BETA: January 1987 Mod (TEW 13)

Gabriel

VERSION 3 of the Beta:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dm9kr49s07lw03p

Special Thanks to: Genadi, Cpt. Charisma, Justtxyank and Burning Hamster for their "public domain" mods, and allowing other mod-makers to use their stuff.

I had been working on a 99 mod that was going to allow me to go back and play as my favorite sleaze promotion, XPW... but in the midst of working on the mod, I found so many missing workers that weren't present in anybody's works up to this point. Which got me to thinking about the easiest way to approach this, and I decided to go back to the year I was born and start from there.

So I've started in January of 1987, and what I'm going to do, is make the most expansive game world that I can possibly create at that point in time... and then move forward every month, treating it like a traditional roster update.

Can I first off suggest using my gimmick file from the reason is I have gimmicks broken down into the various categories that TEW has for example the Bad Ass gimmick is broken down into Brute, Cocky and Realistic variants, not ever gimick has every category just those that made sence. Its not perfect but its a good start.

One thing I would take a look at is try and make sure all wrestlers are at least in a 40-50 margin in stamina, women tend to be the biggest casualties, it basically reduces the complains of putting people in long matches, the 40-50 range is the area where the 6 minute to 10 minute max limit lies.

• Like 1

I would absolutely love to use your gimmicks file. Thanks for that.

In regards to the stamina issue, if you're getting notes that say that for people that shouldn't have the issue, let me know. I will make a focus of my game to be developing the women's division to help make sure that not too many of them are getting that note.

As I said over at Greydog's board... I'm going to add every worker and promotion that I possibly can. I'm sure there are more people out there like me, who wouldn't mind the loading times increasing if the game world is more expansive.

For those of you who have computers that can't handle the load, or who just don't like waiting, when it starts to become too much, I will put aside "Lite" versions of the mod that will remove some of the less needed components.

So, to answer your question 3MB, the British scene will look as good as it possibly can by the time everything is complete. Any information and help I can get in regards to the less accessible things, the better that it will turn out.

I also mentioned on the Greydog board that I will be keeping a list of promotions that you guys are wanting to have in the game and using that list to create future polls on which company gets added next.

Well just as a starting point for the era you are starting the only UK promotions active at the time would be Joint Promotions and All Star Wrestling.

I'd also try and take a look at Catch Wrestling Association, if your adding anything to Europe you pretty much have to add them as they were the core of Europe.

If you want I have a 1990 mod I'm working on for TEW10 and have a good starting point for arenas for around the period, only a couple hundred though.

I appreciate that. The locations file I've used is the one I'm gonna stick with, because I like the formatting, and there's something for every locale. But that being said, if there's anywhere missing, I wouldn't be opposed to adding to the database.

Joint Promotions, All Star Wrestling and the CWA are all integral parts of the European scene around the 87 period, and will be added for sure. I want to make sure that every game area is covered.

• 2 weeks later...

So, between here and the Greydog board, the votes were tallied and Jim Crockett Promotions will be added. I am adding them as Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling though, as I do believe that JCP was the name given to the group of promotions run by Crockett before selling to Turner... and MACW was the major promotion in that group.

Question time!

Should I open a new thread for the second Beta when I am done adding in MACW, or should I just update the first post of this thread?

• Like 1

Just spoiler info specific to Beta 1 and then add to and continue with the second.

Also totally agree with you on the naming of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, I'm not great on the period but I believe all braning was mostly of the NWA anyway as MACW was the home of the NWA when St. Louis fell

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to provide a quick update since it's been a month.

I am still working on New Japan, and am currently at 1701 workers in the database, which I just realized is about the size of the 2003 mod I've been playing. That's just with the WWE, WCW and New Japan workers. I still have four years of New Japan guys to go through, so it could end up close to 1800 workers with the 3 promotions.

If anyone wants to chip in so things move a bit faster, I could use a little bit of help with setting gimmicks to the workers, and with non-wrestling personnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3 of the Beta is now uploaded. (Link in the main post)

Currently playable:

WWF

MACW

New Japan Pro Wrestling

Continental Championship Wrestling

Catch Wrestling Association

I've stopped doing move lists for everyone and assigning gimmicks for now. If someone wants to do gimmicks, I would appreciate that. What I would ask is just that you select them in the game and then make a list of the worker and the gimmick you chose.. then just send it my way.

Beta 3 has over 1800 workers in the game, though I do need more non-wrestlers for Japan/Europe if anyone has any suggestions.

Beta 4 will be released once I have reached 10 promotions in the game.

Suggestions for fixes or future promotions are encouraged.

Thanks guys.

Real quick question for you guys here.

When adding ECW, would you rather I add Tri-State Wrestling Alliance and allow for the user to make the switch to Eastern if they want to? Or should I add TWA and Eastern Championship Wrestling as separate companies?

The only reason I'm debating this is because TWA has since re-formed and from what I can tell, continues on from when they sold to Tod Gordon, disregarding ECW's history.