The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Oh, damnit, I didn't see that, I just scanned through it.

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll have to do with (Dark World spoilers)

aether or the giant monster from Jotunheim (I think it's Jotunheim, right?)

that they're dealing with, right?

I dunno...

(Post credits Thor scene spoiler, people)

Isn't the Aether what Sif and Volstagg (I think?) gave to the Collector for safe keeping in the post-credits scene? I could see them trying to take down the monster from Jotunheim, but it'll probably be something more along the lines with dealing with the fallout or someone getting powers from something that was left behind... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like someone getting a Dark Elf weapon and SHIELD trying to get it back.

Oh, damnit, I didn't see that, I just scanned through it.

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll have to do with (Dark World spoilers)

aether or the giant monster from Jotunheim (I think it's Jotunheim, right?)

that they're dealing with, right?

I dunno...

(Post credits Thor scene spoiler, people)

Isn't the Aether what Sif and Volstagg (I think?) gave to the Collector for safe keeping in the post-credits scene? I could see them trying to take down the monster from Jotunheim, but it'll probably be something more along the lines with dealing with the fallout or someone getting powers from something that was left behind... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like someone getting a Dark Elf weapon and SHIELD trying to get it back.

Yeah, I just thought maybe there'd be a trace or Aether or something left behind. A Dark Elf weapon sounds probable as well, but didn't something like that already? However, it'll probably cost the least amount of money as well, compared to a CGI monster. It could also do with one of those portals to other dimensions that Jane took (although I'm assuming that after the convergence that's out of the window).

I feel like it would be a bad idea for me to stop watching, because I see so much potential in where this could go. This week's episode was better than previous episodes, and I feel like we'll be getting into the nitty gritty by the 10th episode here.

Between the intro of Agent Blake to the show, the questions surrounding Coulson, the upcoming debut of Victoria Hand and the coming crossover with The Dark World, and I feel like we're starting to get into the reveals of what's going down. I feel like once that is out of the way, the show will really take off. Part of me wishes they would have just addressed this shit earlier on to avoid negativity, but I understand that they also needed to familiarize us with the new characters first.

My theory: there's a splinter group inside of SHIELD that is trying to take it over. Blake seemed like an anti-Coulson, and we all know that Victoria Hand was Norman Osbourne's right hand in HAMMER in the comics.

There are also rumors that Robert Redford will either be revealed as the Red Skull (having infiltrated SHIELD as he did the American government in the books), or that he will just be a villain that's leading this splinter group. I can see him becoming the Red Skull, especially with Hugo Weaving having publicly stated that he did not want to return to the role.

This would all throw a wrench in the rumors of AIM or Hydra being behind Centipede, but I actually wouldn't mind. if it turns out that SHIELD, or a group of bad guy SHIELD members is responsible, I think it would be for the best. It would tie everything in to Winter Soldier, and it would give the fans more of what we want, which is a direct cause-and-effect relationship with the films.

I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler tag but at least I got out of it with only getting that upcoming character debut spoiled.

I liked this week's. Maybe not my favorite single episode (I really liked "Eye Spy") but again Slab Hugepecs got to show some personality and the entire cast shone. I know who FitzSimmons are even more now and that's nice. And Clark Gregg's scene with the fireman was some damn nice acting.

Spoilers for a future episode...I guess

Supposedly, the episode on the 19th will be dealing with the fallout from Thor: Dark World

I feel like it would be a bad idea for me to stop watching, because I see so much potential in where this could go. This week's episode was better than previous episodes, and I feel like we'll be getting into the nitty gritty by the 10th episode here.

Between the intro of Agent Blake to the show, the questions surrounding Coulson, the upcoming debut of Victoria Hand and the coming crossover with The Dark World, and I feel like we're starting to get into the reveals of what's going down. I feel like once that is out of the way, the show will really take off. Part of me wishes they would have just addressed this shit earlier on to avoid negativity, but I understand that they also needed to familiarize us with the new characters first.

