General boxing thread

EddieG

It was pretty embarrassing all around in all honesty.

Somehow his opponent looked even worst than he did. Even taking into account that it was his first fight and all, he'd of likely got dismantled had they put him in there with anybody who decided to throw more than one proper punch a round.

It was pretty embarrassing all around in all honesty.

Somehow his opponent looked even worst than he did. Even taking into account that it was his first fight and all, he'd of likely got dismantled had they put him in there with anybody who decided to throw more than one proper punch a round.

That's how boxing works, pretty much anybody who is considered to have any sort of potential/marketability is fed cans for their first 15-20 fights.

Just got in from work in time to sit down and enjoy Pacquiao-Marquez IV (edit: Okay, technically in time to watch the undercard). It's a readymade fight, both guys have said it's the last go-around - I'm expecting a great scrap.

Anyone else watching?

Pacquiao KO'ed with 2 seconds left in the sixth. Amazing back and forth fight - Marquez looked finished in round 5 but found a huge overhand right and put Manny on his face.

Marquez may be juiced up

Marquez is using a trainer who only avoided prosecution in the BALCO case by testifying against someone else, and he's suddenly gotten ripped. Even Victor Conte, who headed BALCO, says its suspicious. (Basically, Marquez has gotten jacked up similar to how Barry Bonds did)

If Marquez was clean and got in shape cleanly, good for him. But I doubt it.

Hope there is a fifth fight.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 1 month later...

Whenever I see Anthony Ogogo I just think of him being in the Subway adverts complaining about how spicy the jalapenos are for his sensitive mouth.