General Gaming Thread

TKz

I've started on the actual single player of AC: Brotherhood after our brief attempt at multi died on it's arse last year.

Man, I thought I was over powered in the other two games, just standing there with RT held whilst pressing X at the right time in every fight. Now I only have to do that once and then I can chain kill the other 5 soldiers that have swarmed inside half a second. Not to mention the fact I could just call in my own loyal assassins to fight for me or make them kill everything in a square mile radius with their arrow fire. Ezio is a boss.

And even though it's just pointless busy work made only more pointless once you buy the maps in game, I do still enjoy going around finding the feathers and the maps and what not.

So Shadowrun Returns is here. I heave a massive headache so i can´t get into it to much... i am surprised they use a cheackpoint save system, we should be beyond that in 2013. While i love the artstyle at first sight this looks so much like it was designed for iPad and got lazily ported to pc. I hope i can get a propper playsession going tomorrow.

It has a heck of a lot more to do with the fact that it's ten times more convenient. I hate checkpoint saving games - I don't want to stop playing just because I have no clue when the next point might be. Lots of turn based games let you save whenever.

Yeah, but then again, I don't necessarily see the value in arbitrarily having to repeat a bunch of levels that I've already beaten. Making you repeat parts for no reason isn't really adding to the difficulty, it's just... making you repeat stuff.

• Like 1

Just played a little bit of Shadowrun....and I'm liking it! It's fun! Sure, the graphics aren't great, but the combat is enjoyable. I can't wait to see what kinda content the community comes out with.

Just tried DOTA2....it's different and similar from LoL at the same time. Seems a little slower, harder to last hit creeps (but that could be because I am not used to the heroes), and the spells take up a lot more mana. On the flip side...it looks and sounds amazing!

Just tried DOTA2....it's different and similar from LoL at the same time. Seems a little slower, harder to last hit creeps (but that could be because I am not used to the heroes), and the spells take up a lot more mana. On the flip side...it looks and sounds amazing!

Give me your steam id! And if you have time, read this

Since it's on PS+ and it's sequel is out next month, I tried Saints Row 3. About four hours in and I'm not seeing the love. The pacing is all over the place, the characters are one dimensional, and the only thing that's really appealing to me is the customisation. Even the shooting mechanics feel clunky (though the melee mechanic of diving at somebody and plunging them into concrete witn a DDT will never get old), and in a game like that it's usually a killer. It just feels really unpolished, but I'm hoping it gets better.

TBH, SR3 they did go a little overboard with the whole "wacky" thing. My opinion, SR2 has been the peak of the series. The right mix of action yet zany moments to get a good chuckle here and there. I loved SR2, but SR3 was kind of a let down to me, and SR4, seeing as they go completely over the top, looks like it'll be a let down to me as well. SR2 is definately the way to go to see the best of the series

• Like 1

Doesn't that make a turn based game rather easy?

But you dont have to abuse it.

I personally prefer to be able to put a game down whenever i want with the ability to pick it back up whenever i want without being put in rewind. - A checkpoint system for these kind of games feels like PS2 era 8MB memory card restrictions for my Terrabyte Sized Desktop Computer, thats just silly even for the 16GB iPad Version.