The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

More @USSoccer news on player transfer front: Michael Parkhurst will be in @MLS in 2014 and not with @NERevolution. #Trade #MLSCombine

So that could be the Revs trading his rights to a team higher up in the first-round of the draft. Maybe the Union for their 6th overall pick?

EDIT: Or the Crew for their 4th...

It's funny, 'cuz for a second you thought Philly may make a move.

:(

Have the transfer rules been relaxed in MLS or something? How can Toronto suddenly splash £12m on players and pay their wages without destroying the wage cap?

I am pretty sure you can trade for designated player spots.

I googled, seems they have three DP (snigger) spots.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the salary cap when 27% of your first team doesn't count towards it and one player makes more than some entire squads.

The MLS have a draft? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, for college soccer players wanting to go pro. It's getting less important now since most teams have academy systems in place but it'll still be a thing for at least the next few years.

More @USSoccer news on player transfer front: Michael Parkhurst will be in @MLS in 2014 and not with @NERevolution. #Trade #MLSCombine

So that could be the Revs trading his rights to a team higher up in the first-round of the draft. Maybe the Union for their 6th overall pick?

About that...

The MLS have a draft? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, for college soccer players wanting to go pro. It's getting less important now since most teams have academy systems in place but it'll still be a thing for at least the next few years.

About that...

I was just coming in here to say 'Fuck this Franchise'...

Our plan this season is to try not to play any defense, and see how that works out.

I can only support the Parke trade if it means Carlos Valdes is actually playing with the Union this season. Feel bad for Parke though - dude came here to finish his career in his hometown...and got traded after 1 decent year.

Yeah, there's a few people on both ends questioning that trade.

It's official:

Timbers sign Argentine striker Gastón Fernández: http://t.co/d932ig4yYI #RCTID #WelcomeGaston pic.twitter.com/fwJ3E7UY9t
— Portland Timbers (@TimbersFC) January 15, 2014

This link (spanish) says that Galatasary are in for Vill to replace Drogba, who wants and MLS move: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140115/atletico-madrid/el-galatasaray-piensa-en-villa-para-suplir-a-drogba_54398135871.html

It is ridiculous for MLS to block the Edu trade because his salary is that high. Now with that said, I am so glad MLS is trying to block the move. Maurice Edu is an okay player, but nowhere near worth that salary. He is a greedy fuck for trying to get that kind of money, and the Union front office even dumber for actually agreeing to it! This club is so poorly mismanaged it is ridiculous.

• Like 3

At this point the existence of Chivas USA is probably the one thing keeping the Union's FO from being the worst in MLS (though Montreal is also pretty bad, I think).