Let's Look At All Of The UK Number Ones From 2003!

Berober

Tomcraft is soulless, repetitive nightclub dross. Rubbish.

Ignition I like, in fact I was thinking about it the other day whilst reading some of the God awful lyrics from R. Kelly's new album. Don't like him from what I've read about the person, but the song is good.

I rediscovered "Ignition (Remix)" through somebody doing a similar review to this that I read a few years back. So glad I did, as metalman said it's probably one of the best pop songs of the decade. I remember liking it at the time but 8/9 year old me also liked some other stuff that was absolute crap.

EDIT: Found it, but you may not want to look it up just yet as it will somewhat spoil the thread. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Link

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

8 June 2003 - 6 July 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM

Song of the Summer #2! Evanescence went straight to number one with their first song under Wind-up Records, and later won a Grammy award for 'Bring Me To Life'

"Fun" Fact: Evanescence actually requested that their songs be removed from Christian radio and retail shops because the band didnt want to be identified as Christian Rock.

Opinion: I love this song. I have for a long while now, and when I saw it on the list of number ones I was looking forward to this. It's powerful, and the two vocals contrast each other really well and it probably holds up well against the more current songs in it's genre. Plus, it kept The Fast Food Song from being number one and I will be forever grateful for that.

Could You Buy This Song On Cassette Tape?: Nope, but you could buy it on DVD!

How Would It Fare Today?: Hrm, I'd really want it to do well, and it certainly has something going for it, but I don't think it'd make it to number one today. It'd chart, but it's got such a high variance as to where.

Beyonce feat Jay-Z - Crazy In Love

6 July 2003 - 27 July 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY

The third song of the summer! And before the media made her Queen of Everything in 2013, Beyonce had to establish herself as a viable solo artist, and she did here, lasting 3 weeks with Crazy In Love, featuring future husband Jay-Z.

"Fun" Fact: Rich Harrison, who came up with most of the Beyonce lyircs here, managed to write them down in 2 hours while Beyonce went out, while hung over. Jay-Z, not to be outdone, improvised his rap in 10 minutes.

Opinion: Another good song, Summer 2003 was pretty good. It blazes confidently out of speakers and Beyonce sings it well enough. Jay-Z raps a bit and then the beat carries on. It's good.

Could You Buy This Song On Cassette Tape?: Nope, but you could also buy this one on DVD. Not sure why you'd do that, but you could.

How Would It Fare Today?: Number one, no doubt. The star power both Beyonce and Jay-Z have is enough to push this to number one, and the song being pretty good doesn't hurt. I'm pretty sure this song would be number one no matter when it was released from any point after Destiny's Child went on hiatus in 2001.

Next Time!

We're going to avoid turning blu.

Evanescence were #1 for a month?! I had no idea. I just thought it was a one week dealie. I wouldn't exactly call them a great band, but rather they were top of the charts than some of the other stuff that gets the coveted spot.

Listed below, some of the other stuff that were held from the top spot while Evanescence and Beyonce were #1:

And coming up in a few posts time is another song with a rogues gallery of songs it denied #1.

I remember when that Evanescence song hit #1 in the US. It was a big deal here because "OMG THEY'RE FROM HERE!!!11" I remember my friends listening to that song and "My Immortal" a lot that year.

I also remember when "Gay Bar" came out! That song was great.

I remember St. Anger by Metallica was a theme for a SummerSlam once, I think 2002 or 2003. And who can forget BIG TIME~! for WrestleMania 22?

As a pair of songs from this countdown those two have to be the strongest so far. Both are on my iPod, and both have easily stood the test of time in the decade since they were released.

Was 22 Peter Gabriels' Big Time, or The Soundtrack of Our Lives? Those are the two I always remember, because I always assumed they'd picked the wrong song the first time. Both great.

I still maintain Crazy in Love is the best pop song of that decade, its amazing.

Was 22 Peter Gabriels' Big Time, or The Soundtrack of Our Lives? Those are the two I always remember, because I always assumed they'd picked the wrong song the first time. Both great.

I still maintain Crazy in Love is the best pop song of that decade, its amazing.

The soundtrack of our lives was 21