NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Phoenix traded Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall, Malcolm Lee & Shannon Brown to Washington for their 2014 1st Round Pick and Emeka Okafor...

Phoenix continues tank mode and nabs another 1st ... Gonna be a long year I think for me as a Suns fan :P

Meanwhile Washington has a good shot at climbing into the bottom half of the East playoffs and will be an interesting team to watch this year I think...

I think the Wizards made a good trade. Giving up the 1st is hard, but it's protected (to the 12th). So if the team doesn't make strides towards the playoffs this year they have a good shot at a high draft pick anyway. So much hinges on how well Wall and Beal play together. They could be a lethal backcourt, or they could just be middling.

At least there will probably be some exciting basketball for me to watch this year.

What do you mean it's protected? Not really up on NBA draft stuff

It means that should Washington have the#1-12 pick, then they get to keep it. Phoenix will get the pick in whatever year Washington selects #13-30.

What do you mean it's protected? Not really up on NBA draft stuff

It means that should Washington have the#1-12 pick, then they get to keep it. Phoenix will get the pick in whatever year Washington selects #13-30.

It's probably going to move to #10 in 2015 and so on, as these protected picks usually do.

It's time to see how wrong I'll be in June!

East

1- Miami

2- Chicago

3- Indiana

4- Brooklyn

5- New York

6- Detroit

7- Toronto

8- Washington

Conference Finals: Miami over Chicago

West

1- San Antonio