Benji

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn.

And maybe he wasn't being completely truthful when he sat down with TVLine but Amell said he'd only done the first episode so if true all of the new footage is just from that, which is nuts.

Nnnnno he hasn't. Are you thinking of Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson?

Also, that character returning isn't the part that's the spoiler.

Oh yea...misread your post. Sorry

• 2 months later...

Possibly the best episode of Arrow yet. Really fantastic and did just about everything right. Never felt like it dragged and everything worked well. So psyched to have a weekly episode of Arrow and SHIELD.

Also:

BLACK GOD DAMN CANARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Yeah, the AV Club reviewer was pretty spot-on when they said there was a sense of maturity and awareness that only started to creep to the surface towards the end of last season. So, it's great to see that the show seems to have just picked up where they left off.

Really enjoyed last night's episode. There's definitely a distinct confidence in the writing that wasn't there for most of last season and it's making the show even better. Also, the re-introduction of China White/introduction of Bronze Tiger was as seamless as a superhero show can get with villains randomly popping up.

Yeah, Jesus is Arrow ever on the money lately. It knows exactly what it wants to do and just does it pretty much flawlessly so far. I've not really got any big complaints thus far. If I had to think of something, I'd say I'm pretty tired of the GIRLFRIEND DECIDES SHE HATES SECRET IDENTITY trope that I feel like shows up a lot, but that might just be because I endured 10 seasons of Smallville. I wasn't so hot on the ending of the episode, but I'm willing to give it until the resolution to really judge it.

Also, I kind of love Roy. He really fits well with what I imagine Roy Harper to be like without the training. His role as Arrow's "eyes and ears" is a great idea too. Keeps him involved and furthers their relationship. I imagine it'll stay the same this season, with the eventual reveal and progressing to becoming Red Arrow in Season 3.

Really hoping for more Black Canary soon, but fuck, is anyone else dying for Slade to show up as Deathstroke? You just know the island stuff doesn't end well and there's no way he doesn't become Deathstroke at some point. It's cool how the on island parts have seemingly slowly transitioned into being the most recent Tomb Raider game, too. :P

I've liked this from the start, but I was worried how they'd keep up the awesomeness of the last few eps of season 1. Not been disappointed. Somehow with the inclusion of more comic book characters, they've managed to stay away from the whole Marvel Movie style (I love those films also by the way) and keep it pretty serious and dark at times. On the most recent ep;

The villain was good, even though we didn't see much of him... the concept and what he did to the victims was enough. Roy's continued adventures are great and the very end scene was so cool. The scene where Laurel has her 'realisiation' after being rescued was really well done, pretty emotional stuff.

I also thought it was good right away (but as I said a week or so ago, largely uneven and unsure of itself) but there's no denying that it reaches new heights in the latter half of season 1 that's continued into season 2.