Reading and Leeds Festival

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Probably should have brought this up earlier than now but I'll be meeting up with rich, Gazz and jouzy at Leeds tomorrow if anyone would like to join in. Pm me if you do and I'll sort it out since I think I'm in charge of ringing everyone anyway.

Glad something woke you up anyway! It was nice seeing the pair of you, fuck knows what happened to Jouzy. I got piss wet through waiting for a lift home and my ankle got crushed in a pit during Living's a Problem but it was awesome. Best Biffy show I've seen, and there have been some fucking good ones before. I ended up being spitting distance away from Simon Neil by Mountains.

Also, whatthefuck they played Folding Stars. I'm 99% sure they've never played that at any gig I've been to. I was so happy.

Yeah it is. A quick look at setlist fm suggests you mean 07... they've actually played it quite a bit (including at Download, though, which I really don't remember unless it was when I went to get food but still I'm sure I'd have heard and recognised it, plus I have two good friends who are big Biffy fans that were there and they have both said that they've never seen Folding Stars before) just not at any of the 7 previous times I've seen them (apart from Download.... apparently).

I am the king of negotiating.

I was accosted by some scousers on my way out.

'Hey mate, you leaving?

'Yeah'

'Can I buy your wristband?

'If you can get it off, you can have it for free'

'Thirty quid?'

'Deal!'

I found it humorous walking around the camp sites on Wednesday, but by Friday it was just dull.

Other than the horrendous weather, I really enjoyed it all. Other than all the headline acts, which I thought were amazing, a couple of personal highlights would be Skindred, and Pure Love. The image of a entire tent full of people carrying Frank Carter outside on an inflatable raft was a sight to see.

Apparently Trent Reznor has thrown a tantrum that NIN played under Biffy. I like NIN but fucking hell Trent. Their albums have only ever gone silver in the UK. Arguably they should've played beneath Fall Out Boy too (although, fuck Fall Out Boy).

I think the gripe was that they couldn't do all of the production stuff with BC headlining.

In which case, wah. Adapt and play your damn show. Sometimes you can't do artsy-fartsy. Sometimes you rub your makeup off mid-song, yell at the Germans and get them into the show.