Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Did anyone bitch about that? That might be the worst superhero series ever.

You take that back! The original Spider-Man series was great! I'm biased as I adored 1&2 as a kid. 3 was obviously weak, but in no way should these be considered the worst superhero series ever.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah apparently the script is finished and Wadlow has dropped a few bits of info casually over the last few weeks. Main things I've read are that it's going to be a team of five, Cable's in it and it's going to be, thankfully, a little darker and grittier than the other X films.

Also apparently it's likely Deadpool will be re-introduced in this film.

A few days ago Rob Liefeld (who I believe created X-Force/Deadpool) said he'd read the completed script.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/04/rob-liefeld-praises-screenplay-for-x-force-movie

and

http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-script-complete/

for some info. Obviously there's been no official word from FOX or Marvel as far as I know, but it's looking good.

I was never a fan of Toby being Peter Parker. The only good part about Spider-Man, IMO, was the Green Goblins and Doc Ock (and as a 10 year old, Kirsten Dunst wet T-shirt). Everyone else was just bleh.

Speaking of these films, Tkz, how about an update on that Superhero Movie list? :P

I dunno, it's hurting for villains at the moment and if Lex Luthor is one, it's not going to hurt to have some muscle for them to actually fight.

My problem isn't so much all the bit casting of smaller characters, so much as "Fuck it, let's throw Wonder Woman". Ugh. Everything about the Wonder Woman decision. There's already so much to set up with Batman's reintroduction and the villains and whatever, there's absolutely no way to give her the build she deserves.

I don't even want to get started on Gal "who the fuck" Gadot being given arguably the biggest female superhero role there is. Just... ugh.

Wow, how the hell are they going to introduce Batman, Wonder Woman, Dick Grayson, Lex Luthor, and now Doomsday (another huge villain) or Martian freaking Manhunter (a main member of the JLA)? Snyder is crazy.

He must think because he could do it in Watchmen, he can do this nonsense here.

Momoa would make for a badass J'onn, though, I will admit.

I don't even want to get started on Gal "who the fuck" Gadot being given arguably the biggest female superhero role there is. Just... ugh.

I don't get this? The Gadot casting isn't any worse than casting Christian Bale as Batman or Henry Cavill as Superman. Like I said, it fits DC's MO for the past 10 years. Plus, she's arguably more well known at this point than either of those two were anyways since she's already been part of a big franchise.

Outside of that, I'm going to continue fuming over here silently over the internet's overzealous assumptions of the worst before there's any firm details.

• Like 1

I don't get this? The Gadot casting isn't any worse than casting Christian Bale as Batman or Henry Cavill as Superman. Like I said, it fits DC's MO for the past 10 years. Plus, she's arguably more well known at this point than either of those two were anyways since she's already been part of a big franchise.

Outside of that, I'm going to continue fuming over here silently over the internet's overzealous assumptions of the worst before there's any firm details.

Gal Gadot is not more famous than Christian Bale pre-Batman Begins.

• Like 4

Gal Gadot is not more famous than Christian Bale pre-Batman Begins.

Point to me a movie in Bale's filmography pre-Batman that is as popular and wide-reaching as the Fast franchise. American Psycho is probably the most well-known of the group and that's a cult classic but nothing more than that. Beyond that, you have a lot of supporting roles and bombs like Equilibrium and Reign of Fire. He was not a known commodity at the time.

I don't want to get into a debate about it, but I think that all the accumulated roles that Bale (American Psycho, Reign of Fire, Machinist, Shaft, heck, he was the star of Empire of the Sun) played definitely made him a more recognizable face than Gal Gadot, who was not the star in any of the Fast films.