The FA Cup Thread 2013/14

Colly

To be honest this is half what I expected the league match two weeks ago to be like. I don't think anyone could really have been expectant on the basis of one fortunate win (at the Bridge) and one magnificent performance more recently. Hopeful yes, but not expectant.

Pretty much every one of our players strolled around looking largely uninterested. Cannot assume the reason for this of course, but on the plus side going out to City in the 5th round is better than going out to City in the semi final (as per last season).

Lacina Traore making his debut for Everton today, looking forward to what should be a good game against Swansea.

Garry Monk seems to have all the right nuances to be a manager as well, though when he first appeared on the screen I instinctively thought they were interviewing one of the players, he looks so young.

Also - so glad Swansea are playing in their mostly blue away kit. Great fun gonna be had if you're a little blind watching this.

That Everton won 3-1 playing below the usual standards shows how bad this Swansea team was. Could barely string a pass together and made some ridiculous mistakes at the back. Job done for Blues, hopefully a decent draw awaits in the Quarter Finals now.

Arsenal or Liverpool vs Everton

Brighton & Hove Albion or Hull City vs Sunderland

Sheffield United or Nottingham Forest vs Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton Athletic

Manchester City vs Wigan Athletic

Not the best draw for Everton really, could be a chance at revenge against Liverpool though. A repeat of last season's final as well, and a guarantee of a non-Premier League team making it to the semi finals.