FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Better player customisation in clubs is much needed. Right now its essentially a choice of generic black/white guy with an optional blue afro.

They also should think about lowering the defensive accomplishments. 250 slide tackles for a +1? No thanks.

Clubs friendlies and practice arenas would be nice too, and the option to jump into games after dropping would be appreciated.

Oh and some way of detecting when a team quits just because theyve conceded would be wonderful.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. --

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today unveiled innovations to the greatest sports game on the planet that will enable fans to experience the emotion of scoring great goals when playing EA SPORTS FIFA 14 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC.

Innovations to the franchises award-winning* gameplay will make FIFA 14 the complete matchday experience, introducing features that inspire fans to build play through midfield, dictate the tempo of a match and create rewarding opportunities. Great matches are achieved through measured build up and incredible finishing. A new feature in FIFA 14 called Pure Shot and a brand-new ball physics system will transform shooting, making every shot attempt feel real, and when players connect with the perfect strike, feel exhilarating.

FIFA 14 will play the way great matches are contested with build up through midfield, tension throughout the match as chances are created, and incredible finishing, said David Rutter, Executive Producer for FIFA 14. Opportunities in FIFA 14 will be rewarding and great goals will look stunning.

Finishing has been transformed with Pure Shot so players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel more exhilarating and rewarding. New shot types include pure strikes, as well as off-balance and rushed shots. Plus, Real Ball Physics now determines the trajectories of balls, enabling players to kick the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or turbulent shots, just like real players.

Fans will be able to create rewarding build up to opportunities and have the tools to dictate the tempo of a match through four new features. Protect The Ball will enable players to fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed, or out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the pass, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities. Teammate Intelligence has been improved on both sides of the ball. New decision-making logic delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking where defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession, while attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace. Major changes to ball control add new tools to win the midfield battles. Sprint Dribble Turns enable players to turn in every direction at sprint speed while preserving momentum, delivering the control and confidence to take on defenders one-on-one. Variable Dribble Touches introduces variety on touches when sprinting. Skilled players will have better touch and more control when sprinting with the ball.

In addition to innovations to gameplay, FIFA 14 is introducing a game-changing new way to play Career Mode. The Global Scouting Network brings the world of professional scouting to life. Players now develop and refine a scouting network and search for talent year-round. Scouts can evaluate players all over the world to uncover the attributes and traits of every player in the game, in preparation for the transfer windows. Plus, a new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.

FIFA 14 will deliver engaging online** features and live services that connect fans to the heartbeat of the sportand to each otherthrough EA SPORTS Football Club, making FIFA 14 soccer's social network, where fans connect, compete and share with millions of others around the world. The game will also feature:

Changes to the wildly popular FIFA Ultimate Team

A new online Mode that will encourage social competition

Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA

Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.

FIFA 14 is in development at EA Canada and will be available in stores world-wide this fall. Additional platforms will be revealed in the months ahead. The game has not yet been rated.

• Like 1

Why not do two threads? One for general FIFA talk, and one for the Dragons? When a GTA game comes out it gets a whole sub forum, surely two threads for a game this popular is acceptable.

Why is it a problem?

Because when the thread is nothing but Dragons, general questions about gameplay go buried and unanswered, and it turns non-Dragons off from even discussing the game. There's been complaints, and although some people have been overly pissy about it, there's a very simple solution. Madden had three threads last year. One for general discussion, and one each for online leagues for PS3 and X-Box. I don't see why this can't have 2, or 3 if a PS3 Pro Club happens.

• Like 1

But we're meant to be streamlining the forum, not opening needless threads. :/

It's bloody FIFA, there's not much you can say about it. It's not like it's Skyrim or Fallout where people could talk for ages about decisions they've made, weapons they use, secrets they've found etc etc. Look at BLOPS 2, it went for a page or two of people talking about their loadouts and then it died. How many times can you post 'I shot all the dudes'?

And how many times can you post 'I kicked all the goals'?

