GoGo Yubari

It was a strong two hours, but like any Mad Men season premier, it dabbled a little in everything to give everybody some focus for the remaining 11 episodes.

But, the wake for Roger Sterling's mother was the best "serious thing turned train wreck funny" since Christopher's intervention on The Sopranos in Season 3. Plus, Stan's line about death may be the best one-liner in the show's history.

Also, we saw that Don ended up with PFC Dinkins' zippo. That might mean that Dinkins has Don's, which makes you wonder, what does Don's lighter say, Whittman or Draper?

spEPuXJ.jpg

SOON.

Yeah that was great. I was a bit worried that'd be the extent of that storyline for the episode but am really glad I was wrong.

Also, I was surprised as fuck when Kip Pardue showed up for the one second he was around.

Stan's pseudo-depression over not working on Project K anymore was great. He's easily becoming one of the best characters on the show.

I loved Don's pride/jealousy while listening to Peggy's pitch.

They've used him less and less as the years go by but tonight is further proof that Bert Cooper is still awesome.

Don Draper needs to be punched in the face repeatedly.

"I was different from you, Mr. Crane. In every way." is going on the list of amazing Bert Cooper verbal smackdowns, yeah.

I really thought Harry Crane was going to steal the episode until Don's speech at the end with Megan. Good gosh, my wife isn't a Mad Men fan and heard that speech in the background and just said "Damn."

A real strong episode from the supporting cast and we need a spinoff where Stan, Peggy, and Ginsberg run their own agency with Burt Cooper as the financial backing.

A real strong episode from the supporting cast and we need a spinoff where Stan, Peggy, and Ginsberg run their own agency with Burt Cooper as the financial backing.

God I would watch the shit out of this show.

• Like 1

Holy fucking shit.

Also;

oQnzqR3.gif

You're welcome.

Holy fucking shit indeed.

I was totally coming in here to joke about how I was going to have a new .gif in my sig after tonight! Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

There was a lot to like in this episode but I especially liked seeing Roger succeed again; it's been awhile.

My favorite scene was probably

Joan giving Don the Reason You Suck Speech. Because that was Don at his most stupidly selfish and impulsive and she and Pete were both 100% in the right for tearing him a new one over it.

My favorite scene was probably

Joan giving Don the Reason You Suck Speech. Because that was Don at his most stupidly selfish and impulsive and she and Pete were both 100% in the right for tearing him a new one over it.

Yeah, I liked the scene and I especially liked that Joan questioned how he couldn't handle the business but she could. However, I don't think they were 100% right because it only fell apart because they were scheming behind his back. They were still mostly right

(let's say 80%) but crying about someone making decisions without you when you were just doing that same thing doesn't really work. So of course it fell on deaf ears when Don had the opportunity to do it again by the end of the episode.

Knowing that the car is the Vega is pretty hilarious though. The first thought that crossed my mind was the Pinto but that was Ford but I like that it's built around a "lemon." Either way, it's going to lead to some interesting stuff.

Random note: I'm still not sure what to make of the Bob Benson character. While the casting seems to suggest a larger role in the future, I'm beginning to wonder if he's just a red herring and he has no real purpose at all.