FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Rise up to Division 9 on back of very fun 3-2 win. Temporarily full of misplaced optimism.

Next match: lose 6-0. :lol:

The odd thing about seasons is that you can go 10 games unbeaten, then lose the next 5. I have no idea why, but that happens quite a lot for me.

Well that's due to the opponents not necessarily being worthy of being in that particular division. One UT opponent I had was using his "2nd team" so I imagine he was trying to get another team to the higher divisions.

Not sure if you can start again on normal online seasons, mind.

I dunno, from the striker's perspective, it does seem a little less effective, yeah. Defenders seem to read it a little more, of the attack player stands and watches it a little more often. I scored a header yesterday with my striker, but I definitely won less than before the patch, too.

Lofted through passes are still overly effective. Defenders still react a fraction of a second too slow every time. Unless you switch to a player yourself and read it, you'll get done.

Isn't that true of real life, though? By all accounts, they've made it less effective, not completely redundant, which is how it shoud be IMO.

If you're playing against Arsenal, just keep lumping it over the top. I've seen milk turn quicker than Mertersacker.

Even though this is a joke, you're right :shifty: Take Liverpool in reality, for example. We usually outplay any team that wants to 'play football,' but are totally undone by the Stoke Citys and West Hams of the world. They know that (with Skrtel, at least) our high line is fragile as fuck, so they just boot it over the top of them and it's incredibly effective. It's about knowing when to kick it long and when to play on the ground.

I was defending lofted through balls surprisingly well before the patch, so if they've been made harder to exploit, even a little, it'll help.

Just testing the water here;

What interest would there be in a Baddar run PS3 tournament this year?

No need to clog up the thread, but drop me a PM if so, and I'll get the ball rolling.

If Stok doesn't sign up, I'll be disappointed.

This is exactly what's wrong with this game

6m7f.jpg

Just manage to scrape past this tit who was the most blatant abuser of the lofted through pass I've seen so far. He literally just pressed L1 and triangle any time one of his players was level with my defenders. He couldn't string 2 passes together but 3 times out of the 50 times he attempted it he was in on goal and finished them, not offside once either. Ugh, I'm used to the first touch now and it actually adds to the level of skill but this patch hasn't changed much and more people are abusing it every day. Really putting a dampner on the game. :(

Only played a divisions worth of games, but my UT is coming along nicely;

GK De Sanctis; RB Abate, CB Barzagli, CB Domizzi, LB Criscito; RM Herrmann, CDM Khedira, CAM Kroos, LM Caligiuri; ST Doumbia, ST Drogba.

Chemistry: 88

5* - 81 Rated

Manager: Michael Laudrup

Going for an Italian back 5, German midfield and an Ivory Coast attack.

Will improve certain areas when I get enough coins, but I'm broke at the mo. I kinda want Schurrle on the left, but he's around 25k.

Got De Sciglio, Bonucci, Santon, Bender, Marin, Sam and Bony as back up players for now.

Scored this goal online today. Had no where to go with Giroud so I just tapped cross to force a corner and this happened.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/173795940

I thought best case scenario he'd swing it towards the penalty spot because he's left footed but no he swivels on his right does that for some reason!

Be fuming if that happened to me!