UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Vince Russo

Belfort beat the shit out of both Scott Ferrozzo and Tank Abbott (two of themain "tough" guys in UFC back in the day) at back to back UFC shows. That pretty much established him as awesome in my view.

Watching Vitor punch rush Wand to hell makes me smile ever time I see it. Even if you aren't a Belfort fan, watching his TKO's are something else. Those knees to Marvin Eastman, ouch.

And I hope Liddell takes out Couture. Not that I don't like Randy, I'm just a big Iceman fan. Looping hooks, baby, if he lands of couple clean ones it's lights out Captain America.

Umm, i'm slightly new to the MMA world. The only thing i've seen was really at a friend's house of a tape with shamrock in it back before his WWF days. But i'm interested in getting into it, and dish network sells the UFC and PRIDE ppvs as well as the ones you mentioned( bushido, which when i saw the previews it didn't seem all that interesting. And by what you guys have said i guess i was right ).

So any suggestions to order first, and any info on the current affairs in em? Also any tapes/DVDs i should check into? Any info or suggestions given i'll be quite grateful of.

Guest Vince Russo

Umm, i'm slightly new to the MMA world. The only thing i've seen was really at a friend's house of a tape with shamrock in it back before his WWF days. But i'm interested in getting into it, and dish network sells the UFC and PRIDE ppvs as well as the ones you mentioned( bushido, which when i saw the previews it didn't seem all that interesting. And by what you guys have said i guess i was right ).

So any suggestions to order first, and any info on the current affairs in em? Also any tapes/DVDs i should check into? Any info or suggestions given i'll be quite grateful of.

I saw the Saku/Royce fight in full. The first time I watched it the whole way through with ease, but as I viewed it more and more I found it harder to watch in one sitting. It's so damn long and once you know what happens in specific places you either end up skipping through the bulk of it or turn it off in hopes of restarting it in a few hours.

And I too am a big Uno fan. Not the best lightweight, but certainly one of the more entertaining to watch. The lighter guys are always fun to watch, Caol Uno, Genki Sudo, Duane Ludwig, Yves Edwards, Hermes Franca, Din Thomas, Jens Pulver, the list could go on.

Man, keep this up, we hardly ever get good MMA threads going on over here.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vince Russo

UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir was seriously injured last night in a motorcycle accident.

While riding his motorcycle, he was hit by a car and knocked off the bike, and flew 70 feet off his motorcycle, breaking his femur upon landing. Probably the only thing that saved his life was he landed on grass, and suffered no other serious injuries. He underwent surgery to repair the large bone in his leg, which was cracked in two, this afternoon in Las Vegas. The estimates UFC officials have is that he will be out of action for about one year.

No decision has been made regarding the championship that Mir was scheduled to defend in Japan in December against Andrei Arlovsky.