Madden 25

I suppose it could have just been a one-off - I haven't had any particular problems defensively so far (though I've only had a handful of matches); just in that match whenever I went up the CPU's next drive saw a mega gain from Spiller.

I suppose it could have just been a one-off - I haven't had any particular problems defensively so far (though I've only had a handful of matches); just in that match whenever I went up the CPU's next drive saw a mega gain from Spiller.

I am playing as the Bills, but I can't keep Spiller on the field. I am 8 games in, and Spiller has played maybe 2.5 games.

One game into my second season as the Browns, 1-0, pretty comfortable win over Cincy, and no turnovers committed by my offense. I'll settle for a mediocre offense if they play mistake free.

I wasted so much time trying to find the team to play with in my non-Packers franchise. I ended up taking Tennessee and using Washington's playbook.

I planned on using Terrelle Pryor and even traded for him, but Jake Locker has been playing really well for me. I knew he was a solid athlete, but he's outplaying his stats for me. I'm 3-0 with them right now, probably going to play a game or two during the Northwestern game.

Go Cats.

EDIT: I've had 4 or 5 plays in this game where Locker has stayed down and the dreaded injury banner comes out only for Locker to lead the team out of the huddle on the next play. Is this a toughness stat? Glitch?

Edited by A-Dub

I wasted so much time trying to find the team to play with in my non-Packers franchise. I ended up taking Tennessee and using Washington's playbook.

I planned on using Terrelle Pryor and even traded for him, but Jake Locker has been playing really well for me. I knew he was a solid athlete, but he's outplaying his stats for me. I'm 3-0 with them right now, probably going to play a game or two during the Northwestern game.

Go Cats.

EDIT: I've had 4 or 5 plays in this game where Locker has stayed down and the dreaded injury banner comes out only for Locker to lead the team out of the huddle on the next play. Is this a toughness stat? Glitch?

It's odd, but it may just be minor injuries e.g. bruises. Of course, the injury thing's been fucked for years, I've had guys miss a quarter with a dislocated ankle and others out for half a season with a broken finger.

Anyone got any advice for Field Goal kicking? I can't seem to get anything past 42-45 yards at the moment...

The further out you are, the lower the kicking angle you'll need. Obviously you'll come to a point where the kicker's power isn't enough and the trajectory will be too low to clear the crossbar. Might be worth playing with the slider. I haven't kicked too many field goals so far so I'm not sure how good it is, but the slider seemed off last year. Guys nailing 60+ like it was nothing , whilst others were struggling with anything over 40 when it should have been easy (I presume the latter is due to inaccurate ratings).

This game is a dick. I got a rookie named Ben Bones, touted as the next Bo Jackson, including being a 2 sport star and Heisman winner...consensus #1 overall pick....and he decides to play baseball and is never heard from again.

Of course that draft also netted me a tight end who's 7'4 o_O

• Like 1

Jake Locker finally got hurt and my undefeated season fell to the Seahawks - goddamn Seahawks, I'm not over the Fail Mary. Pryor also was hurt for a little while which effectively put me a drive down since I couldn't do anything - would be nice to put a WR or RB as an emergency QB instead of having to use my punter.

Alas, the Titans have no business going undefeated. Even with me at the helm.

One thing that is annoying me is the commentary inconsistency. On one play if you throw it short and gain 6-7 yards Phil Simms will say "that may be a short gain but they add up and soon it will allow for a big gain", the next time it's "the QB is just worried about his stats with that short throw, be brave and throw it down the field".

One thing that is annoying me is the commentary inconsistency. On one play if you throw it short and gain 6-7 yards Phil Simms will say "that may be a short gain but they add up and soon it will allow for a big gain", the next time it's "the QB is just worried about his stats with that short throw, be brave and throw it down the field".

That was supposed to have been hugely improved for this year's version, but yeah, it's not great. It's not as bad as 13, but I'm getting pretty close to just switching the commentary off again. Probably the stadium music too, I'm sick of Boom Boom Pow and Guns n Roses.