My theory: there's a splinter group inside of SHIELD that is trying to take it over. Blake seemed like an anti-Coulson, and we all know that Victoria Hand was Norman Osbourne's right hand in HAMMER in the comics.

There are also rumors that Robert Redford will either be revealed as the Red Skull (having infiltrated SHIELD as he did the American government in the books), or that he will just be a villain that's leading this splinter group. I can see him becoming the Red Skull, especially with Hugo Weaving having publicly stated that he did not want to return to the role.

This would all throw a wrench in the rumors of AIM or Hydra being behind Centipede, but I actually wouldn't mind. if it turns out that SHIELD, or a group of bad guy SHIELD members is responsible, I think it would be for the best. It would tie everything in to Winter Soldier, and it would give the fans more of what we want, which is a direct cause-and-effect relationship with the films.

Wait, what, Victoria Hand? Where did they mention her?

Seriously? No talk about this weeks episode? First genuinely great one by far. Hit the mark in a lot of places. More of this, please!

Also, :crying:

(don't read, episode will be ruined)

JEMMA!

:(

Why the sadface? She survived!

Loved this week's episode.

Supposedly, the episode on the 19th will be dealing with the fallout from Thor: Dark World

Is this there way to make sure people go and watch the movie? Would we still be able to follow the show without watching the movie?

Wait, what, Victoria Hand? Where did they mention her?

Seriously? No talk about this weeks episode? First genuinely great one by far. Hit the mark in a lot of places. More of this, please!

Also, :crying:

(don't read, episode will be ruined)

JEMMA!

:(

Why the sadface? She survived!

Loved this week's episode.

I was trying to throw off anyone that might peak at the spoiler anyway. But that was still super sad for a while!

And Victoria Hand hasn't been mentioned, but there's a ton of reports that someone has been cast as her.

I think we can put to rest any questions about the timeline the show is happening on with this news about a Thor 2 crossover.

I'm pretty sure this is the type of stuff we all expected when the show was announced. Not quite sure how it'll work for people that don't see the movie but since I am, I don't care! :w00t:

<_<

Re: this week's episode. I thought it was good but not quite as good as TKz indicates. It was certainly the most emotional episode of it yet but I'm not sure it quite hit the way they were hoping...

I didn't really think Simmons would die so the emotional impact just wasn't there for me. I do quite like that episode was centered on FitzSimmons instead of Skye/Ward though.

I think we can put to rest any questions about the timeline the show is happening on with this news about a Thor 2 crossover.

I'm pretty sure this is the type of stuff we all expected when the show was announced. Not quite sure how it'll work for people that don't see the movie but since I am, I don't care! :w00t:

<_<

Re: this week's episode. I thought it was good but not quite as good as TKz indicates. It was certainly the most emotional episode of it yet but I'm not sure it quite hit the way they were hoping...

I didn't really think Simmons would die so the emotional impact just wasn't there for me. I do quite like that episode was centered on FitzSimmons instead of Skye/Ward though.

I admit I fell for it when she hit Fitz on the back of the head with the extinguisher. Still banking on Ming-Na's character to die first.

<_<

I admit I fell for it when she hit Fitz on the back of the head with the extinguisher. Still banking on Ming-Na's character to die first.

Depending on the mystery around Coulson, it'll be hard to really buy any of the characters's deaths but I would peg it as more possible it would be one of the newer people and not someone like Melinda May.

I totally bought it because it'd be such a Joss move to do that. I'd still say this holds up as the strongest episode yet. Proves my point, as well, the more they focus on characters as individuals/pairs and less on the entire team, the better the show is going to be.

Every week I tell myself I'm not going to watch the latest episode & I find myself checking it out anyway. And every week I get more & more sucked in. I have to agree that this is the strongest episode in terms story & emotion. Also proved that they don't have to rely on action heavy sequences to make the show interesting & compelling. Haven't felt this emotional during a television show since older episodes of The Walking Dead & random episodes of The Office.