League of Legends Thread

Ruki

Teemo with lots of AP and Lyandry's? Yeah, those shrooms hurt.

Edit: Looks like C9 is taking this one.

Edit 2: Now a void staff? Yeah, Teemo is gonna wreck, if he can find someone to 1 v 1.

Edit 3: Haven't been watching since the first game, but apparently in Cloud 9's second game Teemo got banned. I see some Teemo nerfs coming in the near future :(

Trying to get through placement on EUW is a ball ache - lag galore and ranked constantly being taken offline.

Managed 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 loss prevented so far. (Reliably informed that my loss prevented doesn't affect my MMR but still counts as one of my 10 matches).

I was Silver 4 with a higher-than-silver-4 MMR in the pre-season, so hopefully I will be placed around that mark. Just as long as I avoid bronze :(

Really the worst part of support is when your adc runs in all gangbusters and gets pissed when Soraka doesn't heal him enough. 20 second cooldown you fool.

Fact!

Just did my third placement as Janna (we had a Yasuo on the team...knockups OP)...I made some blunders, but I also made some pretty good plays. We managed to win, even though Vayne was starting to get fed.

Really the worst part of support is when your adc runs in all gangbusters and gets pissed when Soraka doesn't heal him enough. 20 second cooldown you fool.

Fact!

Just did my third placement as Janna (we had a Yasuo on the team...knockups OP)...I made some blunders, but I also made some pretty good plays. We managed to win, even though Vayne was starting to get fed.

I need to get better at Janna.

Read the patch notes for the new season, ugh sick of the Nasus nerfs - first they nerf wither so it's basically useless to solo a champ (the attack speed debuff aspect was kneecapped hard), and compensate by giving a greater range to spells when cast in ultimate form... okay fine whatever, doesn't make up for the nerf but better than nothing.

Now in season 4 they remove the casting range boost in ultimate form... why?! It was only added to compensate for a previous nerf, now they remove the compensation? 'Because we want Nasus to have to position better'? Are you kidding me?

Nasus positioning translates to managing to catch someone in wither and if so proceed to sprint up and sit on their face. He's not a skill shot champ ffs, has no gap closers or range, positioning on his all-in attack is based mainly on opportunism or deliberate ganks, nerfing my ability to close the gap (from distance) is essentially nerfing my ability to attack at all. Moreover, the whole point of the casting range boost was to compensate for the fact they handicapped wither.

I blame n00bs qqing on the forums, 'wither OP NERF PLS' - How many seasons has Nasus existed? Wither was basically unchanged until late last year for that whole time and then suddenly becomes OP? Teemo please!

Now i'll have to go back to playing my other dog.

As someone who plays Nasus around half of the time, it sucks though :P

The wither nerf sucked. Last year you could wither an adc and kill them in a solo fight. These days it's rare, except that is kind of the point of Nasus. I get your point too but his early game is still as super weak as its ever been and although it's hard to stop any Nasus from being a threat late game, the range nerf does hurt his late game utility for team fights since everyone always runs away from you. Basically not too long ago I would get lots of kills with Nasus, these days I get very few kills but a truck load of assists. That doesn't really bother me in terms of I care about the result more than how many kills I get, but it's an indication of how the nerfs have affected his performance. He's basically a tanky support now (except with zero team utility), where as he used to be an offtank.

Anyway, I know I'm just qqing as a Nasus player, but its frustrating when champs with very limited skill sets and abilities have these tampered with when there are other champions who need much more attention, like Riven :P

Also nerf on Spirit Visage... boo! Though it does make my Frozen Heart, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage builds less redundant now :D

To be fair, both the Nasus and Riven nerfs were entirely justified. Both snowballed so far out of control with very little effort. Haven't seen anything as overpowered as Riven in season 3. Especially in low elo where people are stupid enough to trade with her early game.

Anyhoo, placed in Silver IV which was where I finished the pre-season so happy with that. Already up to 70 odd LP. Can't see me making Gold but will no doubt reach Silver I at some point this season, which is a big improvement from the days of Bronze IV and V!

I should probably start trying to regularly play something other than Nidalee...

To be fair, both the Nasus and Riven nerfs were entirely justified. Both snowballed so far out of control with very little effort. Haven't seen anything as overpowered as Riven in season 3. Especially in low elo where people are stupid enough to trade with her early game.

Anyhoo, placed in Silver IV which was where I finished the pre-season so happy with that. Already up to 70 odd LP. Can't see me making Gold but will no doubt reach Silver I at some point this season, which is a big improvement from the days of Bronze IV and V!

I should probably start trying to regularly play something other than Nidalee...

This is true for Riven, but I'm not sure how you think nerfing wither but giving Nasus greater cast range in ultimate form... then later reverting the change to cast range affects snowballing in anyway whatsoever. Also unless you're feeding Nasus kills early game, he does not really snowball - since his early game is not focused on getting kills but rather Q farm. If you're suggesting his Q farm allows him to 'snowball out of control' then I don't see how that is relevant to his recent changes, i.e. to wither or cast range in ultimate form, since neither of these are related to his Q at all.