Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

Solid episode.

Still not quite sure of Clay's angle here, but going around apologizing and trying to make amends - and admitting what he did (somewhat) - robs Jax of a card he could've dealt at any time. He's effectively taking away what Jax could have used to blackmail him.

Nero playing chicken with that SUV tailing them? Awesome.

Unser's scene with Sheriff Roosevelt was pretty great. "Tell me, just how does white feel?" Unser doing his own digging around hopefully won't come back to bite him in the ass later in the season, but I dunno.. I wouldn't be surprised to see a main character die again this season.

The patched-in nomads broke into Gemma's house to.. steal marriage certificates? Really curious as to where their story is going.

Opie rolling up and punching Roosevelt in the face in order to go to prison with Jax and the others was pretty awesome.

Solid episode.

Still not quite sure of Clay's angle here, but going around apologizing and trying to make amends - and admitting what he did (somewhat) - robs Jax of a card he could've dealt at any time. He's effectively taking away what Jax could have used to blackmail him.

Nero playing chicken with that SUV tailing them? Awesome.

Unser's scene with Sheriff Roosevelt was pretty great. "Tell me, just how does white feel?" Unser doing his own digging around hopefully won't come back to bite him in the ass later in the season, but I dunno.. I wouldn't be surprised to see a main character die again this season.

The patched-in nomads broke into Gemma's house to.. steal marriage certificates? Really curious as to where their story is going.

Opie rolling up and punching Roosevelt in the face in order to go to prison with Jax and the others was pretty awesome.

Clay's angle has something to do with the break-ins. They, obviously, got rid of all the other stuff except the birth certificates because that's what's important to Clay. Not sure exactly where he's going with it, but it's easy to see the connection.

Nero's stuff is pretty awesome and I can't wait to see where they go with the crippled son(?) angle. Opie coming back to the Sons is awesome. And I'll be really surprised if Unser isn't killed this season. I don't want him to go, but it seems he'd be the most feasible. I can't wait to see what happens when Tig gets even more unhinged.

• Like 1

i missed that. Did the patched in Nomads do the b&e, or did Clay say "get my safe" when he was at the house later?

The patched in Nomads are behind the break-ins. Or, at least, were definitely behind the break-in at Gemma's house. In the first episode, if you rewatch the scene where they break in to the house, they get a close up of a peg leg. And then in this episode you see them tossing the safe in a dumpster and reading the birth certificates.

SPECULATION ON THOSE MAJOR SPOILERS ^ :

Hmmm. Wonder if they'd off Unser this soon after he started his little investigation, or, if it's going to be someone that went to prison. If the source wrote it as "someone important to the SAMCRO family", I would think Unser - just because of the way it's phrased.

After how disappointed (probably more towards pissed off than just disappointment) I was with the previous season, I will say that I have been pleasantly surprised with the direction this season seems to be headed. Though that may have more to do with the fact that Jimmy Smits is fucking awesome as Nero than anything else.

Hmmm. Wonder if they'd off Unser this soon after he started his little investigation, or, if it's going to be someone that went to prison. If the source wrote it as "someone important to the SAMCRO family", I would think Unser - just because of the way it's phrased.

hate to say it, but how fitting would it be that Opie dies?

There's still waaaaaaaay too much to do with Opie in terms of story to off him. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Unser, or - and this may be a longshot - Tig, after Pope said he wanted Tig dead.

There's still waaaaaaaay too much to do with Opie in terms of story to off him. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Unser, or - and this may be a longshot - Tig, after Pope said he wanted Tig dead.

It won't be Tig. He did an interview that pretty much states we're gonna see some crazy shit from him later this season. And it won't be Opie for the reason you stated. A great case can definitely be made for Unser, though.

Yeah, I read the same interview (probably). TVLine?

Which makes me think we're in for a hell of a season if someone "important to SAMCRO" dies in the third episode of the season, and it gets even crazier later on. :w00t:

So, uhhh..

Definitely had Opie as an outside pick for "who's gonna die". Like, waaaaay outside. I feel like there was a whole lot more story they could've done with him, and it sort of feels like one of those sort of "shocking for the sake of being shocking" moments.

Srar:

Jax told Tig he's getting out with them, with a few conditions. Namely that Tig backs Jax's every move and never votes against him again.

Holy shit, though.

Why? It had to happen.

Opie was forever the fall guy, it's even how he was introduced to us. Opie's entire role was to be the catalyst for change in Jax, to progress him as a character. It's Jax' own inability to set his priorities straight and evolve that caused all of this. Opie's wife's death wasn't enough to do it, Piney's death wasn't enough to do it. Opie even spelled it out clear as day when he said he made the wrong choice, and Jax still decided to follow the wrong path, still put the club before his family. That was Opie's struggle for his entire run. SAMCRO vs His family. Opie made a bad choice, it cost him everything and Jax learned nothing from it. The only way left for Jax to learn the lesson was for him to lose Opie, essentially his brother, a member of his family. Opie reached his logical conclusion, and now Jax is finally seeing things clearly. He doesn't care about protecting the club, it's evident by his willingness to sell out Tigg when he's done. He's going to get his out and protect his family.

Remember people, Sutter came from The Shield, it shouldn't be surprising to see him using character deaths to further the narrative and shape other characters.

• Like 1

So as for Ashlye Tisdales role...

Is that all she gets? To get her face bounced around the set by Gemma?

Episode 3 Spoilers:

God damnit, this show is pissing me off to no end this season. The fact that Clay is still alive still seems like an absolutely horrible decision and the bodies that are stacking up so far have not been handled well in any way. First, I didn't really care about Tigg's daughter (yes, brutal scene, effective not so much) and Pope just being the new big bad this season is just boring. They should have killed Clay and focused on Jax rebuilding the club, but oh well. Anyways, as for the big moment this episode - didn't sit well with me, and not just because I like Opie. To me, he was always the heart of this show and I am not looking forward to what's going to happen without him. And using a character death to evolve plot and / or character is fucking stupid. Clay dying would have been a fitting end, Opie not so much. But anyways, here is a bit of a theory that is probably not right, but I'm putting it in here anyways.

If you don't want to read wild theories, skip it.

Since I'd much rather have a pointless twist than a pointless character death - Here it is: Opie is still alive.

Clue #1: Terra's conversation with the woman in the hospital: "I need you to fill out this paperwork." "For what?" "I want to do some work at the prison." (I'm not catching one line so if someone could fill it in, do so.

Clue #2: Jax was willing to sacrifice himself.

Clue #3: Jax initiated the whole fight for them to be locked up in the first place.

Clue #4: Pope: "Be smart Mr. Teller, it's who you are" - Right before he calls Terra.

Clue #5: Exchange with Terra also makes sense because she probably was expecting Jax and didn't know what happened to him (She's asking him "Are you okay?")

Clue #6: Do you really think that despite everything Jax would sell out Tigg? It could be just a play to get everyone out safe and earning Tigg's trust.

Probably not true at all and wild speculation, but like I've said I'd much prefer an unnecessary twist than an unnecessary death.