Has mafia become less fun?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

How is fun judged by games that give time for new players to talk? And how does that judge fun?

Isnt fun determined by witty back and forth? Rather than how fast people play?

Or is days in game days?

Then isnt that also skewed by kills? So a cult games less fun then 2 mafias and an sk?

So night zeros are more fun because some people dont play at all?

Skewed.

People engage with games that are fun. On message boards they engage by posting. It isn't a hard-and-fast causal relationship (more fun ALWAYS equals more of said metric) but it's a correlation that can be used as an indicator.

Yes thats my point. Talking more doesnt mean less fun.

The tone of your post plubby means youve missed the point of mine.

And as for deadlines creating solid deadlines meant they knew they had time to talk. Which extended the amount of days per player since they took the time. Which doesnt measure fun.

Posts per game day per player would be a way better metric of fun then "This game had short day phases".

That has the potential to be artificially inflated whenever someone (usually DMN. Not that it's any particular fault of his, he just defends positions to the hilt.) gets into a "you are, no you are" argument during a day phase. I would put forward that posts per calendar day per player is more indicative than per game day. It's also more likely to be inflated by being a shorter game than per calendar day would be.

Wait...Is posts per calendar day per player what the original stat is? If so..err, good job MPH!

Guest Owned by Quickquid

Posts per game day per player would be a way better metric of fun then "This game had short day phases".

But would you say there's a correlation between games dragging on forever and games not being enjoyable? Like, I'd rather play a game with 50 posts in a three-day day phase than 50 posts in a two-week game phase.

I do see your point there. I'm leaning to "posts per player per day" being the better indicator.

Your original point was people engage in games that are fun. "Dmn" then would be making the game fun not inflating anything.

When two people get into a back-and-forth, then only two people get to engage in the game at that moment because any other points get dwarfed by the distraction of the argument.

My point here is that only two people are having fun, but they are maintaining a sufficiently high post count to imply that everyone is engaging.

Posts per Calendar day per player would smooth the metric out a bit better.