Benji

Why is Laurel kept around if she's such a horrible bitch to everyone? I mean, she was on the right track after Blind Spot which was a step up in her character, than it went right back down to where it was previously. Now I do like Katie but either the writers better unleash their masterplan already for Laurel or just put her on a bus to Gotham City to meet with Huntress and Barbs.

Also, I am damn sure Walter is now evil.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, and I could totally understand about her being very damaged, but the writers should make up their minds if or when she would be the Canary II. I personally love Caity as Canary and would rather have her as the Black Carary.

Laurel as Canary 2 would be the biggest mistake they could make. Her twenty minutes of kickboxing or whatever from that one episode doesn't compare to being trained for 5 years by the League of Shadows. But I think this is the first time in history I've had such faith in a show that I think they recognize that wouldn't make any sense.

Nothing Laurel does really endears herself to the audience, even if her reactions are understandable. That doesn't make her a poorly written character, but she's certainly not someone that people care to see. It doesn't help that since the Blood stuff ended, she's really the only character that's stories mostly revovle around this melodrama bullshit, whilst most other characters usually feature some level of action. It's like Smallville with Lana all over again.

I had this theory that since season 1 of Arrow, at least when her mother came back, Laurel was setting herself as a villain. If they made her an outright villain, her storyline would be a lot more better.

Funny story from John Barrowman

gif10-david-tennant-doctor-who.gif

• Like 3

Stephen Amell just posted this on his FB page. Spoilers for future episodes..

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Suicide Squad

1932218_583476648404273_1740646575_n.jpg

And from an article about it

The Suicide Squad assembles on "Arrow" next month and CBR has the exclusive first look the fully assembled team.

As seen in these images, the government-formed group will consist of Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), Mark Scheffer/Shrapnel (Sean Maher), Floyd Lawton/Deadshot (Michael Rowe), Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson), series regular Diggle (David Ramsey) and Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson). The team's arrival was foreshadowed earlier in "Arrow" season two with the debut of Waller -- depicted on the show, as in New 52 comic book continuity, as Director of A.R.G.U.S. -- and her subsequent recruitment of Bronze Tiger in January's episode "Tremors."

"Dig was our way into Amanda Waller, and in this episode, Amanda comes to Dig and Lyla, and she recruits Dig for a mission, and tells him he's going to need a team -- and she saddles him with the Suicide Squad," "Arrow" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said of the upcoming episode at a press event earlier this month.

The Suicide Squad name has its earliest roots in Silver Age DC Comics, but this team owes its inspiration to the more modern take introduced by writer John Ostrander in 1987's "Legends" #3. The latest "Suicide Squad" ongoing series launched in September 2011 as part of DC's New 52 relaunch and is scheduled to wrap in April with issue #30.

Based on Waller's offer to Bronze Tiger in "Tremors," the TV Suicide Squad looks to have a lot in common with its comic book inspiration -- both groups are led by Amanda Waller and offer imprisoned supervillains the chance to take on black-ops missions for the government, in exchange for shorter prison sentences. Bronze Tiger and Deadshot were both in Ostrander's original Suicide Squad team; Shrapnel has also been part of the group.

The "Suicide Squad" episode of "Arrow" is scheduled to air at 8 p.m. March 19 on The CW.

It was very sluggish for the first 30 minutes or so, but then

Oliver telling Laurel that she has no one to blame for all of her problems kicked off a great last half of the show.

Awesome ending indeed.

Holy fuck. HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK.

Arrow has been so good about not fucking things up, so I really hope...

Neither Slade or Sara end up dead. Slade can be put away or get away or whatever, but I don't think he should ever die. And Sara... man, it'll break my heart if she dies.

Also good god that's a lot of cleavage, Black Canary. I didn't even need another reason to adore you, but you keep on piling them on.

Hooray for the resolution of that awful Laurel story and man, is Felicity the best or what?

• Like 3

I totally echo everything from the last two posts and after seeing you guys say the ending was awesome, I couldn't imagine what it would be. But DAMN, did not see that coming. Certainly letting us know that shits about to go down.

Also, hilarious Batman and Robin reference;

HE HAS MCGREGOR'S SYNDROME!

Man, what an ending!

I was hoping they'd just get right to it and start beating the crap out of each other but I guess we'll have to wait for that showdown later. Great seeing Slade interacting with Oliver in present day though.

Other stuff:

I knew from the get-go that the kid that pilot was talking about would end up being Sin but it humanizes Sarah a bit more, which is important since the majority of what we know about her is the fact that she's a badass and she slept with her sister's boyfriend. That said, I hope this humanization isn't leading to her death. I really, really, really, really, really hope they're trying to subvert the whole character dying after adamantly stating "I'm not going anywhere" trope because they're not being very subtle about it and I think it would be a tremendous mistake to kill Sarah off, especially in favor of Laurel donning the Canary gear. Especially especially since Caity Lotz can actually do a lot of her own stunts, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACP7Gl8WkPk

Also, I'm extremely glad that the movie of the week story with Laurel is over now and am especially glad that Ollie finally called her out on her shit. Again, I just hope this arc isn't leading to her becoming the Canary.

From Steven Amells instagram

amelladventures
3 hours ago · Burnaby, British Columbia

The WWE Network continues to delight me.

http://instagram.com/p/lYyICbyNM6/

Stephen*

His love for the classic WWF just makes that guy that much more awesome. My friend has met him a few times when he was out doing publicity and she said he was the nicest celebrity she's ever met.