode.

This is clearly all my fault.

I've watched nearly all of them, mostly because it's one of the more decent shows airing new episodes during the summer. I'll sort of miss it in that regard.