If 100 people vote this post up Ellis will get a tattoo of the EWB logo on his ass.
- EWB VI
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted by Sousa the Fun Police Chief on 04 June 2011 - 07:13 PM
That's all for now.
EDIT: Wait, no, it's not, I had one more:
Posted by Crybaby Bunting on 12 December 2009 - 11:27 AM
Posted by BeCloudy Mitchell on 17 October 2014 - 03:27 AM
And nearly life.
Last night I got drunk and wrote a bunch of individualized suicide notes. One to my mom; my brother; brother's girlfriend; etc. My plan was to drink some more and then take a few handfuls of pills and be done. Instead, I passed out drunk and left my notebook of notes in plain sight. I didn't think anything of that, but my brother got curious about it and read through it, then called my mom while she was at work. She clocked out early and came home, and I spent part of the night crying and talking to her before falling asleep in my brother's bedroom floor.
Today, on the advice of my doctor, I went to the ER and explained what went on to a mental health specialist. I'm going to quit drinking and, hopefully, start doing outpatient therapy sessions and trying some new medication out. I poured my whiskey down the drain and don't have anything else to drink now. Part of my "safety plan", as well as staying around people for the next few days.
So say goodbye to drunk Cloudy for quite possibly ever. Hopefully Sober Happy Sunshine And Rainbows Cloudy comes around soon.
Posted by King of Invisible Swing on 09 May 2012 - 02:02 AM
Thanks to Lineker, our man on the inside, I've managed to sneak a couple of screen captures of EWB's latest viewing platform, Ceefax!
Instead of being cramped over your computer or laptop or squinting your eyes to read off your phone, you can finally sit back and relax in front of the TV and read EWB in stunning 7-bit ASCII graphics.
Now it's early days yet so, similar to the EWB experience on mobiles, there's some things missing. Apparently though, there's going to be an update to support Fastext to allow you to give out +1's!
There's no firm release date yet but hopefully this leak will spur on the powers that be to announce something concrete.
Posted by WHTGLT on 25 April 2011 - 03:48 PM
Kliq, you can suck my balls, I've given you more money through donations than I thought was possible, and you fucking repay me like this. Fuck you, pal.
All the mods on here can go fuck themselves, and that includes the shit-eating dick-jumpers like Kaney, GoGo, Marcos CSAMH, Zero and Norro. You're all a bunch of wankers as far as I'm concerned. You let things slide in favor of the zeitgeist and you act all high and mighty when you get your selfish little grubby hands on whatever the board thinks is a popular decision, despite knowing that it's morally and ethically out of the fucking question, just because you all just think this is a fucking popularity contest. You'll all rot in the seventh circle of hell.
King Ellis, LL, Gazz, Rich, Benji, 9 to 5, Skummy, Be, Dragsy, Liam, Summ, Dan, Steeb, Fitzy, ROC, Hobo, TKz, Cloudy, Maxx, Ruki, Eddie, Katsuya, LittleDaniel, Baddar TEOL, SDM, ADGray, Bigal and the rest of you worthless, loser, virgin-cunts can all go fuck yourselves. You're a horrible bunch of cock-smoking jew-fags and I hope you all die cold and alone. If I've forgotten to mention you and you consider yourself part of that boys club of cunt-nothing ballbag Hitlers than I hope you burn in hell too. I'm done with you faggots.
I never thought I'd get this upset over a message board, but you've gone and fucking done it. I hate you all. Suck on my balls EWB, I hope you cease to exist and die a horrible, horrible fucking death.
Ahem. In other news, I'm moving out this weekend and it'll be a while before I get the internets in my new flat, which means I'm going to be around pretty rarely for the next couple months. Just thought I'd say ta-ra for now, because I'm actually going to miss you bastards.
Posted by TGC on 12 June 2014 - 04:24 PM
I don't come here often anymore. I'm old and y'all are young and yada yada yada.
But hi anyway. Good to talk to y'all again.
So the wife and myself started to do IVF last year, and on Mother's Day of this year we had the transfer. Good day to potentially have a baby inserted, right? Must have been because it took. We found out she was pregnant on the 24th or something like that. Yay! At 42 I'm starting all over despite all three of my other kids being grown and on their own. I must be nuts. But in a good way I guess. The wife never had any kids, and she wanted one, so we tried. No guarantees of success, and at our age far greater chances of failure. But it took. And today we had our first sonogram.
I should back-up. They implanted three embryos on Mother's Day. Low chances of one taking let alone three so we're good.
Okay all caught up. Here we go. So we're having twins. There are two babies in there growing away. One is significantly smaller than the other, and may not survive, but as of today we're expecting twins on January 29th.
Twins. At 43. Sweet Hesus.
Good times. Scary, but good.
I also had my first grandchild on April 11th, so my child(ren) will be younger than my first grandchild by 9.5 months.
If you're on FB or Twitter with me, please don't say anything there. We're keeping this semi quiet for a little bit longer, but I kinda needed to talk about it so here I am. And since I love you all (except 4 of you who can fuck off!) I wanted to share.
Also, someone tell Kliq I will happily accept money for the years I worked here as a Mod and Admin in American Dollars.
EDIT: Because I'm having twins and god knows diapers are expensive enough for one baby, let alone two.
Posted by kliq on 15 October 2005 - 01:40 AM
You may not:
1. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain, watch or listen to copyrighted media.
2. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain software cracks, ROMs or pirated software.
Warnings, suspensions and bannings will be issued instantly on failure to comply with the above terms, depending on the severity of the case.
