The Dragon Age Thread

Benji

I've been contemplating starting up Dragon Age: Origins on a new save recently, so I'll probably post that in here, but in the meantime, Dragon Age III is set to properly be unveiled at E3 according to a tweet by the lead designer. Hopefully it's a return to form, and less of the hack/slash repetitive dungeons of 2, and more like the original.

I loved DA: Origins so damn much. I recently got the Ultimate Edition on Steam, so I'd be tempted to join and finally do the DLC if I hadn't already started playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Persona 3 Portable.

Hmm I have it on the computer as well.. I have the Ultimate Edition and everything installed as well and was installed floored when I fired it up for the first time and saw how the perspective can change compared to the console versions. Haven't gone back into it yet since but I should one of these nights...

I guess at some point I should re-purchase DA:O. I had it on the PS3, but I'll be fucked if I can remember what happened to it. I think I may have loaned it to someone and never got it back, and I hadn't even gotten very far into it..

Dragon Age 2 got a bad rep which I don't think it deserved. The major down-point for me was the fact that every dungeon was the same but fights were usually so chaotic that I didn't notice too much.

I liked Dragon Age 2 - still kind of peeved they took away the different kinds of backstories and such. That was such an amazing concept that added a great deal of replayability.. but I suppose they felt it made sense to tell the story they wanted to tell.

Don't misunderstand my opening post statement. I loved the story of DA2. I didn't like the hack/slash gameplay and the stupid reused dungeons, and at the end of the day I play a game for gameplay more than anything.

DA2 spoilers:

Anders, seriously man, I did every fucking thing to help him that I could... and then

that ending. I lost my shit. I adored Isabella and Varric, and had a bad issue with Merill using blood magic so openly and foolishly (incidentally, I loved that her voice actress was Gwen from Torchwood).

DA2 was just a little too samey for me. I literally needed just one or two more varied areas and I could have dealt with it. I've got it on my PC and Origin, along with DA1. I'd love to finish it one day, but I'm not sure I will.

I actually just started playing DA:O yesterday. Had to re-start again today. Dwarf Commoner Rogue. Seriously, the battle scene right before you start to enter the tower is one of my favorite cutscenes from any game ever.

DA2 was fun, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Origins. I hope 3 is a return to form.

• 11 months later...