2001: A Zuffa odyssey

Rich

Oh hello MMA fan!

Do you like retro scenarios?

Would you like to help me in the creation of one?

I recently started to develop a 2001 scenario in the vein of the WMMA 2: Pride vs UFC scenario made by our own Lucien Sanchez, but instead of going forward from the Dawn of MMA scenario I am retrofitting a Modern Warriors scenario

Basically I am begging for help for a couple of reasons:

1) the more help I get the quicker this comes out.

2) linking to number 1, when I am back at work I will have less time to work on this, so any help is massively appreciated.

Basically I need a couple of people to spend a bit of time helping me out in a couple of areas:

1) I would like an accurate depiction of TV channels and PPV providers, this will basically be from what exists now to developing channels throughout time to present day.

2) An accurate depiction of fight camps, from what is open in 2001 and its members and the subsequent camps that open and when they open.

The aim of this is that these two areas when complete can be used to then tool the creation of future scenarios should someone want to develop scenarios before or after 2001.

If anyone is interested please let me know here and which areas you wouldn't mind working on, if its a case of you spending some time on google/wikipedia and developing a part of the database for me that is fine as I am currently working on the fighters and adjusting everything about them (which will take me a while).

Thanks for any help offered guys.

Rich.

• 11 months later...

So a year and a restart due to broken hard drive later.... I am actually getting close to getting this to a point where I will need people to play it and tell me how rubbish it is... So if there is anybody out there who wants a go at this when it is ready for a play test and is willing to give relatively detailed and constructive feedback, let me know! It would help if you have a decent knowledge of MMA c2001-2006

• 2 weeks later...
So here we have the original release of my 2001 scenario
I have basically taken a Modern Warriors and retro fitted it to Jan 2001, so when Zuffa took over the UFC, the debut system is pretty similar to the original Dawn of MMA scenario and to give a flavour of the kind of work that has gone and will continue to go in to this, I have so far really focused on putting together a workable game world and getting the fighters right, as a rsult there are now 44 companies and 3,610 fighters.
Here are some things to bare in mind:
1) This is still a work in progress
2) I need feedback!
So please let me know what needs updating, I know the fight camps and TV/PPV needs some work and I would be really appreciative of how people think this should go in terms of levels and volumes as I have not changed anything from the Modern Warriors pack I have retro fitted.
I would also like feedback on things like whether Pride/Hero's should have financial crashes or closing when they ended to make way for Dream and Sengoku for instance, or how I have not yet changed where MMA is legal/regulated and I would love some feedback on this. And basically anything you think would improve the scenario.
Also I am very fallible and have favourite MMA fighters and fighters I dislike, so if you think I have been too generous or too miserly with the stats let me know and I will have a think about updating the scenario.
  • Like 1

First thing is that the UFC have the Featherweight-Flyweight titles active from 2001. If you don't play as the UFC then the computer might book those divisions, potentially making the game unbalanced. I think you can put in narratives which add weight classes which might(?) also create titles.

Michael Bisping has unrealistic stats. Most of them, if not all of them, should be lowered by about... a 100.

I spent more time thinking about Bispings stats than anyone so you didn't accuse me of bias!

You're a beautiful person, Rich, you know that?

Awwww shucks :blush:

Typicial SRN.

Typical bloody Dutch, and their clogs

• 2 months later...

Just thought you might like to know (if you're still planning on doing stuff with this) that there is two Anthony Rea's in the database. Not a huge thing or anything but I found it strange when Antony Rea vs Anthony Rea was a UFC co-main event!