Tomb Raider

Benji

I only did one tomb - a real windy one and it wasn't that long, just a single puzzle to do with the wind and timing. Are they all that short?

Unfortunately, yes.

I've done 2 tombs now. Both just 1 puzzle. They are way worth it for the xp. I just got the shotgun too. My fave thing to do is dodge a charging guy, turn around and turn him into a fine red mist :P

I didn't even know how to get those guys to "open up" so to speak to begin with - I was trying to flank them. It took Baddarina to point out that I should wait for an attack, dodge and go for the kill. Yeah. :shifty:

Btw, do the "finishers" (during the melee combat) ever change?

You buy new ones for each weapon with experience. The finisher you do depends on the weapon you have out.

It wasn't holding me as much as I'd hoped to begin with, but after doing the WWII bunker bit, I'm hooked. I get a little confused and sidetracked quite often though. Like, I started lighting some statues, I have 7, I found a couple of nests with eggs but I've ended up wandering into adjacent areas that don't include these challenges. I find it odd that there's no challenges screen to track my progress (unless there is and it's buried somewhere).

It's there. On the start or select menu (I forget which) you can move across screens with the shoulder buttons to show which items you're missing.

Despite all the violence and bloodshed, right about the time where Lara crawls through a stream of blood and emerged covered head to toe in red, that's when I knew that it was indeed an adult game. Lara Croft has been reborn and she's so much better than in any other of her earlier games.

• Like 1

Well. I just finished this - the story mind you and holy. Shit.

This is how you fucking do a game.

I was getting so amazingly tired of games where there's say.. five different types of enemies to choose from and they just go on a kind of rotation. They all have unique looks, and they're all instantly distinguishable from each other. That's what I loved about this game.. everyone basically looked the same, fitting for their atmosphere.. and when new/upgraded enemies are introduced it's far more epic, especially at the end with the Stormguard and FINALLY facing the Oni.

Ack. I can't believe I even thought twice about picking this up. All the way through the game, as I mentioned before.. it shows you little things without a god damn annoying tutorial box about it (well, to be honest I think there were a few but they weren't really all that needed) Lara gives you help through dialogue if you need it and it's just designed so friggin' well you hardly would ever need it anyways.

Oh and I kind of loved the dual pistols at the end. I hope that was a purposeful nod.

Now that I've tried the multiplayer too I think I'll be holding onto this for a while.

Despite all the violence and bloodshed, right about the time where Lara crawls through a stream of blood and emerged covered head to toe in red, that's when I knew that it was indeed an adult game. Lara Croft has been reborn and she's so much better than in any other of her earlier games.

That sequence was fantastic. Haven't had chance to play further yet.

I haven't really seen any gruesome deaths yet. I got crushed by a boulder pretty early on and I've fallen down cliffs and things, but never impaled.

Started this today, haven't got very far though (about to go rescue some useful bag of stuff from some wolves...).

Apparently one of the life lessons to be learnt from this game is "nothing bad ever comes from setting fire to things".

I'm having difficulty with the part right after the radio tower, where none of the land textures load and Lara has to walk around floating hundreds of feet in the area with some pipes, a dead body and a bunker all floating along with her. (N)

Think I'm getting close to the end but I want to run around and grab collectibles first. Going to put my location in spoilers and someone who has finished it please tell me if I'm ok to go ahead or if I should go do my collectibles running now.

I just got to the part where Whitman stole Sam and is taking her to the ritual chamber. They told me to get on the boat when I am ready to go

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm genuinely amazed at how good this is, considering I never got into the original games. Its a combination of Uncharted and Arkham Asylum/City and the result is wonderful.

Edited by ZJ Penn

You hit a particular camp and it tells you that it's the point of no return, i.e. you can't fast travel once you move on form that camp. But you can still return after you've finished the story.

I finished with 98% completion, just got to do the two challenges at the beach. I'm also missing an achievement for getting all the conversations from the Endurance crew, which will require a second playthrough (I didn't realise you could even talk to them until a load screen told me about 2/3 into the game. Had I known, I'd have done it from the start, love those extra snippets of backstory and whatnot)). As fun as that'd be, I'm not sure I want to spend time beating Tomb Raider again when I have so many other games I've not even finished once yet.