GoGo Yubari

Guest mr. potato head

Definitely a good episode, I suspect I'll like it more if I ever rewatch it - I think I was hampered by not figuring out the format of the episode until Don's story began, so I was confused just how much Peggy was imagining and how much was real, even with the Roger/Jane stuff (though tripped-out Roger's musical bottle of booze was awesome). Looks like just about everybody's moved into a pretty dark place (except for Cooper, who, yes GoGo, is awesome), and they wouldn't be doing that without a plan, so I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Was she imagining anything in the episode? I didn't pick up on that at all. My view was that she is slowly devolving from the "perfect" girl of season one into one of the boys now. It's like watching a non married version of Campbell's storyline.

I didn't pick up on that at all. She was just high and didn't give a fuck so she gave a stranger an old fashioned at the movies.

The story-telling was really, really good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't notice they were telling parallel stories until the third act. I'm not sure Mad Men has ever done that. This season may have avoided the hiatus jetlag I had feared and may end up being the best of the 5.

No, she wasn't imagining anything. The only spoiler I'd seen before watching the episode was that it was "trippy", so I thought Peggy was imagining stuff until I figured it out somewhere in the middle of the Roger/Jane plot.

Roger's view of being on LSD was great. I've been loving the humour they've given him this season. I'm glad they didn't go into a "walls melting and colours everywhere" type of effect and instea went with singing bottles and time lapses.

I can't be the only person who wants a Roger spinoff after the awesomeness of this season.

When the Roger/Jane bit finished I had thought it was a bit gimmicky to do a 'drugs' episode, but the collapsing cigarette was hilarious and the conversation with Jane was kind of touching. His appearance at the end of the episode kind of cheapened it for me which was annoying.

I liked the fight in the flat between Don and Megan as well. I had thought that they were just going to start having sex or something and that would have been a bit lame. When she said "How could you do that to me?" I was really glad she wasn't just letting Don off the hook.

And how good was that ending?! I'm ashamed to say I'd gotten a bit sick of seeing Don so happy all the time...and I do want to see him back involved in the ad side of things so hopefully we've got that coming.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't know what the American equivalent of curling is, but that episode was a draw to the button. Megan's parents seemed like real people surprisingly quickly, Roger with Sally was AWESOME, and everything else clicked well enough. Amazing to see Don so at ease with such a secret-free life. Not a big fan of Abe though, he could use a bit more character definition if he's going to be sticking around.

This season has been perfect. Another A+ episode last night with Roger being awesome, Megan being awesome, Don being awesome over Megan being awesome, Sally being awesome, Joan being (briefly) awesome. It was a lot of awesome.

And it's so funny to think that less than 50 years ago, an unmarried couple living together could cause a parent to disown their child.

"We have baseball."

Gosh, I'm gonna be quoting that one for ages. For the first time in a while, Megan Draper not was annoyingly irritating.

Plus, last night was the first time, maybe in the whole series that Peter Campbell was at all endearing and actually showed why he's an account man.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

I didn't respond to this episode as well as other people. I'm not sure what I'm going to remember from it apart from Roger and Sally. That being said, it's a good change of pace from the other eps so far.

I totally agree about Abe and is Peggy settling for him? Because I didn't think that was implied previously.

Also, what's up with Megan? I thought that the show with Heinz was going to lead in to a stellar ad career but she doesn't want that? I suppose she wants to be an actress then?

Guest mr. potato head

Another good episode I thought. It was weird, by about 10:30 I was thinking it was a decent enough episode but with nothing memorable, and then Pete found a new low and Don a new acceptance and a Beatles song made an amazing cameo and now I look back on it fondly. Helps that I laughed out loud twice ("We're playing a hilarious joke on you" and "PIZZA HOUSE!"). Also liked Ken's little dance. Ken's turned into such an awesome character now that he's mostly just used sparingly. Less is definitely more with him.

Yeah, I thought it was a good episode. I'm a bit surprised I hadn't given my thoughts on this season yet because it really has been tremendous and this is coming from someone who all but wrote the series off halfway into last season.

And I know January Jones' schedule has been full of movies but I find it odd that Betty's barely been in this season. What's more odd is that I've always hated that character and don't know why I even care.

Yeah, I thought it was a good episode. I'm a bit surprised I hadn't given my thoughts on this season yet because it really has been tremendous and this is coming from someone who all but wrote the series off halfway into last season.

And I know January Jones' schedule has been full of movies but I find it odd that Betty's barely been in this season. What's more odd is that I've always hated that character and don't know why I even care.

Well, January Jones was pregnant (and I think gave birth during production) so they had to film around that and use her in bits and pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mr. potato head

Yeah that scene just leaped off the screen. Amazing the writers are able to hold themselves back from putting those two together more often. Great episode overall.

Guest mr. potato head

There have been a lot of Sundays in the past two months when I've wished my cable situation (have AMC but not HBO) was reversed. Tonight was not one of those nights, and I say that with a rough idea of what was set to happen on GoT. Just when you wonder what the season's building to, several major plot developments come in out of the blue. Can't wait to see what's yet to come.

Jesus fucking Christ. Mad Men is on this season. What an episode. What a final scene.

No joke. After all the network drama and the hiatus, it could've been the start of the downward slide for the series, but holy shit, this is the best season yet.