[EWR] 1998 scenario, version XXVIII

This is an UNFINISHED 1998 scenario I've been overhauling since the dawn of time. It's a work in progress.

I'm still adding about a hundred more workers to it, and then I'll focus more on the other areas while tweaking stats as necessary.

What I'm asking is for people to look over the various wrestlers - especially indy, lucha, joshi, puro, and other 'foreign' wrestlers - and generally check if the stats are reasonable, gimmicks are correct, etc.

I also still need to put people in promotions in a lot of cases, but I'll probably do that in reverse by getting a list of rosters for the time period and working that way, instead of putting those previously mentioned workers in them as I do it. I also need to adjust for Japanese promotions being different than the ones in 2003-2004.

So anyway, please give me feedback on the workers and whatever else you want. You can suggest stuff for other sections as well if you'd like, and I'll try to keep it in my document.

Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AARRP5I6

Thanks!

Yeah, relationships and stuff still need done as well. It takes a long time. I'm happy to say I've added about 20 more workers since posting the last version, though. I'll update once I finish most of my list of workers and then start focusing on other areas and tweaking workers.

Glad to see you're still around, cactusguy.

Just an update - I'm getting close to wiping out most of the list of workers I wanted to add. Up to 1563 workers now, and I'm glad, because it's tedious adding all these workers, lol.

Fortunately, I'm eager to work on other aspects of the game - mostly relationships, alter egos, teams, and filling out rosters for the promotions (outside of the big three - these are done).

Hoping to post a new download over the weekend. Please give me any feedback you can on the earlier download for those workers.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8VJ5AYE

It's up to 1587 workers. Still have at least 15 more to go, probably closer to 30.

Please provide any feedback you can on the workers at this time. I'll be getting into the other areas this week.

One thing I wanted to mention is I included several celebrities and non-wrestlers in the game. The problem is, gameplay doesn't really set aside a gimmick or a way to designate that they ARE celebrities, so they treat them just like standard wrestlers and managers. I'm on the fence about including them and would appreciate some feedback on including them in the game or not.

• 1 month later...

Very nice job, Question, are all the staff members you created(prior to starting a game of course) real? And with there real companies? Like the WCW Road Agents for example

They should be, at least for the big three promotions. I specifically went back and added people I could find from whatever sources I had - credits on PPVs, people in wrestling magazines, shoot interviews, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if I congratulated you in other threads but this is a great work.

I just want to know if Jim Neidhart's Charisma is a typo?

I guess I could stand to lower it a few points, lol. Neidhart was pretty awesome on interviews back in the 80s and 90s, though. Very colorful character, The Anvil was.

I still have hopes of someday finishing this scenario entirely, but I've been super busy. Thanks for the compliments on what's done.