General Board Rules
1. There is to be no flaming whatsoever on EWB. Flaming is completely unacceptable and will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. No matter how stupid someone's post may be, out-of-line comments are not allowed. This includes the Hate thread in the Donator's forum and the No Spin Zone in the Diary Dome.
2. No trolling. A troll is someone who comes into a community and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. For the record, "It's my opinion." is not a valid defense. Trolling will almost always warrant some length of banning.
3. Post respectfully, even if you disagree with the point. You look far more badass when you dissect someone's argument point-by-point and with class than resorting to childish name-calling.
4. All mods & admins decisions are final and their wishes are to be respected. Please do not start an argument just because you disagree. It's our duty to do the best we can to moderate everything, and sometimes we have to make decisions that aren't to the liking of everyone. If you flame a Mod you will be banned.
5. Make sure you post in the correct forum. If you think a topic's subject matter could work in different forums -- for example, a post about video game technology that could go in either Entertainment or Computing -- post it in one of the appropriate forums.
6. Subjects are bound to come up more than once, such as the Bloodninja Cybering Joke. New members should keep in mind that we have come across these things many times, and may not be up to doing it again. Meanwhile, existing members should keep in mind that if the topic arises, it may be best to just let it go, as newer members may not have known that the topic came up on previous forms of EWB. The staff consists of rational people, and will be able to decipher when a topic has been drilled into the ground.
7. Keep signatures at a reasonable length. Some members may have signatures turned on, and the longer your signature is, the more they have to scroll through and the more their modem/computer has to load. So be respectful of other members at keep your sig nice and trim. If you're curious as to whether or not your sig is fine (you are generally allowed about a 300-pixel-high graphic,) ask in Board Discussion or PM a staff member.
8. No postwhoring. If you're going to reply or post, make sure there is a point to your post and that there is some actual content. "Good job" or "lol, I agree" are postwhore-ish messages, and will likely result in a warning.
9. Don't be an overt attention whore. Things like being "drunk" while posting, return threads, or threads that generally just scream that you're vying for inordinate amounts of attention will result in punishment of some sort. Introduction/hello threads are also advised against.
10. No referring people to places where they can download illegal material. You can discuss things like peer-to-peer programs, but referring people to illegal material (such as mp3s, ROMs, or program cracks) will most likely get you banned.
11. If you have any account problems, always consult an Administrator first before creating another account. While double accounts will no longer (in most cases) get both accounts banned, oftentimes a staff member may not be aware that your other account was created due to login/verification/etc. troubles. So make sure to contact an Admin and get things squared away asap. The only exception to this double account rule is if you're an absolute prick. Then we'll be happy to ban you once a day and thrice on Sunday.
12. Porn or general nudity of any form is not allowed on the forums. While links to tasteful pictorials and such are allowed, keep in mind that any links or such may need to be edited per the request of our host. Also, try not to use the PM feature of the board to pass along such material, as it would be easier to edit one post or link upon request as opposed to numerous PMs and PM logs.
13. Warnings will be removed at the discretion of the moderation team. There is no "court of appeal".
14. Just because there is no advertising forum doesn't mean you can just post a topic plugging your site wherever you want. This means you cannot advertise except for a link in your sig. If people abuse this privilege it will be removed.
15. Please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers of any kind in the status updates, particularly for events which have yet to even air. The 48-hour rule as it exists in The Ring/Flying Elbow extends to the rest of the board as well.
16. Any derogatory comments towards Blackburn Rovers FC will result in at least a suspension, if not a full ban. Steve Kean is fair game though, insult him all you want. Venkys too.
17. Usage of the Jim Neidhart / Who joke will get a warning as well
18. Mocking Coldplay? That's a
Posted by Scott McFly on 08 May 2010 - 01:32 PM
But never ever did I think I'd have to type that title.
Basically I was admitted to hospital about 2 weeks ago with what was thought to be a bad case of Glandular Fever (which I was having pains for about a couple of weeks prior), which was then suspected to be some liver inflammation with/due to a blood infection, and also constipation. So they were doing tests for these and it turned out I had some abceses (sp?) on my liver. It wasn't getting any better, so they moved me to another hospital with a liver specialist unit to get to the route of the problem. And while doing scans on my liver, they noticed something fishy in my bowel, did more tests on that and it turns out I have highly advanced Bowel Cancer. And those bits on my liver were actually the spreading of my cancer to there. Because I'm highly jaundiced (yellow skin/eyes), they couldn't start chemo on it until that was down. They tried several things to make that happen, but it hasn't. And the only remaining choice was so risky of causing me more pain or even killing me outright (and even if it worked it was a longshot), they can't do that either.
So I'm dying.
I've been given so much attention because of my age (I'm 25), and the fact this disease is 9999/10000 times found in someone a lot older than myself. But that's the upshot of it all in a nutshell. They don't know how long I have left because it's difficult to tell. But the only good news is I'll be able to come home once they balance my pain medication since that's all they can do for me.I've had so many visitors in the hospital to see me, all obviously very upset. But I'm trying to remain strong.
And like so many other posts I've seen on EWB, I wouldn't be making this here unless I considered this place my extended family. I might not post much outside the Ring or Sports, or interact with anyone outside the forum, but I'm always there in the background reading so I feel like I know everyone. So much so that I'd feel bad if I didn't tell you all what was happening.
Thank you EWB for always being here and making me feel accepted, mainly as a wrestling fan (and thanks to zero for giving me the chance to run the PPV Predictions).
Posted by JosÚ Stouki˝ho on 14 August 2011 - 06:24 PM