David Moyes sacked by Man Utd

Lineker

Please oh please tell me someone compiled all the "United don't sack managers because Ferguson was there for 27 years" comments that were going about?!

I think it's the right move though. The squad needs an overhaul and he hasn't shown the leadership qualities or tactical competence to be entrusted with the financial muscle that'll have to be used. Admit they made a mistake letting a club legend choose his similarly angry and Scottish buddy, to be manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Then move on and go about using all their resources in finding the best man for the job.

If I were them I'd be ringing up Jurgen Klopp immediately and doing everything it takes to get him and see what they can do to wrangle Reus, Gundogan, Hummels and Subotic along with him.

I hope he saved his game at Everton before taking the job at Utd. If not, school boy error.

it's been like four patches since then, including the goalline tech patch. No way his save is still compatible.
  • Like 1

If he has been sacked United should've waited until after the season was over. There doesn't seem to be much of a point in changing managers with three games to go.

Surely though the players have to carry their share of the burden? They've been massively under performing and while Moyes is tactically inept, it's not as if they forgot how to football during the summer.

• Like 1

• Admin

Getting rid of all the backroom staff was a poor decision. So much experience there that could have aided with the transition. I think they'd have been better if Phelan and/or Meulensteen had stuck around. The only positive thing is that Chris Woods has got de Gea playing like a beast this season.

If he has been sacked United should've waited until after the season was over. There doesn't seem to be much of a point in changing managers with three games to go.

Depends, really. If they have someone in mind then it'd be good for that person to see the squad in competitive action before deciding who to drop as dead weight.,

Actually sacking him a day after Champions League football next season was made mathematically impossible makes sense, there was probably a clause in his contract where if he didn't make the top four his compensation would be significantly reduced and they were just waiting until it was confirmed.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he's still here come next season, though he really does look done right now. Surely time to make the change.

Interested to see who we get if this does happen. Klopp is the dream but it's quite obvious there's no chance what so ever of that actually happening.