The Last of Us

King.

I think I may finally make my own PSN account then. Suppose I'll need it now

Keeping all the mysterious and cultured European gentlemen that add you a secret to your husband, eh?

L...ol?

The only cultured gentleman around here is me. :/

Also, I'll just be downloading it from PSN tomorrow.

• Like 1

I have put just over an hour into it. Very fun.

I'm glad it came early. At Baddarina's for the weekend so I can't play until Monday after tomorrow.

I got mine today.

I'll be playing all weekend and have a half day tomorrow. I was going to take a full day, but I figured a half day would mean I wouldn't sleep in and would get more time to play.

(H)

Last of Us very much seems designed with the idea of people not playing for trophies in mind. Apparently you could beat it and only get one trophy - for beating the game on X difficulty. I like it, gets people to not bother with the stupid stuff and just focus on the story.

Thoughts so far! The intro was fantastic. Really made you care for the characters despite how little you knew about them and did a fantastic job setting up the world. So far though, I'm a little bored. It's wonderful, but it's been very hand holdy and on rails thus far. I'm pretty sure that's just a side effect of introducing game mechanics and the story, I think once it's just Joel and Ellie out in the world, things will open up a little more. I think this is the first game that's made a point of not having a cover system... which could really have done with a cover system. I mean I get what they're doing, but I'm never sure if that game is going to recognize where I'm hidden as behind cover enough.

So far, it's good, not incredible. I'm hoping the further I get into the story, the more it'll open up. I haven't even unlocked the whole crafting mechanic yet. Also I was expecting for ammo to be more scarce. I'm not really one of those "ITS NOT HARD ENOUGH" types, but if I start to feel like I always have plenty, I might shoot the difficulty up a notch.

And not really, Srar. So far it seems like you could probably play any way you want, stealth or shoot everything and still come out okay.

And yeah, NPCs look after themselves. I don't know how much she'll help, but the woman I was travelling with would shoot enemies and seemed to have an endless supply of ammo.

• Like 1

Wow. This might just be a one-off near me but I went to pick this up at about 9.30am and everywhere bar Argos is out of stock. The only reason I got it from there is because they had it listed as 15th June release and the tills wouldn't process it. I came in just as it was resolved.