Madden 13 thread is 18 pages and died about a month ago. Madden 13 X-Box league is 67 pages, and is still frequently posted in. I suspect this would go about the same. It would pre-empt the complaints, and make things more convenient for everyone. There's no reason not to split the thread.

It's bloody FIFA, there's not much you can say about it. It's not like it's Skyrim or Fallout where people could talk for ages about decisions they've made, weapons they use, secrets they've found etc etc. Look at BLOPS 2, it went for a page or two of people talking about their loadouts and then it died. How many times can you post 'I shot all the dudes'?

FIFA is more than just matches, though. There's FUT, Career, etc...

I don't know why you are taking such an issue with the idea of separate threads if apparently it isn't a big deal.

FIFA is more than just matches, though. There's FUT, Career, etc...

I don't know why you are taking such an issue with the idea of separate threads if apparently it isn't a big deal.

Then why does no one talk about it? Thread would die. Also FIFA is about more than just matches.. there's UT matches, career matches, seasons matches, pro clubs matches.. matches.. matches..

Bold bit is just silly. It isn't a big deal having one thread, it is a big deal having two threads for the same game when one will remain barely used. Especially when EWB is on a streamline kick. Kaney is a mod, he said it's fine as it is. Deal with it.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't use the FIFA thread because of the reasons specified. I quite like the idea of having somewhere to discuss your career or whatever, like the FM thread.

You're saying it's not a big deal having one thread, but it clearly is. Numerous people have taken issue with you boycotting it. I'm not even that bothered about what happens anymore, but if it wasn't a big deal, the issue wouldn't be brought up as frequently as it is. And plenty of other games have more than one thread, even ones probably used less than FIFA. Even if the thread did die, why would you care? You would have your Dragons thread.

I don't see why you're so opposed to the idea at all. It appeases everybody, unless you're enjoying winding people up, I guess.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see how summers asking if people are playing clubs that night stops you from discussing your career or FUT or whatever. I'm not saying you're jealous you can't play with us, but it's as if you resent the fact that we play together and you don't want to hear about it.

I don't see any legit reason why it would need two seperate threads. If you, Nerf or Pizza can point out three distinct instances of someone trying to discuss non-dragons matters and have them totally railroaded out the thread then I'll start a dragons specific thread. I'm struggling to imagine how that scenario could even occur, but whatever. Three times you've been stopped talking about your game and I'll concede the point.

Just get over it. We play FIFA, we talk about it in the thread. Simple! Show me all these buried questions. The thread would sink without a trace if we had a separate one.

I have an unanswered one sitting there right now as the last post. Regardless of whether or not anyone knows the answer nobody has even bothered to state as such.

A few times I've popped in with questions and they are either ignored or run through with Dragons talk to the point that I either:

A- missed someone responding or

B- everyone missed the question due to the Dragons traffic (I've had to quote my own question to get any response at all, let alone one that had any information). Specifically there was my question about the financial takeover not working ... Dragons talk ran right over it and after I quoted it all I got was "don't know mate" from alldawson and that was it as Dragons talk kept right on running. If there was another response I missed it because I didn't want to sift through all the posts about Club talk.

+++++++++++++++

Curious about the new ball physics and such. The scouting sounds lovely though.

I think there'd be enough separate fifa discussion for two threads, personally. The Dragons thread could even be in Donators if needs be - pretty sure everyone that plays is in that group anyway.

About the new features...

There's a vid up on IGN detailing the top 5 additions. They're all well and good, but everything there favours the attacking side. Defending the new way was tricky enough to master before, and could become even harder if there's nothing to combat some of the "intelligent attacking runs" - how about some intelligent defensive runs for once which would finally put to bed the old "two or three attackers run past the defence whilst everyone stands and watches, so as the keeper comes out, the drag-back goal is on every time!'

It really feels like the defensive side is being left behind - and that has nothing to do with how the user controls them, it's just so heavily balanced towards attacking.