The General 2014 Music Festival Thread For Music Festival Chat

K

In news that only Ollie will maybe care about, I'm going to Plan-It-X Fest again!

Long line-up behind the spoiler.

1. AUSTIN LUCAS
2. BOOGDISH
3. BUSMAN'S HOLIDAY
4. COLBY THE HEART
5. COLOUR ME WEDNESDAY
6. COMMUNITY CURRENCY
7. CUTTING ROOM FLOOR
8. DELAY
9. DOG JAW
10. DOGBRETH
11. DOG PARTY
12. EMPEROR X
13. ERIC AYOTTE
14. GARRETT WALTERS
15. GERD DEMBOWSKI
16. GHOST MICE
17. HARD FEELINGS
18. HARRY AND THE POTTERS
19. HIGH DIVE
20. JAPANTHER
21. KEPI GHOULIE
22. KYLE HALL AND THE KITTEN CRISIS
23. LIPSTICK HOMICIDE
24. LOS GATOS NEGROS
25. MADELINE ADAMS
26. MARTHA (uk pop punk)
27. MITCH THE CHAMP
28. NANA GRIZOL
29. NICE TRY
30. ONSIND (uk folk duo)
31. OPERATION: CLIFF CLAVIN
32. PARASOL
33. PEEPLE WATCHIN
34. PERKIE & THE PERKETTES
35. RADIATOR HOSPITAL
36. RAMSHACKLE GLORY
37. REDBEAR
38. ROMAN CANDLES
39. RUBRICS
40. RVIVR
41. SARA CILANTRO
42. SHARKPACT
43. SHELLSHAG
44. SPOONBOY
45. STREET EATERS
46. SUPER BOBBY
47. SUPER FAMICOM
48. TALL GIRL
49. THE CHERRY ICEES
50. THE MAX LEVINE ENSEMBLE
51. THE WILD
52. TOOTH SOUP
53. WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS
54. WHO NEEDS YOU
55. WILD ASSUMPTIONS
56. YOUR HEART BREAKS

Sooooo psyched for this!

Holy shit that is a wonderful line-up. I'm heavily considering doing an American festival next year, a few friends do The Fest every year and they come back with such wonderful stories (and I totally got bought a Weatherbox t-shirt. Boom).

Are One Night Stand In North Dakota going purely by ONSIND now? I haven't seen them use the full name in forever.

Also I'll be picking up tickets to ArcTanGent when they go on sale on the 30th. Grillstock also seems like a likely possibility because BBQ + Hayseed Dixie + £20 a ticket is far too good to pass up on.

I need to go to Fest in the next few years. I'm living like two hours from there now and I've got a guaranteed place to sleep in Gainesville. But now it's like a fucking week! And the first four days or something this year was like 100 miles away from the rest of Fest.

Baby shambles confirmed for werchter. I had no idea they were even still a thing.

A couple of my friends saw 'em in September and said they were great. But I'm pretty sure they're the kind of band you're only going to get anything out of if you really, really love them already.

A good chunk of that line-up will likely be at Bonnaroo. I'm hoping, anyway. It's a given 'Roo is getting OutKast, but I really hope for a Jack White appearance. I'm sure Skrillex will be back on the farm, and I'm really hoping I get to see Disclosure and James Blake. No one else here goes to Bonnaroo, do they? I know you've been a few times, Lowerdeck, and damshow always wimps out. Other posters should try and make the trek!

Download looks fucking weak as hell, there isn't a single band I really want to see, sure it'd be cool to see Aerosmith and Status Quo but I won't lose any sleep over missing them.

If you want a metal festival, head to Hellfest in France. They've gone fucking mental this year and the line-up is insane. I'm considering it as a third.

Maiden, Rob Zombie, Queensryche, Therapy?, Slayer, trivium, Sepultura, Turisas, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Status Quo, Skid Row, Buckcherry, A7X, Soulfly, Hatebreed, Monster Magnet, Clutch, Sabbath, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Annihilator, The Misfits.

It's crazy.

CR0X55A.png

NjvW8SX.png

mPIkLUW.png

This.

Seriously just look at the variety, size and quality of bands on offer. Also, what other festival could you go and see Status Quo and Carcass on the same day - let alone at the same festival weekender!?

In news that only Ollie will maybe care about, I'm going to Plan-It-X Fest again!

Long line-up behind the spoiler.

1. AUSTIN LUCAS
2. BOOGDISH
3. BUSMAN'S HOLIDAY
4. COLBY THE HEART
5. COLOUR ME WEDNESDAY
6. COMMUNITY CURRENCY
7. CUTTING ROOM FLOOR
8. DELAY
9. DOG JAW
10. DOGBRETH
11. DOG PARTY
12. EMPEROR X
13. ERIC AYOTTE
14. GARRETT WALTERS
15. GERD DEMBOWSKI
16. GHOST MICE
17. HARD FEELINGS
18. HARRY AND THE POTTERS
19. HIGH DIVE
20. JAPANTHER
21. KEPI GHOULIE
22. KYLE HALL AND THE KITTEN CRISIS
23. LIPSTICK HOMICIDE
24. LOS GATOS NEGROS
25. MADELINE ADAMS
26. MARTHA (uk pop punk)
27. MITCH THE CHAMP
28. NANA GRIZOL
29. NICE TRY
30. ONSIND (uk folk duo)
31. OPERATION: CLIFF CLAVIN
32. PARASOL
33. PEEPLE WATCHIN
34. PERKIE & THE PERKETTES
35. RADIATOR HOSPITAL
36. RAMSHACKLE GLORY
37. REDBEAR
38. ROMAN CANDLES
39. RUBRICS
40. RVIVR
41. SARA CILANTRO
42. SHARKPACT
43. SHELLSHAG
44. SPOONBOY
45. STREET EATERS
46. SUPER BOBBY
47. SUPER FAMICOM
48. TALL GIRL
49. THE CHERRY ICEES
50. THE MAX LEVINE ENSEMBLE
51. THE WILD
52. TOOTH SOUP
53. WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS
54. WHO NEEDS YOU
55. WILD ASSUMPTIONS
56. YOUR HEART BREAKS

Sooooo psyched for this!

Holy shit that is a wonderful line-up. I'm heavily considering doing an American festival next year, a few friends do The Fest every year and they come back with such wonderful stories (and I totally got bought a Weatherbox t-shirt. Boom).

Are One Night Stand In North Dakota going purely by ONSIND now? I haven't seen them use the full name in forever.

Also I'll be picking up tickets to ArcTanGent when they go on sale on the 30th. Grillstock also seems like a likely possibility because BBQ + Hayseed Dixie + £20 a ticket is far too good to pass up on.

I'll try and get ArcTanGent tickets as well. I didn't know ONSIND were even still going. I got a couple of albums off YI way back, not heard anything about them in ages.

• 2 weeks later...

For those into heavier stuff, Damnation festival announced Bolt Thrower as their headliner.

Sasquatch released their line-up for the May and July weekends, and I'll be goddamned if both weekends don't just absolutely rule. I think I'd have to pick the Memorial Day weekend line-up over the July 4th one, though.

I'm getting way too antsy for the Bonnaroo line up announcement.

March.... Well all the remaining big acts (read: most of the main stage, most of the NME and the headliners/subs for the 3rd and 4th stages) will be March. They never usually announce anything until then but in the last couple of years they've started announcing a couple of names early... I guess they've had problems selling all the tickets which seems insane given that the weekend used to sell out in about an hour 4 or 5 years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those into heavier stuff, Damnation festival announced Bolt Thrower as their headliner.

Damnation just announced that Raging Speedhorn are re-uniting for a one-off gig at the festival too.