Madden 25

Dumb name.

I hope they make the online franchise mode more in-depth this year. I love it, but it needs more creativity and accuracy with the storylines, more user options. I'd also like to see more customization, say if our EWBFL had 8 users, we could match them up in specific divisions. More in-depth training would be nice (scout teams, custom scenarios, XP based on what you do and how well you do it rather than just winning). ALSO NAVY FUCKING PANTS FOR THE BEARS PLEASE GAWD

Ahem.

I do like that they seem to be focusing on the rushing game this year. Since I pretty much can't pass for shit.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-new-feature-run-free

I really want to enjoy Ultimate Team, but I just can't get into it. Maybe they should resurrect the NFL Street brand and have that be the basis of the UT games. You could have cards for fields with particular quirks (say a sandpit that slows down skill players or a night games that make it harder to catch) that you build your team around. Cards for special moves and equipment too. Just make it more arcadey with an RPG element. If I want to play proper games, I'll play my franchise.

Eh, stick moves. Color me not impressed or interested at all.

Knowing EA, there still won't be any sort of power running and you will still get stuffed by everyone and their grandmothers because the O-Line can't make an alley to save their lifes.

I'm hoping to get Xbox Live again by the time this comes out so would be nice to see some good improvements to Online CCM.

I have finally, after 9 months of playing the game, become much better at passing than I am at running though, so a focus on running doesn't help me at the minute :shifty:

Eh, stick moves. Color me not impressed or interested at all.

Knowing EA, there still won't be any sort of power running and you will still get stuffed by everyone and their grandmothers because the O-Line can't make an alley to save their lifes.

I thought the run blocking was much improved this year, the running game was just hampered by the Infinity engine knocking you done at the slightest glancing contact. Might not be the case on default sliders, but the way I have mine, I'm much happier.

I have no interest in Madden games.

I do however have an interest in naming conventions. What the hell EA?

Genuine question? It's because it's the 25th one. It's still stupid. I'm guessing they might look at not using the year in future naming?

We where meant to get some Connected Franchise news on Monday but they moved it to the 20th.

Again, I'm guessing, but I'd assume it has something to do with them having a presence at the Xbox reveal.

Other things I'd like to see:

More accurate weather that has a realistic impact on gameplay. I want to be able to punish dome teams when they play at Soldier Field, for example.

Control over AI uniform selection to minimise clashes or create themed games (like having both teams wear throwbacks for Bears/Packers or something). Home and road versions of throwbacks would be nice too, although I understand they don't necessarily do this in real life.

Jetpacking defenses. Just fucking stop it.

Full control over special teams formations, I don't want my starters out there on the most dangerous plays. In fact, overhaul special teams plays. Better blocking on returns, the scant possibility of a blocked kick etc. Fix the AI freezing the kicker too early/ at the wrong time.

Bring back the defensive assignments.

Make the coach schemes and player roles count for something, or make their effects more apparent. I only use them as a house rule at the moment - like, I wouldn't sign a particular linebacker because he doesn't fit "my scheme."

Overhaul the "Be A Pro" gameplay. I'm a rookie halfback at the Patriots in my game, so the AI controls Tom Brady. He plays nothing like him. Also, give us things like no commentary, particular cameras, enhanced on-field chatter, to make us feel more part of the game.

Make the coach schemes and player roles count for something, or make their effects more apparent. I only use them as a house rule at the moment - like, I wouldn't sign a particular linebacker because he doesn't fit "my scheme."

It already does. The player's overall rating fluxuates when you change their position's role. So if you have, like Brandon Jacobs at an 82 because your RB role is "Power" but change it to "Receiving" and his rating will drop quite a bit because he's not good at catching. It just depends on how much of a one trick pony the player is or if they're more well-rounded.

Definitely agree on the rest, though. I'd also like less of a presence with the breast cancer stuff because they overdo it with the pink a bit too much.

It already does. The player's overall rating fluxuates when you change their position's role. So if you have, like Brandon Jacobs at an 82 because your RB role is "Power" but change it to "Receiving" and his rating will drop quite a bit because he's not good at catching. It just depends on how much of a one trick pony the player is or if they're more well-rounded.

