Tomb Raider

Benji

Oh this is one of my four games this year that I MUST buy, so I will be getting it. I remember going to buy Tomb Raider 2 from Woolworths during lunch time at school on release day so we've got some history together (despite not getting any Tomb Raider game between 3 on PS1 and Underworld on PS3).

I really wasn't massively interested, but we put the game on our store TV, and the rolling demo is excellent, despite the gratuitous camera shot down her top that was totally needless. One of our staff thought it odd that this is the origin story and takes place before the other games, but she's got some sort of mp3 player and Beats headphones. I figured it was a reboot rather than a prequel though, correct?

I've got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered from Amazon, but since I also pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for the new God of War (I'm a sucker for statuettes >_>) I asked for the items to be delivered in as few deliveries possible, so I won't get it until the end of the month, probably (considering Amazon usually takes about a week to deliver here). I'm a Tomb Raider fan, and I liked the last trilogy (Legend, Anniversary, Underworld), though I never managed to end the very first game, the 1996 one, and I never actually played the sequels except for Angel of Darkness, which I hated (I bought the original and sequels some time ago from the Playstation store and have been meaning to get to them, but stuff always comes up), but I intend to eventually finish them.

Still, yeah, hyped for this.

Ughhh, I want it because of the glowing reviews its been getting. Even though it's essentially just an Uncharted/Far Cry 3 hybrid, it looks like it's fantastic. Tomb Raider was the first game I ever got when I got a PSOne for Christmas, but I never really got into the series past the first two games. Still though, it's awesome to see the series get revived in such a good way.

Ughhh, I want it because of the glowing reviews its been getting. Even though it's essentially just an Uncharted/Far Cry 3 hybrid, it looks like it's fantastic. Tomb Raider was the first game I ever got when I got a PSOne for Christmas, but I never really got into the series past the first two games. Still though, it's awesome to see the series get revived in such a good way.

Well to be fair, Uncharted is pretty much a Tomb Raider rip off. :P

I'm getting it, really looking forward to it and Square Enix didn't really let me down once last year when it comes to publishing games. Not to mention for some reason their games are usually a fair bit cheaper than the rest! I'm just hoping it's not as god awfully boring as Uncharted 3 was. I always preferred the exploration in these kind of games, rather than combat, so I'd like to see a lot more of that than running around, gunning down every one.

• Like 1

Gamefly is sending me this, likely tomorrow. Really excited for it.

How did you manage to luck into this? I tried Gamefly and could barely get games 4 years old let alone anything new. Maybe I was just way unlucky like all the time, Oh well at least someone can get good use out of those horrible people