NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I didn't see a thread made on this yet, but if there is, please close this and point me in that direction.

Pre-season starts today, and we're 24 days away from tip off, so I figured what better time to start this.

Derrick Rose returns tonight against the Pacers. I don't expect to see him get much playing time, but excited to see him none the less. What're some of you guys predictions for the upcoming season?

The Mavericks claim they've got their sights set on a big name free agent and then settle for whatever they can pull from the scrap heap.

Sorry, that's a prediction for next offseason. This season Monta Ellis drives Rick Carlisle insane.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think this was one of the better summers in terms of all the transactions that took place. So many teams are fresh now and we've got some good stuff to look forward to. I, however, will be sad that the "*insert name* will be back before Rose" memes will end :(

The Mavericks claim they've got their sights set on a big name free agent and then settle for whatever they can pull from the scrap heap.

Sorry, that's a prediction for next offseason. This season Monta Ellis drives Rick Carlisle insane.

It's a rough time to be Mav's fan, that's for sure. They still might be able to sneak into the Playoffs though, but who knows.

As far as the West goes, I think Memphis will be a great team to follow this year. Thunder are still great if they can stay healthy. If Houston comes together fast enough, they are going to be really dangerous. I really, really wanna see the Clippers go far this season and with Doc Rivers, I think they can go deep in the Playoffs, but they're still missing a piece I think.

I think the East is still firmly in the Heat's hands at this point, but without seeing a lot of the others team in the East (Bulls, Nets, Pacers, etc.), who knows what's gonna happen over there.

Basically, I think the East is way more open then the West is.

Philadelphia might be the worst team in the history of the game this year. You say Andrew, I say Wiggins. Of course the Lakers have the top pick sewn up if they miss the playoffs. :shifty:

Washington has managed to put together a team that is good enough to compete for a playoff spot just in time for one of the 4 deepest drafts in history. Few things sum up what it means to be a fan of the Wizards better than this. I like the Wall & Beal backcourt, but they're not going to be anything more than 1st round fodder without more young talent around them. I hope Otto Porter can put things together, we'll see if he manages to do it.