EWB Football Prediction League 2012-13

Starvinho

OK, let's try and get this up and running before t' season starts on Saturday. Basically t' format will be similar as Beagle's prediction league, but we'll predict mainly EPL games. There maybe weeks with FA Cup or international games too.

I need max 14 people to sign up. 14 players will result in 39 rounds and take us nicely to t' end of t' season.

We'll predict on 6 fixtures each round and random fixtures will mean you play someone different each week. By t' end of t' season you should have played each person 3 times.

3pts for a correct prediction, 1pt for correct outcome prediction and 0pts for an incorrect prediction.

3pts for a fixture win, 1pt for a draw and 0pts for a loss.

In t' league, t' person with t' most points is obviously top. If there is a tie then it'll go to prediction points difference (PD) first and then prediction points scored (F). If it happens to still be a tie after that then it'll go down to games won (W) and finally alphabetical order.

Each week t' first game for prediction will kick-off at Saturday 3pm, I'll state otherwise if this is different. You'll have until an hour before kick-off to get your predictions in. You can edit your predictions as many times as you like before t' deadline, but I do ask if you do edit then please make me aware of it so I can update your predictions in my spreadsheet.

Right, I think that covers everything. Any questions or queries then just ask. If you'd like to sign up just post in t' thread along with your first week's predictions. Cheers.

Member List (14)

Starvinho

Abraham Welshington96

Devil In Jouzy City

Baddar

HailtotheKing

Davidmarrio

Colly

WalkerWGZ

mykel

iiMarco

Ted Maul

Ravey

Jam

Phillip J. Fryober

Week 1 Predictions

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

QPR 0-0 Swansea

West Ham 0-0 Aston Villa

Newcastle 0-0 Tottenham

Man City 0-0 Southampton

Everton 0-0 Man United

So just copy and paste t' above and write in your predictions. If you do happen to edit them before t' deadline then just post in t' thread to let me know. Good luck.

Week 1 Predictions

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland

QPR 1-1 Swansea

West Ham 0-0 Aston Villa

Newcastle 2-3 Tottenham

Man City 4-0 Southampton

Everton 1-2 Man United

At the risk of starting something I'll almost inevitably forget about by October...

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland

QPR 1-2 Swansea

West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa

Newcastle 2-1 Tottenham

Man City 4-0 Southampton

Everton 1-1 Man United

The only downside to this format is people forgetting to predict. Their opponent should always get the win, but it does become silly when 2 or 3 drop out.

Maybe if the person you're matched against doesn't predict, you have to beat a relatively easy score to get the points - 4, for example?

Christ, just realised how complex this actually is. So you get points for actually getting the scores right (a la the Euro predictions compo that some cool individual organised :shifty: ) and for beating the person you're matched with? Is it not easier just to do one or the other? Meh, makes no difference to us competitors...

Basically, you need to get more points across the 6 games than your opponent to earn 3pts on the table.

The only time your prediction point total becomes relevant is when you're tied with another player in the league standings.

So yeah, simple to follow, but it becomes a little wonky when the person you're up against fails to predict.

Hopefully people don't drop out, but I'm sure there'll be times when people forget to predict. If that happens then they'll forfeit that week's fixture, and the 3pts will automatically go to their opponent.