The New Kit Thread

Villa are always linked with whichever Spurs striker is generally on the bench. Early last season it was Keane, same the season before. There's also been rumours of Defoe before as well.

I don't mind Defoe going if the price is right (i.e high) but there's no way I'd EVER be happy with Keaneo going ANYWHERE.

Yep, I'm the same. You gonna get a name on the back?

I was thinking of Harewood..>_>

Nah, I'm hoping we bag Defoe so I can get that.

I dunno yet about a name. Usually a waste of cash.

Wait to see who else we sign too I suppose.

Guest John Wayne Ringy

I know we all made fun of Chelsea for their away kit, but honestly, looking at their friendly today, they're fucking blinding me with the yellowness, it shines, it shines, my god, it shines.

Villa's sponsor ruins an an otherwise good kit.

I hate all this Umbro shit across the shoulders and collar bones. What's the point? It's looks like a little boy stuck some stickers from his toy car on them.

I actually liked the West Ham kits...but they just look stupid when worn.

The rest are pretty unremarkable.

Oppose the use of gambling companies as football club sponsors.

There's some Muslim groups in Glasgow who requested a sponsor-free version of the Rangers kits (sponsored by Carling) because it's against their faith to promote the use of alcohol or something. So sponsorless kits are sold. If I were a Villa fan I'd try to get one without the sponsor, if at all possible.

Maybe I'm just up myself, but I hate ugly sponsors. They can really ruin great kits at times.

On another note, I think I read somewhere that kids sizes of football shirts are going to be banned from being made with the alcohol sponsors altogether. Maybe the gambling sponsors will follow soon enough.

Edited by The Kraig

Yeah I like that Man City one too. The Middlesbrough logo looks better on the kit than the image I saw online. I'm still not keen on Arsenal's third kit (probably something to do with the logo ¬_¬) and Liverpool's euro away would be cool but it's got a horrible collar and I don't like the faint stripes running down the middle.