House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

That was a pretty awesome episode. From a biased standpoint, it left out characters that I can't stand and focused on stories that I actually care about. The Jon Snow and Greyjoy Bastard storylines bore me to tears, so I was thrilled that they were ignored. I was actually a little worried when the last scene started because I was worried that Jon Snow and Meridia were going to get the main event slot again. Sam surprised me in that scene, mostly because I actually thought the three of them were going to buy it right there.

That's what I really like about this show, I feel like the stakes are high enough where anyone can go in any episode. I was half expecting Tyrion to be feigning drunkenness during the whole wedding either to completely drop it when they got back to his room or to interrupt any surprise Joffrey rape.

17BRAVE1-articleLarge.jpg

Poor throne-in (hehe, puns) joke playing on the fact that the only thing I can remember about her character is she has red hair? Sure, she talks a little dirty and has conflicted motivations, but in her heart of hearts she truly loves Jon S.....orry I just fell asleep in the middle of writing that.

I don't know why, but nothing involving The Wall has really appealed to me AT ALL during the entire show. The only two exceptions were a scene ages ago where Tyrion visited to drop of Jon Snow (might have been the first or second episode of the series) and the bit where Arya and Gendry were getting taken to The Wall and the guy put a knife to the King's Guard guy's balls. Sam had a cool scene to end the last episode, but overall his story has been rather underwhelming too.

I am actually going to agree with WoC and say that Ygritte is a really one-dimensional character. I hope she'll get more interesting once the shit hits the fan because right now it's mostly plate-spinning with her.

I like a lot of the other wall stuff, though.

I respectfully disagree. She had a decent introduction, and I thought they were going somewhere with her being a cunning, two-steps ahead, mocking manipulator but instead they just decided to... have Jon Snow's Mary Sue character win the heart of the vivacious wildling princess, proving that true love is all it takes to soothe the savage beast within a few days of meeting.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, there are a few characters in The Wall storyline that I start to like, but they usually get killed off or discarded right away. I like the older captain guy that seemed to give Jon Snow shit all the time. The captain that just got killed off had a decent arc and I'm finding Mance Rayder pretty entertaining lately. I just hesitate to get attached to Rayder because he seems to be the latest in this line of "powerful authority figure is introduced, becomes associated with Jon Snow, then dies" line.

Edited by wrathofcarnage