The 2013 Music Thread

Jimmy

Flux Pavilion released a new album in the last couple of weeks. This is "Do Or Die" feat. EWB's resident favourite rapper guy, Mr. Gambino.

I wasn't so sure on first listen, but I love it now. That bit where it kicks in is fantastic. It's not as hard as tr00 dubstep, it reminds me of Scott Pilgrim, if anything. It's a lot better than a lot of other "feat. Childish Gambino" songs, especially Leona Lewis' one.

New Adam Ant is good fun. Quality tapers off a little towards the second half of the album, but just to have anything substantial from him is awesome, and getting three or four great tracks is pretty much what you expect from any of his albums, and I'm impressed with the good stuff.

Really good year so far.

A friend of mine got to listen to the new Bowie album the other day for review purposes, but she's contractually not allowed to say anything about it. She was taken to a secret location and everything. All she's said is that she wasn't disappointed.

Whelp. A new Fall Out Boy album has been announced.

I always knew that their early stuff would never age well, but I'm still a fan of Infinity On High and Folie A Deux - still bring them out to listen to on a rather regular basis. At the same time, I'm kind of eh on the single although I've only heard it once and FOB singles have absolutely always been the worst of the bunch. I'm willing to wait and see.. but at the same time I'm hoping they stick closer to Folie A Deux than moving away into something else.