(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Sure, if you look at Corsi ratings, maybe Hejda is better, but I measure player worth by Horeshi statistics, which makes Edler clearly superior.

The Penguins need Blake Wheeler for there first line, and im guessing the Jets will be sellers come the Trade Deadline

I don't think they have the expendable parts to get wheeler. I think Jets can get a lot more from other teams.

Flames are on a four game winning streak now! Wooo.

Drive for Five against the Wild on Saturday.

Mikael Backlund has been a beast since the new year. He's really starting to take charge. We saw a glimpse of it after the Iginla deal last season, but he's making a big statement. Between him, Giordano and Stajan, the new leadership is really taking shape.

On a side note, people keep laughing at what Brian Burke wants for Cammalleri, but I don't think it's too outrageous to say that to move him would require at least a first round pick. That's not to say that he's worth that, because worth is relative. But what everyone keeps talking about as fair price for Cammy is bad for the Flames. He's worth more to us as a veteran goal scoring leader, than he is on his way out for anything less than a first or a top prospect. I'd rather Burke re-sign him than trade him for less than that.

Stajan got his extension for that same reason. He's a good guy to have around, but ultimately, it came down to the fact that he is worth more to us on the team, than the return would have been.

Leafs trade Mark Fraser to the Oilers for Cam Abney (ECHL trash player, apparently) and Teemo Hartikainen (top 6, physical Finn playing in the KHL)...also 1.3 mil in cap space.

I REALLY like this deal for the Leafs, mostly for the cap space, but also at the thought of having Hartikainen and Komarov (I hope we sign him this summer before we lose his rights) on the same line.

I doubt Hartikainen's ever going to play for the Leafs for the same reason I don't think Komarov's coming back - they're making good money, probably more money, and playing more minutes in the KHL than they'd get in the NHL, with the added bonus they're much, much closer to home. Still, dumping Fraser for nothing means extra cap space and, no thanks to our cap guru Loiselle, we desperately needed that.