Definitely agree on the rest, though. I'd also like less of a presence with the breast cancer stuff because they overdo it with the pink a bit too much.

I get that, I changed the post to say to make it more obvious. I'm sure I've seen a screen with different ratings than on the roster page (which you would expect to be the player's "natural" rating with no buffs), but it isn't the main depth chart. I think it's the one in-game, I vaguely remember subbing Asante Samuel in for Sheldon Brown because his rating had suddenly shot up by ten points. I just think it needs to be more apparent. Maybe like they used to do on the old progression screens, either colour coded or with a "(+1)" by the rating. Perhaps an option to spend XP on learning a new role/scheme could be incorporated.

I get that, I changed the post to say to make it more obvious. I'm sure I've seen a screen with different ratings than on the roster page (which you would expect to be the player's "natural" rating with no buffs), but it isn't the main depth chart. I think it's the one in-game, I vaguely remember subbing Asante Samuel in for Sheldon Brown because his rating had suddenly shot up by ten points. I just think it needs to be more apparent. Maybe like they used to do on the old progression screens, either colour coded or with a "(+1)" by the rating. Perhaps an option to spend XP on learning a new role/scheme could be incorporated.

When you change the role, the ratings you see on those pages are what the rating is for that particular role, it just doesn't reflect what the previous rating was. That said, incorporating something that says what the rating will change to on the roles page would be pretty convenient.

Most of what Dragsy's has put is bang on. It also reminds me of little things they messed up, like the weather being pretty much the same all year round every year at some stadiums in CCM. Why does it rain in Kansas every single week of the season? Why am I forced to play with the roof closed in Arizona for every single home game?

Why are none of my defensive players even on the list of stats when they lead in some of them!? Madness.

Aside from gameplay stuff I want more improvements in Connected Franchise.

Head Coach '09 got a lot right and they seem to be making it more like that which is nice based on Madden 13.

I'd like an actual draft like NBA2k13 has, even if only for the top 10 picks being able to see Goodell hand them the jersey etc would be neat.

A big board for the draft where you can rate players by position yourself, having a combine, chosing which colleges to send scouts to for the pro days . Better trading options (if I want to do a Washington and send first rounders over 3 years away I should be able to).

It looks like we're getting an owner mode this year too so hopefully that's improved. If I relocate a team I want to be able to keep the current logo or make a really good one, not some stock stick that has 3 changeable colours. Same applies for jerseys.

I'd also like cities to build stadiums and try and get themselves an NFL team (like LA is doing) and even the possiblity of moving to Wembley (and having a proper international series for that matter).

Custom draft classes would be awesome too, the "Madden Share" playbook could be something to do with that.

Edit: I agree with stat tracking too, as well as a transaction report.

Oh and after the draft a rookie training camp and things like that would be neat. All your rookies and rookie UDFA's in a practice game to get them an early XP boost.

A better college free agency would be nice too, you could mark a certain amount of guys once it hits the seventh round that you'd like to bring in if they go undrafted then they chose which team to sign for.

I'd love all the stadium construction and reloaction options, but for one thing I'm never moving my Bears from Chicago and I really don't want to have to deal with the same stock logos they've been giving us for close to a decade now (NFL Street in '04 was their first appearance IIRC).

I'm not great with plays and playbooks, I'd like some sort of tutorial or guide so I could tell how balanced the book I'm creating is, suggestions based on similar plays I use etc.

Needs work on playoff atmosphere as well. Perhaps different settings so I can either have a TV broadcast style option or an on-the-field presentation with no overlays or commentary. And I'd like to see the International Series fully represented.

Yeah the logos are fucking terrible. I'd like something like PES where you can pretty much make what you want. If not that at least 100+ stock logos we can use.

Oh and another thing, trade bartering during the draft. I love in HC09 where you can tell a team you want more picks or you want a higher value pick for them to move up.

Doesn't really explain anything or look all that different, but if this is an indication that they've worked hard on improving defensive play, I'm encouraged. Otherwise, I'm concerned that they've already forgotten this generation in favour of PS4/Xboxwhatever.