Benji

So I've seen a few people mention it on Facebook and over EWB, so I figured we may as well make a topic for it.

I was really apprehensive going in, since Green Arrow is one of my favourite comic characters, and GA: Year One is probably my favourite origin outside of Batman, but it seems to have found a good rythym. It came across as really awkward in the early episodes (that whole "Merlyn"/"Dinah Laurel Lance" exchange in the first episode was downright painful, as was the reference to Thea as "Speedy") but now they're not focused on trying to do subtle winks, and really getting their teeth into the characters it's coming across well, certainly a lot better than Smallville in it's first season.

Mind you, still waiting for Ollie to bring out more of his playful side, which will hopefully become a more significant character trait as he gets further away from his time on the island.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hopefully going to enjoy Arrow but I'm over the Arrow advertising campaign on 9.

Arrow has been "coming soon" since lateish last year. I wish Channel 9 had bitten the bullet and shown what they could, when they could, instead of waiting for a while and stockpiling episodes.

Edit:-Well over the last week it has changed from "Coming soon" to "After Easter" for what that's worth.

Yeah, Arrow took a while to gel for me. I very nearly dropped it after the Deadshot episode. But I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't because now that it's got its shit together it's a very fun show.

I love this show. Obviously for Katie Cassidy but also as it is a well written, character driven show and it does not just do action sequences for the shit of it like The Transporter series.

Manu Bennet is a decent Slade Wilson too.

I like how they portrayed Vertigo as well thinking about it.

I really like the show but am getting annoyed at the US season breaks. It's had 14 episodes I think with two breaks already.

I've never been much of a comic book fan and I've never watched shows like Smallville but for some reason I gave this a chance and I'm glad I did. Plus... BARROWMAN.

I love this show. Obviously for Katie Cassidy but also as it is a well written, character driven show and it does not just do action sequences for the shit of it like The Transporter series.

Manu Bennet is a decent Slade Wilson too.

I like how they portrayed Vertigo as well thinking about it.

I adored Vertigo, but then I am a total sucker for Seth Gabel.

I really like the show but am getting annoyed at the US season breaks. It's had 14 episodes I think with two breaks already.

I've never been much of a comic book fan and I've never watched shows like Smallville but for some reason I gave this a chance and I'm glad I did. Plus... BARROWMAN.

Yeah, the double break is ridiculous. Don't know why they didn't just delay the return from the first break for two weeks and have it air consecutively.

• 1 month later...

Tonight's episode was really, really good. I think it hit all the right beats it was hoping to and if this is any indication of the quality of the remaining episodes of this season then this show could reach an entirely new level.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was pretty much accurate with my last post because the string of episodes to end the season were pretty strong but not quite as strong as the finale. Holy shit was that a fantastic finale.

I did not expect that Tommy would be the one that dies.

So I was pretty much accurate with my last post because the string of episodes to end the season were pretty strong but not quite as strong as the finale. Holy shit was that a fantastic finale.

I did not expect that Tommy would be the one that dies.

Yea, I was shocked as hell when that happened.

I thought for sure he'd be back next season as the villain after Oliver killed Malcolm.

• 2 months later...

ATTENTION TKZ ATTENTION TKZ ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION TKZ

Season two casting news. Dunno if this counts as spoilers or not but whatevs;

"Arrow has finally added the Black Canary, but she isn’t going to be Laurel Lance. The show has decided to bring back the “golden age” Black Canary and cast Caity Lotz as Dinah Drake. She will start as a recurring character, and eventually develop into a series regular."

I'm really glad they're not using Laurel because I really can't imagine that character would even come close to evolving into a hero.

Yeah, it'd feel way forced.

But hey, FUCKING YES. Just do it right and don't make her look fucking stupid. Black Canary is basically the only female hero with an outfit that isn't ridiculous, let's just keep it at that, yeah? I hated the Smallville Canary. Man, I'm psyched for this. My favorite thing about Arrow is the portrayal of heroes and I'm psyched for the Ollie/Canary relationship starting up.

Holy shit.

Deadshot will return in season 2... as a member of the Suicide Squad. Including Bronze Tiger, who is being played by

Michael Jai White.

Holy shit is right.

I actually have no clue who Bronze Tiger is but fucking Michael Jai White?

Dammit, now I want to watch it now!

Holy shit.

Deadshot will return in season 2... as a member of the Suicide Squad. Including Bronze Tiger, who is being played by

Michael Jai White.

I dunno if him returning is a huge spoiler. It was announced awhile ago that, come season 2, he'd be promoted to series regular as opposed to guest star and get billing in the opening credits