EWB's Top 104 Artists 2013 - Results

METALMAN

And that was that. First of all, I'd like to thank the Pet Shop Boys - it was with the accompaniment of their 1993 album Very that I got the bulk of the list done. So thanks for that guys, too bad nobody voted for you.

44 of you voted in total, resulting in a very healthy turnout rate of 0.32%!

In total, 516 different artists were nominated. Interestingly, every single voter nominated at least a couple of artists that weren't picked by anybody else.

Obviously, with 516 artists, a significant number of them didn't make the list. Some of the most notable will be featured in the next post.

I would post them now but my Excel document has temporarily frozen due to the absurd and arduous series of formulas that I am using. Pray that it doesn't freeze for good!

• Like 1

Oh hang on, that's because for some reason it was doing the formula for 999,999 rows. I didn't mean for that to happen. :/

Anyway, here are the bands that didn't make the top 100 but did well enough to get a mention:

that dog, Flying Lotus & Jay-Z (The only acts with three votes not to make the list)

Avenged Sevenfold

Bob Dylan

Elton John

Enter Shikari

Garbage

Les Rallizes Denudes

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Papa Roach

Run The Jewels

Stone Sour

Doors

Jimi Hendrix

Joni Mitchell

Marlyn Manson

PJ Harvey

My Bloody Valentine

Outkast

PUJOL

Alice In Chains

Frank Sinatra

Hop Along

James Blake

No Doubt

Ramones

Sonic Youth

Agonist

Blind Guardian

Dead Boys

Alexisonfire

Joy Division

Ben Folds Five

Oasis :huh:

Radiohead :wacko:

Muse o_O

Limp Bizkit :w00t:

Prince :crying:

Mumford & Sons

The Strokes

Blink-182

Bob Marley

2Pac

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Blondie

Coheed & Cambria

The Who

Fuck off you guys, better luck next time.

As for those that did make it, here's some fun pie charts!

9qq7.png
o0e1.png
5hm0.png

• Like 2

I can live with Dylan, Sonic Youth, Sinatra, Outkast and Prince being out if it means we get also get rid of Oasis, Radiohead, Muse, Limp Bizkit, Sevenfold, the works. However, this is EWB so I am still not too excited about the main list. But... god damn it, Les Rallizes Dénudés. :( When will you people realise their greatness?!

• Like 1

FLAMBOYANT SINGER SPECIAL

=100. Queen

Number of votes: 4

Highest ranking: 13th

Does my dad like them? He thinks they are okay.

Did you know??? Much like AC/DC, Queen have had more than one frontman of note. They've had Adam Lambert, Paul Rodgers and 5ive. As popular as they were, most fans agree that the band's greatest period was when they were fronted by Jessie J.

=100. Michael Jackson

Number of votes: 3

Highest rankining: 11th

Does my dad like him? He thinks he is okay

Did you know??? Michael Jackson was in the Illuminati. He sold his soul to the devil for the power to sing and dance, making frequent references to this in his work (I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my feet; the Devil's gotten to me through this dance). Naturally, old Beelzebub was concerned that Jacko would blow the lid on the whole scheme, and had him killed.

• Like 2

=100. Slipknot

Number of votes: 2

Highest rankining: 8th

Does my dad like them? He doesn't know them

Did you know??? Slipknot wear hazmat suits to gigs because they are worried they will catch the aggressive wasting brain disease that their fans all have. One day in 2010, bassist Paul Gray's suit was in the dry cleaners...

=100. Portishead

It's me!

Number of votes: 2

Highest rankining: 8th

Does my dad like them? He doesn't know them

Did you know??? Portishead's album Third got its name because it was released on the third anniversary of the first flight of the Airbus A380.

• Like 2