The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin

Well, this season is going to be the most unpredictable for years.

No Fergie! Man Utd have a new manager in David Moyes.

Chelsea have reappointed the Special Happy One, Jose Mourinho.

Manuel Pellegrini is all but confirmed as Man City manager.

Roberto Martinez is at the helm of Everton.

Arsenal are promising to actually spend big this summer, and we will be snapping at their heels again, provided we actually buy smartly.

Newcastle and Aston Villa surely can't be as bad as they were last season.

Liverpool are seemingly on the rise.

Moneybags Cardiff will look to spend big, one would think, to stay and do well in the league. Holloway is back with Palace, as are Steve Bruce's Hull.

Will di Canio last the season?

Predictions!!

People may be talking about Mourinho propelling Chelsea to the title but this season I would just like us to secure a top 3 position a lot more comfortably than we did last season.

Anyone expecting Man Utd to suffer significantly without Fergie will be disappointed:.

Liverpool will not finish higher than 6th.

I would like to acknowledge the fact that where many predicted Newcastle would maintain or even better themselves last year, perhaps into a CL spot, I was the only one to predict they would end up near the foot of the table. :shifty:

Which mentalist predicted us for the Champions League? Rafa?

I think Man Utd will win the league again despite the manager changes all over the top. Them, City, Chelsea, Arsenal CL again. Newcastle midtable depending on who comes in. Hull straight down, along with a Di Canio-less Sunderland and probably Palace sadly. Big teams for the cup again so Europa League goes to 7th like the olden days.

So bold...

Man City for the league, Pellegrini is a fantastic manager, he'll adapt quicker than Moyes to the job, and their squad is stronger than Chelsea's. Arsenal could have one of their better years in a while if they spend some money. Liverpool to get back into Europe. Crystal Palace, Cardiff and... Norwich perhaps to go down? I really think Steve Bruce is a decent manager and will have enough about him to keep Hull up. This is not an opinion shared by the rest of EWB. :shifty:

Man City for the league, Pellegrini is a fantastic manager, he'll adapt quicker than Moyes to the job, and their squad is stronger than Chelsea's. Arsenal could have one of their better years in a while if they spend some money. Liverpool to get back into Europe. Crystal Palace, Cardiff and... Norwich perhaps to go down? I really think Steve Bruce is a decent manager and will have enough about him to keep Hull up. This is not an opinion shared by the rest of EWB. :shifty:

Back into Europe? They've (Liverpool) been in Europe for years.

Villa will finish top ten.

Di Canio will be the first manager to be given the push

United will not win the title and a season of transition will happen with Moyes in charge

Chelsea will win the league

Hull, Palace and Stoke to be relegated

This thread is premature.

Everyone knows the new season begins on 17th July in England.

• Like 4

I think Man Utd will win the league again despite the manager changes all over the top. Them, City, Chelsea, Arsenal CL again. Newcastle midtable depending on who comes in. Hull straight down, along with a Di Canio-less Sunderland and probably Palace sadly. Big teams for the cup again so Europa League goes to 7th like the olden days.

So bold...

I predicted Newcastle at the top 10, to be honest. At least I'm optimistic about my team, instead of ''OH YOU CAN'T SAY OUR TEAM IS GOING TO BEAT STOKE AT HOME, OH YOU CAN'T SAY WE CAN BEAT A TEAM AWAY''.

Newcastle mid-table, Sunderland relegated. That's it.

Edited by RafaelFms

So bold...

I predicted Newcastle at the top 10, to be honest. At least I'm optimistic about my team, instead of ''OH YOU CAN'T SAY OUR TEAM IS GOING TO BEAT STOKE AT HOME, OH YOU CAN'T SAY WE CAN BEAT A TEAM AWAY''.

Newcastle mid-table, Sunderland relegated. That's it.

Well you couldn't beat or draw against Arsenal at home! :crying::crying::crying:

• Like 1