MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Switch the Yankees with the Orioles, and the Mets with the Phillies, and that's pretty much how I see things playing out.

Oh, and the Yanks will beat the Royals in the Wild Card round.

Wait, no I don't think the Dodgers win the World Series either. I say they lose to Detroit.

Guess I need to do some predictions

American League

East

Boston

Baltimore (WC)

New York

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Central

Detroit

Kansas City (WC)

Cleveland

Chicago

Minnesota

West

Oakland

Los Angeles

Texas

Seattle

Houston

National League

East

Washington

Atlanta

New York

Philadelphia

Miami

Central

St. Louis

Pittsburgh (WC)

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

Chicago

West

Los Angeles

San Francisco (WC)

Arizona

San Diego

Colorado

Wild Card Round

Kansas City over Baltimore

San Francisco over Pittsburgh

AL playoffs

Detroit over Boston

Oakland over Kansas City

Detroit over Oakland

NL playoffs

Los Angeles over Washington

San Francisco over St. Louis

Los Angeles over San Francisco

World Series

Los Angeles over Detroit

The Cards out in the NLDS!? Boo this man!

AL East: Red Sox, Yankees (WC 1), Rays, Orioles, Blue Jays
AL Central: Tigers, Royals (WC 2), Indians, Twins, White Sox
AL West: Rangers, Athletics, Angels, Mariners, Astros
NL East: Nationals, Braves (WC 1), Mets, Phillies, Marlins
NL Central: Cardinals, Reds (WC 2), Pirates, Brewers, Cubs
NL West: Dodgers, Giants, Diamondbacks, Padres, Rockies

Wild Card: Yankees over Royals, Braves over Reds
Division Series: Dodgers over Braves, Cardinals over Nationals, Tigers over Yankees, Rangers over Red Sox
Championship Series: Cardinals over Dodgers, Tigers over Rangers
World Series: Cardinals over Tigers

AL MVP: Mike Trout, Angels
AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez, Mariners
AL Rookie of the Year: Masahiro Tanaka, Yankees
AL Comeback Player of the Year: Grady Sizemore, Red Sox
AL Manager of the Year: Ned Yost, Royals
NL MVP: Hanley Ramirez, Dodgers
NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
NL Rookie of the Year: Billy Hamilton, Reds
NL Comeback Player of the Year: Starlin Castro, Cubs
NL Manager of the Year: Matt Williams, Nationals

Not really going on too many limbs...last year I picked two teams who hadn't been to a WS in ages in the Nats and Angels and it blew up in spectacular fashion. Sticking with the known quantities.

• Like 1

I'm gonna skewer you and eat your vital organs. Go Cubs Go!

Besides, it's not like the Cardinals are gonna make anything this year, soooo..

• Like 2

I'd much rather root for the Cubs than AMERICA'S BASEBALL TEAM AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA EVERYONE LOVES THE CARDINALS WE'RE SUCH A HUMBLE BUNCH OF AMERICA'S BASEBALL TEAM AMERICA GO CARDS. :P

• Like 1

I have Liriano and Rizzo in fantasy baseball (Samardjziaiakel too), so every time Rizzo strikes out I go "Aww... :(. Oh hey! :) "

Hey what happened to your "I don't play fantasy because it makes me root against my own teams" motto?

I swear you said something along those lines once. :shifty:

And as a fellow Liriano owner, I just get to enjoy the strikeouts. No way I'd roster any of those loser Cubs. (H)

If the Jays struggle in the first couple months of the season, I fully expect a firesale.

There is too much money and resources invested in this team for them to not improve on last season, at least. If that's the case, I expect to see dollars moved out in copious amounts.

Fair play to Andrew Brown. Makes the roster essentially as a 6th man on the bench because the Mets are going with 4 SP until they need to activate a 5th starter. Chris Young strains his quad, which would normally press Eric Young Jr. into duty, but Daniel Murphy's wife went into labor. So now EYJ played 2nd. Duda would probably have played LF but he didn't play LF at all in spring due to injury. So Brown gets an improbable Opening Day start in LF, and he hits a 3 run bomb off of Strasburg in the 1st.

I have Liriano and Rizzo in fantasy baseball (Samardjziaiakel too), so every time Rizzo strikes out I go "Aww... :(. Oh hey! :) "

Hey what happened to your "I don't play fantasy because it makes me root against my own teams" motto?

It was more "I don't play fantasy because I stress out so much about winning it that I never enjoy the actual games being played" type thing.

I broke it this year. I'm in two leagues. One because there is a $2500 winner-take-all prize (and I didn't have to pay the entrance fee) and the second because a friend of mine is running the league and he guilt tripped me into playing when he had three people drop out the day of the draft. We have a whopping eight teams in that league. :shifty:

It was more "I don't play fantasy because I stress out so much about winning it that I never enjoy the actual games being played" type thing.

I broke it this year. I'm in two leagues. One because there is a $2500 winner-take-all prize (and I didn't have to pay the entrance fee) and the second because a friend of mine is running the league and he guilt tripped me into playing when he had three people drop out the day of the draft. We have a whopping eight teams in that league. :shifty:

And this shall be the year you join fantasy football!